Stroke Victim

Does anyone have any personnel experience with which strains would be helpful for a recovering stroke victim?

I'm guessing heavy indicas but don't know for sure.

Cannabis has been linked to regenerating nerve pathways in the brain.

I have a patient that is a victim of a stroke. His left side took a severe hit. He likes Green Crack which is a sativa dominant and AK-47 which is usually Indica dominant. His doctor has stated he is improving now that he has access to a better quality of cannabis. His progress is very slow but any improvement is a miracle! I try to give him Indicas as much as possible because of the "Body Effects". Tho he likes it all, he seems to prefer the Indicas and the Green Crack. Hope this helps ya! Medcnman.

I have a patient that is a victim of a stroke. His left side took a severe hit. He likes Green Crack which is a sativa dominant and AK-47 which is usually Indica dominant. His doctor has stated he is improving now that he has access to a better quality of cannabis. His progress is very slow but any improvement is a miracle! I try to give him Indicas as much as possible because of the "Body Effects". Tho he likes it all, he seems to prefer the Indicas and the Green Crack. Hope this helps ya! Medcnman.

Thanks for the input. Cannabis is definitely helping, we are just trying to fine tune for optimum effect.

Terrible things I know about strokes due to working in a hospital...

Two kinds of strokes in general - blood clots, this is ischemic - 85% of strokes are due to blood clots. It is very important to rush this person to the hospital - because they have Heparin and other powerful clot busters to clear that clot and restore blood flow before the tissue dies. The longer you wait, the more damage it will cause, including the clot breaking off and heading to the lungs or heart tissue. A blood clot in the lungs causes breathing problems.

The other stroke is where you have an aneurysm - a rupture in a weak wall. Both kill brain cells and heart tissue due to blood loss. The aneurysm stroke is commonly fatal as it can be undetected long enough for that person to bleed out. This requires emergency surgery if it is large enough, to patch the vessel or build a shunt of vessels to take over. Small aneurysm can stop bleeding, but the tissue it feeds dies. Big aneurysm can occur in the abdominal region and that person can bleed out just like a gunshot victim. These kinds of strokes are Fox Trot Uniform.

My dad has many small aneurysms - maybe due to agent orange. They can't do much about it, except watch his blood clotting abilities, do MRIs to look for new ones.

the test for detecting stroke is to look for unsymmetrical behavior in the victim. You ask them to raise both arms in front of them, they will not be able to raise the effected side. You ask them to 'smile' - only half their face will be able to comply. You ask them to repeat three words - "World House People" they will miss one word. It is better to rush to the hospital and find that the clot had passed on its own, rather than wait and find the person worst off next morning. Stroke victims frequently will have Mental Status changes - this is why it is important to know your 'stroke patient' well - their talking pattern, speech, thoughts, and behavior can become strange and disjointed. Ignored old people - their healthcare providers miss mental status changes that warn of serious medical problems.

Strokes and heart attacks effect the whole family, not just the victim.

I might be a believer that marijuana could make blood 'oily' so it might not clot so much. Who knows, I hope science will prove it. Some people are just prone to strokes because the blood will be stickier than normal, this is why some MM patients should not quit certain medications just yet.

DN

Archived