Weird Leaf Problem

Sunnydayz

I have two gals in bloom for four days & using well water 6.5 Ph, Pro-mix, led light, flushed well after neem oil for thrips.Haven't fed as I was worried about nute burn, I'm totally stressed out and clueless,these are lower leaves & the upper part of the plant seems alright but I'm losing a lot of leaves.

.IMG_0079a.jpgIMG_0074a.jpg

I noticed your using LEDs I just started with them, how they working for you? so far for me they are great would just like to know a little more.

The LED's worked great in veg, I wouldn't use them for flower though unless you are prepared for less quantity and less quality. You won't be saving much on your electric bill either if you are using enough of them to get the job done. I know of two people who went crazy on the LED's only to put them on eBay and bought 1,000 watt systems - they are much happier as a result. Hope I haven't dampened your fire, just saying what I have observed.

For sure phosphorus. You definitely need to feed in promix.

I concur that this is textbook phosphorus deficiency, although I do think that nutes can be pushed above 1000ppms if done slowly so that the plants can acclimate to the increased nutrient levels. I think ppm recommendations also vary depending upon how often you're feeding compared to how often you're flushing. I'd rather be on the look out for nute burn than deficiency, but it's all personal preference.

That should work very well. Keep the PPM under 1000, or maybe even lower, then just use pure water the last week or two, and I think you will like the result.

the T*

I don't know how to adjust PPM but I always used 1 tsp per gallon on other grows and had wonderful results.

The LEDS seem better than T8 flourescent I used before-girls are bushier. I haven't finished a crop yet but I like being able to switch the lights from bluer spectrum to more red for blooming and no heat-no high electric bill(and I mean $250.00 a month more for my MH!)

In general, from what I have seen, most that are pushing nutrients over 1000 ppm (in soil/soilless) do not engage in enough proactive leaching during the cycle to prevent a significant negative impact to the final result, thinking that a "good flush" at the end will solve the issue. Again, in general, from what I have seen, a final flush is not enough to correct overfertilization during flowering.

I should note that I am no plant expert, not by any means. There could be a major piece of data that I am missing that explains what I have seen, and I am simply telling people to correct it by dropping the nutrient concentration. In some cases, it could be an environmental issue that leads to this "overfertilization" problem.

So what is the trick to knowing PPM and how many times do you flush. I flush with plain water but I use more than the recommended-I run till it's positively clear run off & usually twice during flowering but would do more if it's better.

In general, from what I have seen, most that are pushing nutrients over 1000 ppm (in soil/soilless) do not engage in enough proactive leaching during the cycle to prevent a significant negative impact to the final result, thinking that a "good flush" at the end will solve the issue. Again, in general, from what I have seen, a final flush is not enough to correct overfertilization during flowering.

I should note that I am no plant expert, not by any means. There could be a major piece of data that I am missing that explains what I have seen, and I am simply telling people to correct it by dropping the nutrient concentration. In some cases, it could be an environmental issue that leads to this "overfertilization" problem.

lol Been there... If your over 1000. I like the 1500. You have to flush to get the salts plus everything else out of the system. Reset. all is good. regular flushing and final flush are completely different.

Another thing with Promix (i use the xp) is that out of the bag its ph is 3.8 or so even with the dolomite thats in it. If you are feeding/watering at 6.5 then ur just making your dirt more acidic everytime. I add 1TBS dolomite lime to every gallon of dry promix. Once i get the right ph i then water/feed with neutral 7.0 to retain that ph. To find the ph of your dirt take neutral 7.0 water and flood your dirt till it runs out the bottom. Measure the ph and as a general rule figure another 2 1/10ths lower than ur meter shows. Flush with alkaline or acidic water as needed or use dolomite to adjust ur soil ph to where you want it then feed NEUTRAL to preserve that soil ph. Remember everytime you water with alkaline or acidic (above or below 7.0) your dirt will become more and more alkaline/acidic. Ive been using promix for about 5 years now and since i figured this all out everything looks great. Hope this helps.

the T*

I don't know how to adjust PPM but I always used 1 tsp per gallon on other grows and had wonderful results.

The LEDS seem better than T8 flourescent I used before-girls are bushier. I haven't finished a crop yet but I like being able to switch the lights from bluer spectrum to more red for blooming and no heat-no high electric bill(and I mean $250.00 a month more for my MH!)

Wow Sunny that is astounding! Guess I need to go back and read the thread but let me get this straight in my head. You only switched your MH to LED and saw that much difference in your bill. What is your set up like, what LED amount of lights etc. I use MH in my veg but HPS in the bud room. Dang I don't want to mess up the thread but tell me GF I gotta know what your set up is. :)

Edited by restlesslegs