Michigan Saw First Lawmaker Recalled In Thirty Years

David1946

Michigan Saw First Lawmaker Recalled In Thirty Years (Unfortunately two of the most important recalls are doomed to fail)

http://www.rock1017fm.com/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=125494&article=9553058

Michigan saw its first recall of a state lawmaker in nearly 30 years, as Flint area State Representative Paul Scott lost his 51st District seat by 232 votes this fall.

A number of other recall efforts were less successful. Petitions were circulated for House and Senate members, even Governor Rick Snyder saw a failed campaign to remove him from office.

"I just focused on my job serving constituents, getting the job done, making sure Michigan was a better place to get a job or create one. I tried to stay out of the political things," 79th District Representative Al Pscholka said. The Stevensville Republican was the author of Emergency Financial Manager legislation that has produced Public Act 4's controversial powers. "I really think the whole recall process, whether it was (against) me or someone else was nothing more than raw partisan politics."

Pscholka said he got to know Scott during his first year in the House and found him "a thoughtful member of the legislature, but there were other issues that may have lead to his recall." Scott had chaired the State House Education Committee and was criticized for supporting changes in funding, along with taxing of public pensions. The U of M law school graduate had billed himself as a "21st conservative" and raised some eyebrows when he fathered a child with a former staffer in his 2010 bid to win the GOP Secretary of State primary.

Michigan Saw First Lawmaker Recalled In Thirty Years (Unfortunately two of the most important recalls are doomed to fail)

http://www.rock1017fm.com/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=125494&article=9553058

Michigan saw its first recall of a state lawmaker in nearly 30 years, as Flint area State Representative Paul Scott lost his 51st District seat by 232 votes this fall.

A number of other recall efforts were less successful. Petitions were circulated for House and Senate members, even Governor Rick Snyder saw a failed campaign to remove him from office.

"I just focused on my job serving constituents, getting the job done, making sure Michigan was a better place to get a job or create one. I tried to stay out of the political things," 79th District Representative Al Pscholka said. The Stevensville Republican was the author of Emergency Financial Manager legislation that has produced Public Act 4's controversial powers. "I really think the whole recall process, whether it was (against) me or someone else was nothing more than raw partisan politics."

Pscholka said he got to know Scott during his first year in the House and found him "a thoughtful member of the legislature, but there were other issues that may have lead to his recall." Scott had chaired the State House Education Committee and was criticized for supporting changes in funding, along with taxing of public pensions. The U of M law school graduate had billed himself as a "21st conservative" and raised some eyebrows when he fathered a child with a former staffer in his 2010 bid to win the GOP Secretary of State primary.

One of our own is running 2 fill this seat.activist Cary Neuville Justice,is running on the green party.if u live in the 51st district please consider voting for Cary.she will be a great state rep for all of us.

Archived