Becoming Certified:

My question is simple:

After I get my license to receive medical marijuana as an alternative solution to my medical ailment, am I legally allowed to also become a licensed care-giver?

Particularly-speaking in relation to the City of Lake Orion in Oakland County

If able to receive care - and also give care - I would be able to start a legitimate business. My interest is not in starting a local business in town or starting a dispensary anywhere...but rather provide service to a mass majority of people who have their license and are medically certified to receive quality medical marijuana at good prices but are suffering from the fall-out after waves of dispensaries closed their doors across the sate.

A grass-roots movement that doesn't promote an organized dispensary or brick and mortar businesses but rather the gathering of more farmer's markets and closely-involved consumers to provide safety against the possible insurgency of swindlers and dope-fiends who look to exploit Mary Jane for quick bucks - as well as the oppressors, political regimes and moral activists who seek to demonize an herb that has nothing left to defend itself with. Marijuana has proven its uses outside of psycho-activity, it has a multitude of legitimate applications that don't involve getting high. Still it is criminalized and a great majority of those who seek to see it decriminalized have lost the strength in their resolve to such a point where the moment they are given any slack it's either abused or misdirected out of context with winning the battle.

My question is simple:

After I get my license to receive medical marijuana as an alternative solution to my medical ailment, am I legally allowed to also become a licensed care-giver?

Particularly-speaking in relation to the City of Lake Orion in Oakland County

If able to receive care - and also give care - I would be able to start a legitimate business. My interest is not in starting a local business in town or starting a dispensary anywhere...but rather provide service to a mass majority of people who have their license and are medically certified to receive quality medical marijuana at good prices but are suffering from the fall-out after waves of dispensaries closed their doors across the sate.

A grass-roots movement that doesn't promote an organized dispensary or brick and mortar businesses but rather the gathering of more farmer's markets and closely-involved consumers to provide safety against the possible insurgency of swindlers and dope-fiends who look to exploit Mary Jane for quick bucks - as well as the oppressors, political regimes and moral activists who seek to demonize an herb that has nothing left to defend itself with. Marijuana has proven its uses outside of psycho-activity, it has a multitude of legitimate applications that don't involve getting high. Still it is criminalized and a great majority of those who seek to see it decriminalized have lost the strength in their resolve to such a point where the moment they are given any slack it's either abused or misdirected out of context with winning the battle.

read the law then read it again and get a good lawyer on retainer.

you are referring to patient to patient sales, that is illegal per the latest COA ruling.

You can be compassionate - patients can acquire, transfer and deliver - for free.

A Caregiver can be compensated for his/her five patients that will be connected to him/her via signing the CG attestation form.

The MMMAct allows a CG to be compensated and it would not be considered a 'sale' - which is illegal under the current CSA.

DN

One thing has nothing to do with the other. Being a patient and being a caregiver are different characters in the same play. You can only be the registered caregiver for up to five other patients.

The Michigan Medical Marihuana was not designed as a business venture.

Once again, read, then re-read the MMMAct, the rules are quite explicit, you cannot have a drug related felony drug conviction in your past, must be at least 18 years old. Before you can become a caregiver a patient must assign you the right to grow for them. You can have 5 patients. Those are basically the rules, as I have read them. Peace ... j.b.

if you cant afford the certification you will never be able to swing growing anything..its a money pit and you cannot provide for mass people you can supply 5 people..lights nutes soil fans clones seeds just to start out 12 plants here a estimate

light setup 300 flower

fan/carbon filter 200

soil 40

oscilating fans 40

nutes 100-200

ph meter 20-80

hygrometer 20

panda film 60

ductwork for ex 25

clones 20x12=240

buckets 20

veg light 150