Would You Vote To Legalize Marijuana?

maxmax

Then sadly, the entire endeavor is going to be a wasted effort. It probably stands a reasonable chance of getting on the ballot but it has no chance of passing unless a few million voters happen to be sick on election day. What it will do is discourage the community from trying again with a realistic amendment. Beware of buyers remorse, because that is exactly what it's going to be. People want something so bad that they take whatever is offered because it resembles what they want. Only later do they realize that it is not even functional to the purpose intended.

So do intend to work against it?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So do intend to work against it?

Absolutely not, I would vote for it and encourage as many people as possible to do the same. Failure could be a disaster not only for legalization, but the medical program as well. It might cause certain groups to try and totaly repeal the medical law, as they might think the original medical vote was a mistake and was not realy what the public wanted. Two of the patients I grow for would likely not live long if they did not have access to the treatment. Being able to eat, sleep and get out of bed is important in keeping the will to live.

Absolutely not, I would vote for it and encourage as many people as possible to do the same. Failure could be a disaster not only for legalization, but the medical program as well. It might cause certain groups to try and totaly repeal the medical law, as they might think the original medical vote was a mistake and was not realy what the public wanted. Two of the patients I grow for would likely not live long if they did not have access to the treatment. Being able to eat, sleep and get out of bed is important in keeping the will to live.

Inaction is MUCH more likely us harm than standing up.

Didn't you notice the change in the wind after 9/7?

More of the conservative mindset folks are willing to let cannabis pass. So oddly enough a percentage of those will vote yes.

That is the single largest set of people that gains can be made in. The abuse by Bill Schuette and Oakland county has not gone unnoticed. Many hard core conservatives are insulted that the government is ignoring the voters. That is completely wrong. Like marijuana or hate it .. It is completely unAmerican to completely ignore the voters.

The more Bill abuses the patients and caregivers of Michigan, the more of those kind of votes are generated for us.

And those are hard core right wing votes to completely legalize. "Just stop wasting our resources on this stupid stuff." Marijuana is viewed by these people as a waste of time. They figure "legalize it and get it done .. stop wasting conversation about it."

So .. between now and the election, every abusive move by authorities will generate more votes for us. Some of them actually realize that now. More will figure it out soon.

Oakland county residents DO NOT like the way their government has made their community look before the public.

Between now and November .. Either they get reasonable or it will become completely legal.

If they pull way back they MIGHT maintain the status quo. They want the press dead quiet on the topic. It is the only way laws against cannabis MIGHT be saved.

Abuse us and those laws go away ..

As we get closer to the election this impact on the medical community will become stronger.

This should result in an increased safety for our medical community.

Persons working this effort will be at an increased level of risk during that time. Those people will be taking on risk to themselves in an action that increases the safety of the patients and caregivers.

I don't believe they will be foolish enough to increase anti-mmj activity into this election season.

I feel the same as most folks are so fed up with Gov't BS and wasting money they very well may vote it right in. People are fed up and wasting what lil money they have left for mj is just stupid. Most of the folks been hearing and seeing this BS for years and years and they're fed up. The stupidity has to stop.

The voters tried the medical way. Look what happened. Look at what's happening in Colorado. 100% legalization is the only way now. If Schuette and the Feds want to try to go after patients and caregivers, let them try to go after an entire state of citizens.

I am just concerned that there are too many unanswered questions that will result from such an openly worded proposal. Do we really want the legislature filling in the blanks for us?

Maybe I am missing something, but with the wording as it stands, someone could cultivate many acres right on the Indiana border with the intention of transporting it all to Illinois and Indiana to sell. Or even the same situation but with Canada as the destination. The governments won't let this stand, and I just think our community should propose answers to these questions before the fact so we end up with an acceptable solution. The Fed's and the States will come up with some very unacceptable answers for us, and they will be legislated into law quickly if this passes.

Let's just say for example that Indiana passed a law with the same wording as the one proposed here, and it passed by 89% of the voters. Let's say that no one in Indiana really thought there was anything wrong with the new law. Suddenly multi acre farms sprung up, and someone got the idea that since BS is making it so hard to cultivate MMJ in Michigan that it would be very profitable to ship a few semi loads North of the border. Since making a hugely profitable return on ones crop would no longer be possible in Indiana, seeing that anyone could grow any amount they liked, undoubtedly this would happen. So now, think about what the Shuetteites in Michigan would do next. These are some of my concerns, they may not sound real to you but look at what they are trying to do to the law we currently have in place. By the end of the next month or two, I understand there may be some nasty changes coming our way courtesy of our House and Senate. I honestly believe my concerns are valid, I certainly hope that somehow I could be wrong. Nothing would make me happier than you telling me I told you so next November.

mike, interstate commerce would be illegal as it currently is. There would be no protections in Indiana. Ironic, as Indiana was a huge hemp state. Still many wild patches still today, especially on the back property lines of many many many farm fields.

I am just concerned that there are too many unanswered questions that will result from such an openly worded proposal. Do we really want the legislature filling in the blanks for us?

Maybe I am missing something, but with the wording as it stands, someone could cultivate many acres right on the Indiana border with the intention of transporting it all to Illinois and Indiana to sell. Or even the same situation but with Canada as the destination. The governments won't let this stand, and I just think our community should propose answers to these questions before the fact so we end up with an acceptable solution. The Fed's and the States will come up with some very unacceptable answers for us, and they will be legislated into law quickly if this passes.

Let's just say for example that Indiana passed a law with the same wording as the one proposed here, and it passed by 89% of the voters. Let's say that no one in Indiana really thought there was anything wrong with the new law. Suddenly multi acre farms sprung up, and someone got the idea that since BS is making it so hard to cultivate MMJ in Michigan that it would be very profitable to ship a few semi loads North of the border. Since making a hugely profitable return on ones crop would no longer be possible in Indiana, seeing that anyone could grow any amount they liked, undoubtedly this would happen. So now, think about what the Shuetteites in Michigan would do next. These are some of my concerns, they may not sound real to you but look at what they are trying to do to the law we currently have in place. By the end of the next month or two, I understand there may be some nasty changes coming our way courtesy of our House and Senate. I honestly believe my concerns are valid, I certainly hope that somehow I could be wrong. Nothing would make me happier than you telling me I told you so next November.

mike, interstate commerce would be illegal as it currently is. There would be no protections in Indiana. Ironic, as Indiana was a huge hemp state. Still many wild patches still today, especially on the back property lines of many many many farm fields.

I am very aware of that, but I don't think criminals will care a whole lot. After all that is how they make money, by breaking the law. And they would be in compliance untill the crossed the state line. The cartels in Mexico don't seem to let the law stop them. That is the point I was trying to make.

Well, looks like the feds will have their hands so full with the interstate issues that they will need to give up on patients. The feds do have limited resources. At that point, will anyone really care? Think repealing alcohol prohibition. Michigan was the first!

The feds do have limited resources.

i disagree with that the Feds have the money to do what they need

i do belive what you say is true

We're NOT THE ONLY STATE TRYING THIS IN 2012!!Sounds like Ca. along with possibly a couple others will be in it with us.I'm IN.... Its Now or Never! It'll sure free up resources to go after the Tweekers and Crackers and maybe they can make more goin after the Interstate Traffikers.Just leave us Regular people alone!!!

Just think of all the extra police officers that Indiana would have to hire to put a stop to that 'cross-border cannabis' trading.

Why, that in itself could help improve the economy in Indiana... why would anyone be against increased employment?

But as someone else already mentioned; Michigan is not the only state that will be putting up ballot proposals to 'legalize cannabis.

Heck, next year Indiana might even have enough sense to do it.

Just think of all the extra police officers that Indiana would have to hire to put a stop to that 'cross-border cannabis' trading.

Why, that in itself could help improve the economy in Indiana... why would anyone be against increased employment?

But as someone else already mentioned; Michigan is not the only state that will be putting up ballot proposals to 'legalize cannabis.

Heck, next year Indiana might even have enough sense to do it.

By having the issue on many states at the same time, it becomes a federal issue. At least on election day.

People will come to vote JUST FOR THIS. Larger voter turnout. And they will come out and vote in support of cannabis.

2008 showed them what happens when cannabis is on the ballot. It will NOT be ignored in 2012.

The key focal point in time is the 2012 election. That is the very time that maximum pressure can be applied on a federal level.

Michigan will do its part. To get that job done, we put the issue on the Michigan ballot. We add to the weight on federal elected officials.

By having the issue on many states at the same time, it becomes a federal issue. At least on election day.

People will come to vote JUST FOR THIS. Larger voter turnout. And they will come out and vote in support of cannabis.

2008 showed them what happens when cannabis is on the ballot. It will NOT be ignored in 2012.

The key focal point in time is the 2012 election. That is the very time that maximum pressure can be applied on a federal level.

Michigan will do its part. To get that job done, we put the issue on the Michigan ballot. We add to the weight on federal elected officials.

am glad we have people like you standing up for marijuana but i think some people are just trying to make history on the backs of medical marihuana

Nothing will improve for us until the cannabis laws are changed at the FEDERAL LEVEL.

We can put our heads in the sand and tell ourselves we've got it made with our MMM Act in place, but that will NOT keep local AND federal agencies from tampering with the MMJ law here in Michigan and elsewhere.

Change has to come at the federal level.

VOTE!!!!

Nothing will improve for us until the cannabis laws are changed at the FEDERAL LEVEL.

We can put our heads in the sand and tell ourselves we've got it made with our MMM Act in place, but that will NOT keep local AND federal agencies from tampering with the MMJ law here in Michigan and elsewhere.

Change has to come at the federal level.

VOTE!!!!

This IS working on the federal level. :blink:

How else can we work on the federal level? We elect those that will cause the change. Election politics is leverage being applied.

If we could directly cause medical cannabis to be on a national ballot, it would be all over. But we can't do that.

The next thing we can do is apply pressure on elected officials. The maximum effect of that is near election time.

am glad we have people like you standing up for marijuana but i think some people are just trying to make history on the backs of medical marihuana

I am a patient and I do not want to be subject to felony prosecution for a minor infraction. If the government is going to abuse patients with felony prosecutions, the felonies need to be removed. It's that simple. No government protected monopolies, no pro dispensary system. No felony for unlocked grow, no felony for 13 plants. It is a surprisingly refreshing proposal. It is pro patient. The best it can be, it pretty much is. no compromises.

And with other States in it TOO,We just may have something goin here that they won't be able to stop.Beating the BIG PHARM MONEY isn't gonna be easy,BUT,When it gets to a certain Point I don't know how they can keep sayin it doesn't help and there's no Medicinal Value When there's PROOF its helpin all these people.Their Still Alive and the Shoutin is gettin Louder--I'm darn Mad and I'm not Gonna Take it anymore. Vote Legalize YES!!!

Archived