I'm running two 1000 watt big kahuna hoods in a roughly 7x10 foot room during the winter i use outside air to perfection but now i need a plan B for the warmer months i am now pulling air from the next room running it through the hoods into another room where my veg cabinet is i do have a portable air in the 7x10 flower chamber but need to find a way to trim the fat in my grow costs can someone please assist me using these measurements to calculate how big of a fan id need to do a full room air exchange and where should i pull fresh air from ?

I'm running two 1000 watt big kahuna hoods in a roughly 7x10 foot room during the winter i use outside air to perfection but now i need a plan B for the warmer months i am now pulling air from the next room running it through the hoods into another room where my veg cabinet is i do have a portable air in the 7x10 flower chamber but need to find a way to trim the fat in my grow costs can someone please assist me using these measurements to calculate how big of a fan id need to do a full room air exchange and where should i pull fresh air from ?

Good info here: Ventilation 101

https://www.icmag.co...ad.php?t=112862

Also, use a QUALITY fan:

Edited by NotKidRock

king with duel 1000's you better have atleast a 6'' intake fan and a 8'' into thoes hoods. I have the same hoods now, and it works great on a 12 by 12 with same setup. And run your lights at night so that u suck cool nite time air when the lights are on. always suck the air in from lowest source and blow it out high.. rule of thumb. :bighug:

Once it gets hot again... Like last week... Doesn't matter the size of the fan or the exchange rate... The air u will be bringing in will be hot (70+) and will not cool the room very well.

Each light puts out about 3600btu of heat. Even with a portable ac... Which never cools at the printed rate... The warm air outside means the ac won't even run at its best.

It's just not cheap nor easy to control the environment. That's the bottom line... Even tho peeps don't want to hear it.

I had a similar problem. I decided to pull fresh air from a basement with a 8" in-line fan. That flushes the room with 60F air. Then I have a 6" in-line fan daisy chain through my hoods and vented outside. This creates a positive pressure in the bloom room then overflows into the veg room. I had to keep changing air flow around wait a week then change it again to find what works best. I believe with speed controllers on the fans I could dial it in better.