A Call To Action!

On Tuesday, July 10th, Tecumseh is having a public hearing about the ordinance they are adopting. The ordinance reads "Uses not expressly permitted by this Ordinance are prohibited. Uses for enterprises or purposes that are contrary to federal, state, or local laws or ordinances are prohibited.". I'm not a lawyer, but it's sounds like using the word federal in the ordinance is used on purpose for them to have a way to shut down any grow they want and at any time say that it violates federal law...are there any lawyers who could shed some light on this...and if you are in the area, please come and show your support for medical marijuana! Thanks!

I also remember reading a post on this forum about fighting back using "right to farm act" and them not being able to zone farms or deem them a nuscence without following certain steps to do so...any info would be helpful

Edited by bswizzle85

Sounds exactly what they are trying to do.

Any local municipality can and most probably will try to End-run State law by claiming Federal jurisdiction.

They do not have the balls to tell their residents the truth.

Looks like Tecumseh doesn't like people that follow Michigan law.

Always claiming to a higher authority if they don't like local ones.

Pussies.

If they claim it is for other reasons, ask them what those reasons are.

Governments Suck... PUDS

Edited by ilynnboy

If you go. You need to find out what the approved uses are.

You quoted them as saying "all uses not expressly stated in this ordinance are prohibited.

That better be an AWFULLY LONG LIST.

Sounds like Tecumseh has plenty of money in its coffers for the inevitable ensuing lawsuits.

Glad I don't pay their salaries. Too bad you seem to be paying some people to screw you over.

Really, why?

What is the need for this ordinance? MMJ patients...

God I wish we could make Alcohol illegal again..

Phukin poison.

I would pay to see all the drunks crying... too bad drunks are violent..

Edited by ilynnboy

I also remember reading a post on this forum about fighting back using "right to farm act" and them not being able to zone farms or deem them a nuscence without following certain steps to do so...any info would be helpful

Yeah but the right to farm act also states that you have to offer your crop for sale (not necessarily make a sale) in order to be covered. Chickens and eggs are one thing, MMJ is another. Not sure you want to go that route.

Mike