Detroit Police Officer Supplements Income

Beans

COMMERCE TOWNSHIP (WXYZ) - A 30-year-old Detroit Police Officer is suspended after an Oakland County Sheriff's drug unit raids his home in connection with a medical marijuana operation that is suspected of operating illegally.

A search warrant was executed at the officer's lakeside home in Commerce Township where he lives with his brother who is also one of the targets in the on-going investigation by the Oakland County Narcotics Enforcement Team.

State officials say Michigan law prohibits medical marijuana dispensaries but registered users and their caregivers are allowed to grow their own marijuana with certain restrictions.

The company under investigation is called "Green Greener Grow" and their website indicates it is a non-profit for patients and caregivers operating in full compliance with the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act.

A portion of the company's website also reads, "..discreet access to medical marijuana direct mail, personal delivery, or private location services".

Defense attorney Corbett O'Meara represents the suspended officer and says his client only sublet office space in Southfield to the medical marijuana operation and believed it was being run within the boundaries of the law.

The Southfield office space was also searched by investigators and we're told marijuana was seized at that location.

The officer and his brother, who has reportedly referred to himself as a caregiver, were briefly taken into custody but later released pending the outcome of the investigation.

Currently, the officer is suspended from the Detroit Police Department with pay but police officials say a petition to suspend the officer without pay will soon be presented to the Board of Police Commissioners.

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/...p#ixzz1jRnobD1W

Looked like as professional a set up as one could hope for . A real example of how to operate . No signs no advertising except via the web which must of been what triggered the investigation .

Will be interesting to see what charges are developed . Obviously they had over $10k in stuff seized so I imagine they will be in the press and in court . I think you have only so many days to protest your forfeiture or you loose everything . It is a very unfair , costly process . Just to be involved without charges is a penalty of thousands and thousands of dollars . The most horrific case of forfeiture I heard of occurred in California where a investigation supported a theory individuals working for Government Agency seeking promotions wanted a mans land and tried to take it by forfeiture and faking evidence for a warrant . In the no knock raid that followed he was shot and killed . For those interested in the case the victim was Donald P Scott incident October 1992 Los Angeles County . Most people are aware of this site in our ranks but not in the general population . Spread the word the power of truth with politeness and respect is powerful . Calm delivery equals calm reflection and a possible change in attitudes from proper education concerning medical cannabis use .

http://stopthedrugwa...aid_compilation

http://stopthedrugwa..._us_drug_policy

Reminds me of a story told to me from an OPP officer (ontario provincial police). They wanted to hire someone to grow marijuana for testing and research. They advertised for months and got no response. They had to organize a STING operation where they rounded up a bunch of users and find out who grew the best. It backfired when they ended up busting a lieutenant growing in his basement. He lost his job as a cop. But got hired as a lab geek!

Looked like as professional a set up as one could hope for . A real example of how to operate . No signs no advertising except via the web which must of been what triggered the investigation .

Will be interesting to see what charges are developed . Obviously they had over $10k in stuff seized so I imagine they will be in the press and in court . I think you have only so many days to protest your forfeiture or you loose everything . It is a very unfair , costly process . Just to be involved without charges is a penalty of thousands and thousands of dollars . The most horrific case of forfeiture I heard of occurred in California where a investigation supported a theory individuals working for Government Agency seeking promotions wanted a mans land and tried to take it by forfeiture and faking evidence for a warrant . In the no knock raid that followed he was shot and killed . For those interested in the case the victim was Donald P Scott incident October 1992 Los Angeles County . Most people are aware of this site in our ranks but not in the general population . Spread the word the power of truth with politeness and respect is powerful . Calm delivery equals calm reflection and a possible change in attitudes from proper education concerning medical cannabis use .

http://stopthedrugwa...aid_compilation

http://stopthedrugwa..._us_drug_policy

If a person is advertising on the web to spread the word on anything at all, that person might as well be standing in Times Square, New York with a flashing light bulb up their.... well you probably get the picture.

Let's get that cannabis cultivating officer an application to join LEAP.

The end of cannabis prohibition is drawing near. People are tired of being lied to by the status quo. Tired of having family members incarcerated for using an ancient healing plant. Tired of losing their rights, their property and their bank accounts to exhorbitant fines, court costs and attorney fees. Sick and tired of having their careers ruined for choosing a safe and healthy alternative to poisonous pharmaceuticals.

Cannabis prohibition will end just as alcohol prohibition did. Entire green industries based on cannabis & hemp will rise from the ashes. It will be a wonderful thing.

Peace. :rock:

Archived