darn Dr.

Man just found out why the certifacation clinic wouldnt see me and should have asked sooner darn it. I filled out all paperwork to start process and records release forms then waited for them to call for appiontment. Figured no problem I've talked to my Dr she had no problems with it but wouldn't sign for it. We talked about how it help with my pain but didn't take away my pain totally but how it helped with the stress and anxiety of the pain and how it decreased my narcotic intake almost 70% but I didn't feel that marijuana alone wasn't the answer even though I wish it was. Well in her report she just wrote that marijuana didn't help with my pain and that's why the clinic didn't see me. Man I did say that it didn't help 100% but It did help reduce how many pills i took a day and we even dropped one of the narcotics I was taking and I was feeling real good emotionally was helping me cope with my condition and side affects from medication. Man why didn't it say all that in her notes that's what we talked about not it didn't help with my pain. We actually had lengthy discussion about it my wife was there and told her she see's a big positive change when I'm using cannabis I even educated my Dr on Marijuana and the different methods and how indica's and stativa's work differently she was taking notes as I was telling her all that and gave her websites to research those notes weren't in my records lol.. But anyways glad I called and found out why now have a appointment with clinic and sure its going to work out..

They used to have a code of ethics and perhaps still do, but that doesn't mean they adhere to it. Some do, some don't. I had a doctor who on a visit increased the dosage of my medication by 1800%. I asked him why. He said nothing, walked out of the room, and didn't come back. I waited 40 min then left, never to return to that quack.

Just saw where MI doctors want immunity from malpractice suits and are working on legislation to make it happen. Soon, they may not be liable for any of their medical mistakes and no recourse for patients who have been wrongfully treated.

A sad day for us if that legislation passes.

That's got to be against their Code of Ethics. Dr. Bob? Wanna weigh in on this?

Did someone say something???

Sorry couldn't resist.

I can't speak for all doctors. I have an idea of what my 'code' is, and it has served me well for over 30 years.

1. Common things happen commonly. The strange case before you is more likely an uncommon presentation of a common illness than a common presentation of an uncommon illness.
  2. If you don't look for it, you wont find it.
  3. If you let them, patients will TELL YOU WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM. Listen to what they have to say and ask the right questions based on what they are telling you.

Does that answer the question for you? Having NEVER had a malpractice case I must be doing something right, and I've been doing this at one level or another since 1981.

Dr. Bob

Am I a non-person now for not appreciating everything you say in all threads? Is that it?

No, your comment was about doctors not listening to their patients- so the joke was 'did someone say something'.

Relax and stop taking everything personally. Besides, not everyone appreciates advice. Take what you want and leave the rest.

Dr. Bob

No, your comment was about doctors not listening to their patients- so the joke was 'did someone say something'.

Relax and stop taking everything personally. Besides, not everyone appreciates advice. Take what you want and leave the rest.

Dr. Bob

Actually I didn't say anything about that so that's why I didn't know what the heck you were talking about.

Does anybody know of a dr in lower northern michigan? Around ludington to cadalliac area? My last dr discharged me because I was sick of waiting 45 min- 1:15 min for him every time I went there. I have been looking for a new dr. But as soon as I mention cannabis u would think the world is falling down. I am in the same boat as the OP. Mm does not take my pain away 100 percent but neither did morphine...

Relax and stop taking everything! Take what you want and leave the rest for the next pt! :lolu:

Dr. Bob

I caught that Doc! lmao! I think mighty mighty mouse ate the cheese! bawahahahahaha!

I have a Dr. who has no problem with me using mm to treat my conditions, she renewed me 2 yrs ago but would not do it last yr, she moved into a hospital office space and became part of their system, I have had 3 dr.'s in 3 yrs, gonna be on my 4th dr, when my renewell comes up!

Hopefully one day our primary care dr.'s will start giving us our recs, so we dont have to go to another dr. Just for that!

Peace

Jim

Edited by phaquetoo

This is irony for you. The doctor made a quip aimed at me for something someone else said about doctors not listening! Then you got the hyperactive hillbilly crowing about someone aiming something at me, no matter that it wasn't even close to hitting the mark.

Edited by MightyMightyMezz

This is irony for you. The doctor made a quip aimed at me for something someone else said about doctors not listening! Then you got the hyperactive hillbilly crowing about someone aiming something at me, no matter that it wasn't even close.

I bet its a hill billy conspiracy theory also! Ya'll come back now ya hear! I's gotta get my corn cob out and do mah meds! Maybe gonna have me some ham hocks and black eyed p's when i gets me the munchies! unless I see's me some road kill on mah way to the still, bawahahahahaha!

you make me smile on a daily basis, Thanks!

Peace

Jim

I bet its a hill billy conspiracy theory also! Ya'll come back now ya hear! I's gotta get my corn cob out and do mah meds! Maybe gonna have me some ham hocks and black eyed p's when i gets me the munchies! unless I see's me some road kill on mah way to the still, bawahahahahaha!

you make me smile on a daily basis, Thanks!

Peace

Jim

Really? That's nice. What is it that makes you smile about me, phaq?

By the way for there to be a hillbilly conspiracy there would necessarily have to be more than one hillbilly in here and I don't think Doctor Bob counts toward the total!

This is irony for you. The doctor made a quip aimed at me for something someone else said about doctors not listening! Then you got the hyperactive hillbilly crowing about someone aiming something at me, no matter that it wasn't even close to hitting the mark.

The quip was not 'addressed' to you, you are the one that assumed it was. You really ought to pay attention to things in a conversation before chiming in.

Thanks,

Dr. Bob

The quip was not 'addressed' to you, you are the one that assumed it was. You really ought to pay attention to things in a conversation before chiming in.

Thanks,

Dr. Bob

You said yourself "your comment was about doctors not paying attention.." You ought to be be careful of what you say so people who do pay attention don't get the wrong idea about what you are trying to say.

Well perhaps that should have been 'the' comment. Thanks for bringing the error to my attention and taking the opportunity to go over the top based on what was actually humor, had the context been followed rather than jumping in with a comment.

Dr. Bob

Actually you were the one that asked for my input on the question- ethical issues and doctors listening to their patients. Now that you have beaten the attempt at humor on my part to death, did you even pay attention to the answer I gave?

Edited by Dr. Bob

Well perhaps that should have been 'the' comment. Thanks for bringing the error to my attention and taking the opportunity to go over the top based on what was actually humor, had the context been followed rather than jumping in with a comment.

Dr. Bob

Hey, you could have cleared it up right away by pointing out the other person's comment instead of ascribing it to me. I would have been like oh, an attempt at a corny joke - no problem, sorry for getting on your case.

sounds like this doctor is an idiot.

If a dr doesn't listen to a patient, it's time to find another doctor.

It was the post just PRIOR to yours, and part of the same general conversation, you just have to follow the conversation it to see why it was a pretty good joke.

Dr. Bob