Dispensary Legalization Bill...status?

Back in December I had the opportunity to sit with a dispensary owner at a Legislative oversight hearing on the performance of LARA related to their getting cards out. At that time I was told that Rebekah Warren, the democratic state senator from AA, has authored a bill to legalize dispensaries and the bill had cleared the legislative legal services group and should be out any time now. Have we had the opportunity to review the proposed language to insure that it includes Farmer's Markets?

sorry but i do think it's in the Law alreay people can get their Meds from whom ever they want to imho

That is the subject of all sorts of opinions.

My post related to the fact that I had heard there is a dispensary bill out there that was authored by the MACC. I do not know what is in the bill, but since I was told it is a dispensary legalization bill it would not be much of a leap to assume it might impact the Farmer's Market distribution model. With 3MA working closely with MACC I was guessing that someone on here might be able to shed some light on where this bill is and how it might interact with a Farmer's Market distribution model.

Everything I've heard indicates that no dispensary bills will pass. The farmers market does not depend on additional rights. (4)(e) and Section 8 authorize transfers between caregivers and patients. I would never ask the legislature for rights that are already contained in the act. We are working closely with the MACC and Norml as well as other groups. thanks, Bb

i agree but it's the courts that don't agree with Section 8 because it would protect all sick people that need Medical Marihuana and the court has Mr.Bill S on their side for now

they all know that the Law is great thats why they are fighting to get all those Bills passed

• 2 months later...

That is the subject of all sorts of opinions.

My post related to the fact that I had heard there is a dispensary bill out there that was authored by the MACC. I do not know what is in the bill, but since I was told it is a dispensary legalization bill it would not be much of a leap to assume it might impact the Farmer's Market distribution model. With 3MA working closely with MACC I was guessing that someone on here might be able to shed some light on where this bill is and how it might interact with a Farmer's Market distribution model.

rolleyes.gif

Archived