Where Does A Caregiver Legally Acquire Clones/Seeds For Their Patients?

Space Farm

Spacefarm,

Looking to Mlive for Law is silly (or stupid) depending on how one looks at it. MLive does not make the Law, the Michigan Legislature (.org) does so go there if you want to read it -- properly interpreting it is another story.

If you do not like responses you get when your asking for FREE advice, then be a little more humble -- "beggers' can't be choosers" and given your seeking free advice, don't get upset when people respond in a way you do

not like, just get your advice elsewhere. No one owes you free advice (and you probably would be a fool for taking legal advice from anyone but a Lawyer) -- even Cops do NOT know they law, they know what they can arrest you for and that's about it -- if they knew the Law they would be Lawyers right?

Look to "FLEX YOUR RIGHTS" if you want some sound street level advice (not on MM, but on the basics of American Law in simple terms how to deal with LEO in cars or houses).

As for the "we agree" statement (above) about what you and someone thinks the law is is not only wrong, it is equally insane --- what you and others "agree on" has little to do with anything (and certainly LEO would laugh at such a statement --- I presume your asking as you want to be "legal"....but this "we agreed" this was correct simply matters not -- if you are insane enough to act on it, you might get cuffed/stuffed. Buts, it's your Life (but let me say what you "agreed on" is NOT a correct statement of the State of the MM Law today). Again, relying on such things is not only stupid its insane.

Both LongHairBri and MedicenMan tried to help you and both were right (with small errors, one was the Court issued the McQueen decision, and it was the Court of Appeals, not SupCrt., but you know what He was trying to say, I did). Bottom line is I would think you would want to know how to do things properly so you can comply and not risk arrest/charges. If that is correct, the right thing is that the MM Law is in Flux and the Michigan Supreme Court has just agreed to hear the McQueen case, but till then the COA Decision is still Law. So it about a year or so the MISupCrt Opinion will be issued and We all go from there -- till then you might want to (1) join a compassion club or (2) go talk NICELY to people in the clubs or community, privately and respectfully and find out how they are dealing with it -- being an a-hole will get you shown the door (here or anywhere) -- being respectful and humble is required in dealing with others and it shows that your mature enough and smart enough to deal with others in a correct manner. Being disrespectful will not get you what you want.

I hope you apologize to these people, and ask them to start over, as you have no idea how to stay legal and safe (and I think that is what most people want, I know I do).

Unfortunately, these days there is really no safe harbor as LEO has been doing what they want -- which is what the struggle is all about and why all Us activists are trying to get the Gov. to obey the People and the Law like they should have soon as the MM Act was Law -- getting safe harbor so We can all live in peace without worry is what We all want -- but being an a-hole simply does not wash (here or anywhere). I assume your Young and learning from your mistakes is job 1 of young people. Most of the old timers have been there and are generally and understanding bunch, I hope you heed this and start over, otherwise you have a rough future ahead of you.

Peace,

M10

I'm seriously confused here people. Where am I supposed to get the clones/seeds to start growing for my patients?

FIG (1)

"Specifically, the “medical use of marijuana, as defined by the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act, does not include patient-to-patient sales of marijuana, and no other provision of the MMMA can be read to permit such sales,” the court ruled. “Therefore, defendants have no authority to actively engage in and carry out the selling of marijuana between (apothecary) members."

http://www.mlive.com...rt_says_ma.html

FIG (2)

"Question: Where do I get the seeds or plants to start growing medical marihuana?

Answer: The MMMP is not a resource for the growing process and does not have information to give to patients."

http://www.michigan....2140---,00.html

FIG (3)

"The State may file drug possession and manufacturing charges against registered patients and caregivers who do not adhere to the 12 plant per patient limit."

http://www.consumera...ijuana-law.html

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived