Tincure

so im on my 4th batch of tincure and i tried my mix that i let sit for aprox 30 days then filtered and cooked at 185degress ... i tried it yesterday with a fellow patient and the tast was horrible ... i mean to the point were i was wondering if i did something wrong...

So my ? is dose tincure alway taste like death? i used 100% grain liquor. and 2oz of top notch buds...

i'am i missing something or is it normal to tast nasty.. and what is a good dose to start with i did 2 tsp and seem to get a good body buzz but nothing crazy... what is some input from my mmma partners!!!!

Thanks DR.GT :sick:

The more water in your alcohol to start with, and the longer it sits, the more chlorophyll you will extract. You could try making simpson oil, then add that to grain alcohol for tincture that tastes pretty good.

Add a little cinnamon and sugar for a nice "breath spray". One gram rso in 2 ounces everclear equals about 5 mgs per spray in the blue spray bottles available at whole foods.

R

Wash your plant material in water first. Let it sit in a jar full of water, replacing the water as needed until it comes out clear.

This will remove a great deal of the water soluble elements that you don't want.

After making your tincture try filtering it through activated charcoal. (I use a Brita pitcher.)

It removes the more obnoxious elements and leaves most of the active ingredients.

I've never noticed any difference in medicinal quality after charcoal filtration, but the taste is 100% better.

The color changes from dark green to a light greenish brown. You lose weight but not potency.

The best tasting tincture in my opinion is a 50/50 mix of alcohol tincture and glycerin tincture.

It is sweet but not too sweet like straight glycerin.

I sometimes add a drop of peppermint extract for flavor.

Experiment with different strains. White Widow or Strawberry Cough tastes better than Kush IMO.

Wash your plant material in water first. Let it sit in a jar full of water, replacing the water as needed until it comes out clear.

This will remove a great deal of the water soluble elements that you don't want.

After making your tincture try filtering it through activated charcoal. (I use a Brita pitcher.)

It removes the more obnoxious elements and leaves most of the active ingredients.

I've never noticed any difference in medicinal quality after charcoal filtration, but the taste is 100% better.

The color changes from dark green to a light greenish brown. You lose weight but not potency.

The best tasting tincture in my opinion is a 50/50 mix of alcohol tincture and glycerin tincture.

It is sweet but not too sweet like straight glycerin.

I sometimes add a drop of peppermint extract for flavor.

Experiment with different strains. White Widow or Strawberry Cough tastes better than Kush IMO.

Awsome thanks for the input i will wash the medz first hopefully that helps cause man that tast is nasty..... thanks alot

Archived