Basement Grow Room

angel4us

i have a full beutifully clean concrete basement with 9 foot walls built in 98 with out any visible water problems-looks like new home construction...my dilema is should i frame walls out of lumber asnd seal in plastic/melamine board? and would i want to insulate in a basement and if so would i want to build out and isulate over concrete walls OR block in grow rooms with cinder blocks and paint all surfaces with white pool paint!!!! actually would be cheaper, easier (on my back) ,and would definetly be nice and cleanable like melamine -which is about 33 bucks a sheet(4 x8)1/2" versus 75 bucks a gallon for pool paint??????any input welcome peace

Just use flat white primer. 123 primer is super cheap and will work just fine. no need for high dollar pool paint so get the cheapest stuff you can get your hands on. I've set several basement rooms up and no need to insulate the walls like mad as it's in the ground. Once you get those rooms running and get those wall warm she'll hold temps nicely. The club gets a bunch of that shrink wrap for boats in the spring for free so if you'd like some of that then buz me on the Berrien County club site and I'll get ya on the list and make sure you get some. Stuff is just like panda film so works great for lining walls ceilings and what have ya's.

Insulation is only needed for sound. As repeatedly said, flat white paint is the most reflective option. Cinder block seems crazy, but I am totally ignorant on this type of building. Cinder block would offer great sound insulation, plus your room would make a great shelter. Most people use 2x4s with ether panda film or dry wall. It is a nice option if you can have a lockable room with a lock on the basement door too. Make sure your room is located where you can still have people in to work on your utilities, heater, water heater, electric box, and ect.. Venting into the basement with a carbon filter will make the basement a nice temperature and help hide your heat signature. It is also better if the room can be located where the fan noise and water and pump noises is not an issue while you or others are sleeping.

Archived