Have A Happy Easter

mrd

Yippee! The yearly festival of the ancient Pagans honoring Esther, a goddess of fertility. They were allowed to bring it into the early Roman church where it eventually became a religious holiday. The Easter egg [ovum] still symbolizes this early Pagan practice...and what is more fertile or breeds faster than a rabbit.

Fertility Rituals + Ancient Pagans = Orgies.

Candlemas in December [became Christmas] is another example of a Pagan festival allowed into the Roman church. The only official holidays of the early Roman church were the feasts of the saints.

To me, every day is a holiday. Not one more important than another.

Now let's get on with the fertility festival. :rock:

Yippee! The yearly festival of the ancient Pagans honoring Esther, a goddess of fertility. They were allowed to bring it into the early Roman church where it eventually became a religious holiday. The Easter egg [ovum] still symbolizes this early Pagan practice...and what is more fertile or breeds faster than a rabbit.

Fertility Rituals + Ancient Pagans = Orgies.

Candlemas in December [became Christmas] is another example of a Pagan festival allowed into the Roman church. The only official holidays of the early Roman church were the feasts of the saints.

To me, every day is a holiday. Not one more important than another.

Now let's get on with the fertility festival. :rock:

Did you even bother to watch the movie?

Hardly religion based but

thanks for the obscure history/info

dry.gif

No, sorry. I don't watch the religious videos anymore. I used to watch them until I discovered they really had little or nothing to do with finding or knowing God but are mostly just another guy in a brown suit trying to sell you his brand of something.

A better chance of finding God in your own heart than in a video. :bow:

No, sorry. I don't watch the religious videos anymore. I used to watch them until I discovered they really had little or nothing to do with finding or knowing God but are mostly just another guy in a brown suit trying to sell you his brand of something.

I think if you watched the movie you would probably laugh your donkey off. By the way I am and never have been a christian (although they have every right to believe as they see fit as do all religious or non religious folks.)

Thank you Kevin,

This agnostic found the video hilarious, but your comments even funnier. Pretty obvious you did not watch.

I probably would not have watched either expecting a religious video, but interstellar travel and confections, I just had to risk it.

R