Found Not Guilty By Jury Of Our Peers

Shy

• 2 weeks later...

GREAT NEWS AND THANK YOU FOR STANDING UP FOR YOUR RIGHTS AS WELL AS THE REST OF THE COMMUNITY,GREAT NEWS INDEED.

Congrats, thanks to all that take the high road against a political/legislative act that is not justified. Let's continue building on the momentum brought forth by the jury's decision. Get involved-> volunteer, sign petitions, attend rallies and most of all be there for those who continually cry out to be supported in their struggles. We are brothers and sisters fighting with knowledge. I truly believe that your path is a testimonial that we are not just a bunch of dysfunctional potheads.

HUZZAH! This is fantastic news. Hopefully the courts and legislator is starting to see that the people don't consider the MMMA flawed or composed entirely of criminals.

It's a shame we are celebrating this though considering you were innocent to begin with but I certainly salute you all for fighting the good fight. Justice has prevailed!

Whew! Glad you folks made it out with your skins.

Just a couple of questions:

Did anyone in the press pick this up and print or broadcast it? no

When can we see copies of the pertinent court documents? and i don't think we will

Again: Congratulations.yes i agree

can't wait till it's are turn

Its been a journey for sure but we are so thankful for the show of support our community has shown us. We will continue to do our best to not only continue to support the act and rights of patients and caregivers but to those also in the line of fire. Its been a couple weeks now and its really actually hard to believe that its finally over. Our case was never covered in the media except for the initial stop on channel 12 news. We were not even charged until 55 weeks after they illegally searched and seized our garden. Our case was turned over to the Feds and they didnt charge us so the county prosecuter charged us after we demanded our equipment back in a civil suit. As I have stated before I am glad Mike & I were strong enough to fight and know what our rights were. The toll it took on our family was horrible as we were having to deal with the possibility of securing homes for our children and missing our oldest sons wedding in dec. I guess the hardest part as a parent was having your 13yr old daughter ask a day before court if we thought we would be able to be home on her birthday the following week... I am just relieved and feeling very blessed that yes we won! Thanks again to the community and Michael Komorn who fought and was able to present the case to the jury that secured our freedom! :thumbsu:

Many will say otherwise, but trial by jury is the way to go. It's costly ( for them ), time consuming, and the majority of people called for jury duty are us. It's easier to put doubt into the mind of just one juror than it is to convince a judge who already wants to convict you of your innocence. "Jury Nullification", it just rolls off your tongue ;)!

Archived