Cheap C02 Ways?

Hey everyone, ive never ran c02 before. I got a decent size room its about 10x12, and one have any idea's for cheap ways to inrich my c02 in my space? And i want to actually inrich it up above 1500, theirs about 600-700 already in our air.. this is what ive read.

If it works well im going to invest in a burner or tanks....

Any advice helps. Cheers!

Hey everyone, ive never ran c02 before. I got a decent size room its about 10x12, and one have any idea's for cheap ways to inrich my c02 in my space? And i want to actually inrich it up above 1500, theirs about 600-700 already in our air.. this is what ive read.

If it works well im going to invest in a burner or tanks....

Any advice helps. Cheers!

i think it works great and also the 600-700 i think most people already have that much maybe lower if you live way out in the sticks i think the burner is to much of a over kill for that size room IMHO tank is much better

Edited by bobandtorey

Actually, regardless of where you live the CO2 levels are pretty much the same, it is rising at about 2 ppm per year presently due to industrialization, has been for the past 5 decades (50 years). It is presently approximately 394 ppm.

There are DIY methods that are much safer ways to raise CO2 levels in smaller grows. They include using CO2 bucket kits (available thru a hydroponic store), manufacturing CO2 using water, sugar and bakers yeast in a liter pop bottle and using (judiciously) dry ice in a bucket. I would recommend using a tank over the use of burners for obvious reasons (i.e. fire!), but tanks also usually require special equipment like meters and shut off's for your fans while the CO2 is being applied. There is plenty of info available on the net concerning the ins and outs of each delivery method... j.b.

Thanks for the tips. Yeah tank will probably be the way to go in the future. For now, i went to my local hydro shop and they had c02 tablets, called excellofizz or something. Has anyone tried these? You just drop them in water and they start fizzing away c02 apparently. I bought a 15 pak, it works out to a little under 4$ a puck. You use a puck a day it says. I post a pic in a bit to show u what they look like.

go to a wine making store and get into making your own drink. It's as simple as some corn sugar, wine yeast *dont use bread yeast* wine yeast is roughly 50cents per 5gal packet, a big bottle and a wine air lock which costs about 2 bucks. If you don't want to make good wine, you can just use an empty gallon milk jug, or jugs depending on room size, for your size I'd say six to ten gallons would work wonders, bread yeast and corn syrup or corn sugar and water, only fill the jugs 2\3rds full as the yeast will cause some bubbling, switch them out when they quit working, no more bubbles, and keep the room temp 69' at the lowest or your yeast will slow up and may stop working if it gets much colder.