Feels Like Everything Is Illegal, Sometimes

the way the authorities describe the lack of protections that the law provides to patients makes me really wonder about my abilities to read a law and think I might understand what it means. Usually I can do that. My reading of the law seemed to give lots of protections to patients. And yet...while I don't necessarily fear continually...I act and stress as if medical marijuana is still illegal. Just seems that anything I do with it could readily subject me to prosecution by State authorities.

Is it possible that if we act like people do in the illegal markets(however that is and assuming the tactics are non-violent, ethical, and otherwise legal) that we'd be less likely to be prosecuted?

Seems paradoxical.

Its entirely possible if things continue toward the way the authorities want it to go that the affirmative defense may be our best option. I'm starting to really wonder about what value the registry holds for patients. Even with a denied affirmative defense, could we be safer?

When I was first certified I spoke with an attorney. She told me to treat my activities as if they were illegal. Keep what you do to yourself, don't show anyone what you are doing. Most growers are going to be busted by someone tipping off LEO. It sucks that this is the way things are but it's reality right now. First and foremost stay safe.

When I was first certified I spoke with an attorney. She told me to treat my activities as if they were illegal. Keep what you do to yourself, don't show anyone what you are doing. Most growers are going to be busted by someone tipping off LEO. It sucks that this is the way things are but it's reality right now. First and foremost stay safe.

We had an attorney at one of our club meetings and that was his advise as well. Treat it like its all illegal and stay under the radar. Good advise in my opinion with BS and his gastapo out there at the moment

That just sucks. I wish so bad we could be open about this... it's such a positive thing... and having to hide all the time makes it feel illicit, which makes it stressful, which worsens many medical conditions (stress is a trigger for my migraines and shingles...)

Yea I wonder if it ever even crosses their minds that they are hurting real patients, real tax paying citizens.

Hof. I truly feel you man... I was arguing the same thoughs with myself the other night. lol....

but as Jims Mom (forum member) said, Change is Hard!

But that is the exact response BS wants. He want everyone to Fear him, because he is a petty man, with a petty agenda, and no moral fortitude. Sure he is the State AG and has the power to make life miserable, and he enjoys doing it as we have seen thru the years... but as the person charged with that responsibility, he is supposed to be fighting for all the People of Michigan. But it s is obvious to all, even his once long time supporters, he is selling out the the People of Michigan to Federalism, those that disagree with him, and on the other hand fighting federalism if its good for his peoples. Mind you not THE People, but HIS People. By keeping the pressure of everyones efforts, squarely where it belongs, which is on BS' shoulders, he will continue to drown in his own spittle of contempt. Also as we recently seen with his Woes Me email to the Schuettettes of Totalitarianism.

TO stand down now would be akin to giving up as your marching to town to accept the enemies surrender....

He would walk on your rights, and declare victory in the process. You simply can not let this immoral character intimidate you thru fear mongering, grand standing, and opposing his Opinion and Will, over what was Justly Voted for and Passed by We the People.

Thanks for the pep talk Tim. Just that 6 months ago I thought it was crazy to think getting off the registry could be safer. Just thinking...depending how things go going forward...just thinking of the possibility. I don't think we are there yet. It'd really be a shame for this totally to go underground....I've met a lot good people(albeit sometimes only through the internet) and learned so much and have had much fun. And my health has improved measurably. My doctor is pleased, also.

Most likely, however, is that the Act will eventually get more support. Maybe the legalization efforts will speed this up by drawing attention away from us.

If the legalization effort gets going....I am hoping it will distract the prohibitionists away from the medical. Maybe the Authorities will even embrace medical in comparison.

It would be nice to see the Act strengthened for more patient rights for a change. Maybe we'll get some breaks in these pending court cases.

I've been working with the legalization folks too. Just so ya know.

The way the act is currently being interpreted by prohibitionist everything is pretty much illegal. The fact is there are more than 100,000 legal gardens and probably at least that many illegal gardens across Michigan and bust are as rare as Hawaiian snow. Yeah, people win the lotto, so stay legal, but you have more to fear just trying to survive the day or not slipping and falling in the shower than getting in trouble as a patient or caregiver. Of course if you tell everyone, advertise on Craigslist, sell to dispensaries, anger a lot of people that know your growing, wrong your room mates or significant other, hang with common criminals, go through a custody battle, start growing with hoodlum adult step children in the house that hate you, anger you neighbor that smells the odor of medicating every other day, have the cops over to bust up a domestic dispute, get involve with cps, have plants growing in open view, have an electric bill of over $1000, and have bad luck, you may have a little something to worry about. This law was passes to increase the quality of our lives and one should have the confidence to do just that.

That fact has been, even if you win the bad lotto because of something you did, punishment has been very mild for card holders. And despite the fact cops, prosecutors, and prohibitionist say people do not go to jail for drugs, 80% of our prison population is there for drugs and 5% is there for small enough quantities that they were only charged with simple possession. The card helps, even if you live in a hostile area that does not respect the law.

My personal favorite quote:

It is the fundamental duty of the citizen to resist and to restrain the violence of the state. Those who choose to disregard this responsibility can justly be accused of complicity in war crimes, which is itself designated as ‘a crime under international law’ in the principles of the Charter of Nuremberg.

* Preface to Bertrand Russell War Crimes Tribunal on Vietnam, 1971

good common sense there.

The way the act is currently being interpreted by prohibitionist everything is pretty much illegal. The fact is there are more than 100,000 legal gardens and probably at least that many illegal gardens across Michigan and bust are as rare as Hawaiian snow. Yeah, people win the lotto, so stay legal, but you have more to fear just trying to survive the day or not slipping and falling in the shower than getting in trouble as a patient or caregiver. Of course if you tell everyone, advertise on Craigslist, sell to dispensaries, anger a lot of people that know your growing, wrong your room mates or significant other, hang with common criminals, go through a custody battle, start growing with hoodlum adult step children in the house that hate you, anger you neighbor that smells the odor of medicating every other day, have the cops over to bust up a domestic dispute, get involve with cps, have plants growing in open view, have an electric bill of over $1000, and have bad luck, you may have a little something to worry about. This law was passes to increase the quality of our lives and one should have the confidence to do just that.

That fact has been, even if you win the bad lotto because of something you did, punishment has been very mild for card holders. And despite the fact cops, prosecutors, and prohibitionist say people do not go to jail for drugs, 80% of our prison population is there for drugs and 5% is there for small enough quantities that they were only charged with simple possession. The card helps, even if you live in a hostile area that does not respect the law.

Thanks for the pep talk Tim. Just that 6 months ago I thought it was crazy to think getting off the registry could be safer. Just thinking...depending how things go going forward...just thinking of the possibility. I don't think we are there yet. It'd really be a shame for this totally to go underground....I've met a lot good people(albeit sometimes only through the internet) and learned so much and have had much fun. And my health has improved measurably. My doctor is pleased, also.

Most likely, however, is that the Act will eventually get more support. Maybe the legalization efforts will speed this up by drawing attention away from us.

If the legalization effort gets going....I am hoping it will distract the prohibitionists away from the medical. Maybe the Authorities will even embrace medical in comparison.

It would be nice to see the Act strengthened for more patient rights for a change. Maybe we'll get some breaks in these pending court cases.

I've been working with the legalization folks too. Just so ya know.

we hope to be the ones to break the courts with are pending case at all most 3 years now we can not give up we have lost to much to give up now

Archived