Lansing Today?

I was so hoping to see some videos of people chanting "Free The Weed", dressed up as Pot Leafs, GreenMan, etc....that in my opinion makes the entire medical community look like a bunch of buffoons AND gives "the powers that be" all the ammunition they need to go on the attack against us. Then, we're spending time defending what a patient looks like.

Education is the key.

Mizerman

I was so hoping to see some videos of people chanting "Free The Weed", dressed up as Pot Leafs, GreenMan, etc....that in my opinion makes the entire medical community look like a bunch of buffoons AND gives "the powers that be" all the ammunition they need to go on the attack against us. Then, we're spending time defending what a patient looks like.

Education is the key.

Mizerman

interesting not a single mention in here that I can find...that's why I posted. Knowledge is power

you think the legalize effort looks like that?? ....yeah it kinda does from what I've seen

. And your right but not buffoons...maybe stoners.....but they have a thread in here for that.

I think it was a lot of "provision center" advocates...??...since the petition says.." commercial,industrial,agricultural production " in it. Total legalization....

Correct, but education is only key for those individuals who wish to be educated so they can become more intelligent. 'Wish to be educated' being the important words. Education will always cure ignorance, which is only a lack of knowledge, but there's no cure for stupidity, which is a refusal of knowledge.

It can be said that the majority of our elected officials do not belong to that 'intelligent' category. One could even say with much certainty that the majority of Americans do not belong to that 'intelligent' category. It's true, you won't meet too many Mensa members at WalMart.

Peace. :bong2:

MACC supports the concept of protecting patients and caregivers in lieu of not realizing the rights that many thought the MMA would afford.

As far as "Provisioning Center" operators and supporters, I was the only member of MACC there. There were other centers represented, but I am not sure who they are.

It was relatively small, about 100 people at most times. It was cool to see Ed Rosenthal, and the really committed activists from around state.

Rep Jeff Irwin also addressed the crowd. Matt Abel, Charmie Gholson and Brandi all did a great job of facilitating things. MOCC came out with a nice group and helped to provide food and water for the attendees.

Steve Greene recorded most of it. I'm sure the speakers and possibly some interviews are or will be available soon on video.

Over-all it was a good day, but there definitely could have been more people there. I was hoping, for the sake of this effort, that there would be. We have several opportunities in this election year to improve the over-all climate for patients and caregivers. We will not get to take advantage of this crucial election year if we remain apathetic.

I hope that the resuming, consistent and new compassion clubs, get some good draw in upcoming meetings.

I, also, hope that the VGIP meeting coming up at the Blue Water Compassion Center tonight will be well attended. There is important information shared and the ability to get involved at these meetings.

There is so much going on and so many opportunities to affect change, that anyone can contribute in some way, and work on behalf of a candidate or issue that one really has a passion for.

The next VGIP is next week in Detroit.

LANSING (WWJ) – At the state Capitol in Lansing Tuesday, pro-pot petitioners are rallying in an effort to legalize marijuana in Michigan by putting the question on the November Ballot.

Members of a grass-roots committee say prohibition isn’t working, and they want to amend state law and legalize marijuana use for adults age 21 and older. The amendment would not apply to or change workplace or driving issues regarding marijuana.

So far, the petition drive is falling short. They need 323,000 signatures by the July 9 deadline and have only 25,000 now.

Does this mean a majority of Michiganders is against it?

WWJ Newsradio 950 spoke with campaign organizer, attorney Matthew Abel.

“Our polling has shown that it’s very close to 50-50 and the poll numbers have been moving our way steadily for 40 years,” Abel said. “We’re confident that if we can get it on the ballot that it will pass.”

Able attributes their current signature shortfall to the lack of a powerful political lobby.

“The reason why we are so slow at doing this is that we are self-funded. We do not have a deep pocket that is helping us,” he said. “The next 60 days are critical to us.”

After voters approved Proposal 1 in 2008, Michigan became the 13th U.S. state to legalize medical marijuana in April 2009. More than three years later,

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/05/15/supporters-rally-to-legalize-marijuana/

Nothing wrong with everybody getting along and supporting one another.

I'll never mention any names but I've talked with one of the "powers that be" on this website and that person supposedly feels exactly like I do about rallying on the steps of the capitol. We both feel it is pointless. All it does is give ammunition to the other side to help them prove their point. Far more is accomplished with direct dialogue between you and your elected state representatives.

Anyone remember the 5000+ people who showed up in support of the teachers in our state? That huge crowd didn't sway those in control of the state legislature one bit.

If you want to be effective, engage in dialogue with your representative. Pick up the phone, call their office, and make an appointment to go see them in person - or - see if they will accomodate you with a 10-15 minute over-the-phone appointment.

Then, be nice.

Mizerman

p.s. And, if that doesn't work vote them out of office in November

Edited by mizerman

help me get 10000 signatures at the Flower day at the Eastern Market. Please help get this done this year.

If for no other reason, a good time in Detroit. Music on every corner and people everywhere. I would love to get 100 people to get 100 signature in one day and we will turn them in at a location near there.

http://www.detroiteasternmarket.com/page.php?p=2&s=30

Detroit Eastern Market - Flower Day

www.detroiteasternmarket.com

Flower Day 2012: Sunday, May 20 Attended by more than 200,000 people annually, Flower Day at the Ea...

help me get 10000 signatures at the Flower day at the Eastern Market. Please help get this done this year.

If for no other reason, a good time in Detroit. Music on every corner and people everywhere. I would love to get 100 people to get 100 signature in one day and we will turn them in at a location near there.

http://www.detroiteasternmarket.com/page.php?p=2&s=30

Detroit Eastern Market - Flower Day

www.detroiteasternmarket.com

Flower Day 2012: Sunday, May 20 Attended by more than 200,000 people annually, Flower Day at the Ea...

So, how many signatures did all of you get yesterday at Eastern Market?