Where Does A Caregiver Legally Acquire Clones/Seeds For Their Patients?

Space Farm

I'm seriously confused here people. Where am I supposed to get the clones/seeds to start growing for my patients?

FIG (1)

"Specifically, the “medical use of marijuana, as defined by the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act, does not include patient-to-patient sales of marijuana, and no other provision of the MMMA can be read to permit such sales,” the court ruled. “Therefore, defendants have no authority to actively engage in and carry out the selling of marijuana between (apothecary) members."

http://www.mlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2011/08/michigan_appeals_court_says_ma.html

FIG (2)

"Question: Where do I get the seeds or plants to start growing medical marihuana?

Answer: The MMMP is not a resource for the growing process and does not have information to give to patients."

http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-27417_28150_51869_52140---,00.html

FIG (3)

"The State may file drug possession and manufacturing charges against registered patients and caregivers who do not adhere to the 12 plant per patient limit."

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2011/10/michigan-court-narrows-states-medical-marijuana-law.html

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Section 8 of the current law. Maybe you should take a minute and read it. Medcnman.

Rather than making a smart butt comment maybe you should uphold the integrity of this site as a staff member and help those of us that are seeking information. Ya think?

How about posting a link rather then shooting your mouth off?

This is all I have found.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/%28S%284u3f1rjypiu23r554xm5jlef%29%29/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-Initiated-Law-1-of-2008

Rather than making a smart butt comment maybe you should uphold the integrity of this site as a staff member and help those of us that are seeking information. Ya think?

How about posting a link rather then shooting your mouth off?

This is all I have found.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/%28S%284u3f1rjypiu23r554xm5jlef%29%29/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-Initiated-Law-1-of-2008

Saying maybe you should read the law is not making a smart remark or shooting off my mouth. The information you are seeking is in the law. I merely suggested you take a minute to read it. Medcnman.

How is that not in violation according to FIG (1) on my initial post?

Hi space farm

I believe your referencing the Patient to Patient transfers which are an issue as of now

Caregivers may have 5 patients and 12 plants per patient

I recommend reading the law and speaking to a good atty. With questions.

Your playing with fire :)

It takes me forever to figure this stuff out they write up. I read this and am not sure how to interpret it or about how there is no plant count. Can you please explain?

8(2) The patient and the patient's primary caregiver, if any, were collectively in possession of a quantity of marihuana that was not more than was reasonably necessary to ensure the uninterrupted availability of marihuana for the purpose of treating or alleviating the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms of the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition; and

seeds this is a good place to startthumbsu.gif

I'm seriously confused here people. Where am I supposed to get the clones/seeds to start growing for my patients?

FIG (1)

"Specifically, the “medical use of marijuana, as defined by the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act, does not include patient-to-patient sales of marijuana, and no other provision of the MMMA can be read to permit such sales,” the court ruled. “Therefore, defendants have no authority to actively engage in and carry out the selling of marijuana between (apothecary) members."

http://www.mlive.com...rt_says_ma.html

FIG (2)

"Question: Where do I get the seeds or plants to start growing medical marihuana?

Answer: The MMMP is not a resource for the growing process and does not have information to give to patients."

http://www.michigan....2140---,00.html

FIG (3)

"The State may file drug possession and manufacturing charges against registered patients and caregivers who do not adhere to the 12 plant per patient limit."

http://www.consumera...ijuana-law.html

8(2) The patient and the patient's primary caregiver, if any, were collectively in possession of a quantity of marihuana that was not more than was reasonably necessary to ensure the uninterrupted availability of marihuana for the purpose of treating or alleviating the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms of the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition; and

OK so this means if say I am a cancer patient and require a very large amount of MM to make the oil then I should be within my legal rights, I am not growing it or my caregiver is not growing a large amount to sell but only to ease my suffering. Also that would mean that for ongoing treatment it would require a heck of a lot of plants and meds. Is that correct? Thinking out loud :)

Why the heck are so many people being put in jail if this is in there. I don't understand what is going on in our state, it saddens me and then makes me terribly angry. Do you know of anyone who has used this defense and had charges dropped?

FIG (1)

http://www.mlive.com...rt_says_ma.html

FIG (2)

http://www.michigan....2140---,00.html

FIG (3)

http://www.consumera...ijuana-law.html

Hi I just want to make sure you have a caregivers card to grow for a patient or maybe you are a patient and are growing for yourself? The way things are going in our state right now I would hate to see anyone fly blind out there and risk jail time and the other consequences.

Personally I would go to the Farmers market to get them because they adhere to the law and it is safe for all of us. There is a thread here about the Farmers market.

BTW thank you

OK so this means if say I am a cancer patient and require a very large amount of MM to make the oil then I should be within my legal rights, I am not growing it or my caregiver is not growing a large amount to sell but only to ease my suffering. Also that would mean that for ongoing treatment it would require a heck of a lot of plants and meds. Is that correct? Thinking out loud :)

Why the heck are so many people being put in jail if this is in there. I don't understand what is going on in our state, it saddens me and then makes me terribly angry. Do you know of anyone who has used this defense and had charges dropped?

Yes. Thats what this SHOULD mean. But as we are seeing, its just another part of our defense that the system is sweeping under the rug. I dont think anyone, anywhere in this state has been allowed to use this defense. Let alone even say "Medical Marijuana". Its tyranny at its finest. One case in Berry county was allowed to use the defense because Judge Mcdowell went by the letter of the law. It was a patient to patient transfer but there was no exchange of money. It was thrown out. It was the only case I know of. Medcnman.

Hi space farm

I believe your referencing the Patient to Patient transfers which are an issue as of now

Caregivers may have 5 patients and 12 plants per patient

I recommend reading the law and speaking to a good atty. With questions.

Your playing with fire :)

Actually Michigan Supreme Court ruled that patients are only allowed to receive meds from THEIR documented caregiver.

Being that just about every dispensary is run by Caregivers, this would make Dispensaries illegal UNLESS the dispensary is ONLY providing meds to THEIR patients registered with the state.

http://www.michigancriminallawyers-blog.com/2011/08/michigan-court-of-appeals-rules-medical-marijuana-dispensaries-illegal-in-state-of-michigan-v-compas.html

And yes I will be seeking an Attorney to "read this to me because I'm retarded" but before then I thought it would be appropriate to get FREE information from the Michigan Medical Marijuana Association No?

I'm sorry but the State sent me paperwork stating that I was only allowed to possess 12 plants per patient.

I'm sure you have the same paperwork. It did not say "you can have as many plants as you need to treat your patients".

In your quote of Section 333.26428 (a)2 it basically "hints" that if you are making concentrates or topicals and use a lot of salve on a daily basis (which my thyroid cancer patients do) you are allowed to possess MORE then the 12 plants for each patient in order to provide an uninterrupted supply, which is NOT what is written on the paperwork they sent me.

ALSO,

How is this relative to where a Caregiver is supposed to acquire clones?

Yes. Thats what this SHOULD mean. But as we are seeing, its just another part of our defense that the system is sweeping under the rug. I dont think anyone, anywhere in this state has been allowed to use this defense. Let alone even say "Medical Marijuana". Its tyranny at its finest. One case in Berry county was allowed to use the defense because Judge Mcdowell went by the letter of the law. It was a patient to patient transfer but there was no exchange of money. It was thrown out. It was the only case I know of. Medcnman.

I have heard of an overseas case where a large farm was raided, and charges were dropped because the man somehow proved that being and organic farmer and growing from seed ect, he needed that many plants for his patients conditions ect...

I dont recall a Michigan Supreme Court ruling that said caregivers can ONLY provide meds to their patients. I have seen "opinions" about it, but never a law. But its good to see your doing some research. You wont find all your answers here in this forum so one must research his/her own references. The article you posted was the Michigan Appeals court ruling on dispensaries from August of last year. It had nothing to do with the Supreme Court. Medcnman.

Archived