Questions For Folks Against Folks Against Gun Control!

phaquetoo

I truly do feel sorry for people who would give up all of their weapons because big brother said so!

Do you realy think If the good american citizens give up their gun rights the problem will go away?

I am not some nut who believes I need to be in a Militia group for the protection from out government, but I have to tell you, Id rather have a say and No one is taking My Right to bare Arms! if it comes down to the mm card holders can not own a hunting rifle or have regerstered hand guns handed down from family, well I guess I wont be in the mm program any longer, Ive never liked authority and im not going to change now!

Im not going to be some idiot cop killer or anything like that, but I will keep me and mine as safe as I can, I have no problem not owning an ak or m-16 or any kind of automatic weapon! If I need an ak to deer hunt I prob shouldnt be hunting, on the other hand their are normal people who just like to collect guns (jsut like people collect, art, coins, stamps, etc) so be it, as long as they are not breaking the laws with there weapons the have every right to own them!

so right now if the po po comes to my house and finds my 2 12guage shot guns, my 30.06 semi, my .22 semi that holds 18 shots with one in the chamber, no clip, and our single shot 410/.22 interchangable barrels, and our 30 30 lever action, they gonna say a big drug raid we got an oz and several weapons? I dont think so!

If i hang a neon sign out of my strains and prices or if just word got around this small town im gonna be a drug house with weapons!

man Im more guarded now than before I was legal, kinda sux how the urphorea wears off after that first yr eh?

Well me I changed my ways when I became legal, I settled down and enjoyed my new found freedom, while other got $$ signs and went the other way, Im ready to get my old farmer bids on and chill and work in my locked enclosed guardan with less than what im allowed and enjoy, this is my time, soon my lady will be able to quit working and the kids will leave the nest and it will be our time!

Merry Christmas to All!

Peace

Jim

hey Jim...

Merry Xmas.

i used to own a Bushmaster AR 15... very much like the one used recently to gun down those children...

i would never have used it to shoot people...

shortly after i got out of the service i bought it... short barrel, collapsible stock. mine was "pre-ban" (Clinton era automatic weapons ban) it meant it had a bayonet attachment point and was drilled out for the full auto trigger assembly.. it made it more valuable.

why?

well because it was legal to own before the ban.

that's how gun bans work.

no new production of banned firearms

but all existing guns are ok.

so a ban on weapons DOES NOT WORK it has been done over and over and they twiddle away the rights of Americans slowly but do not remove the guns or protect American Children or citizens.

i had maybe 8-10 30 round magazines... and i could buy "repacked ammo locally for target practice" for around $.10 per round.

man we had fun.

we would go to the "range" in the woods...

set up all kinds of every imaginable target.. at all ranges... and proceed to unload hundreds...thousands of rounds... my goodness what a stress reliever.

firearms are not all about hunting... or collecting... sometimes full auto with large magazines are just fun... fun... fun...

taking away our guns because some idiot can't regulate his braincells pisses me off. i am against taking any gun away.

be it a shot gun.

a 30-06

a 30-30

a .22 (which is so very close to the same bullet size as the .223 that the ar-15 uses...

maximum effective range of the us issued colt m-16A1 is 650 yards. so... 6 and one half football fields.. it's accurate.... beyond that.. it still flies.. just not in as predictable of a line...

point?

you can take any gun away.. any style.. that won't stop crazy people from killing.

it won't even diminish the numbers of violent offenses as some people in our country have suggested.

violence is violence. modern humans have been killing each other for all of the 12 thousand years of discovered history... and somehow i suspect taking away guns will not change that genetic human history.

ask yourself all naysayers.. if guns were gone would there be less violent offenses against civilians?

was there no violent offenses before gun powder? no wars? no senseless killing?

no i think there were a fok load more..

walk softly... carry a big stick...

if you don't have a stick...

your going to get robbed of everything.

so in a gun created world.. the solution does not encompass removing guns from anyone. it is truthfully such a difficult situation and to be truthful... nothing will protect Americans from people who wish to do harm. But most especially taking away our guns won't help..

i honestly think it is a HUGE deterrent for foreign countries to be dissuaded against invading the US.

every American has a gun (or so they think) that's a powerful militia that can be called upon at any given time...

who knows...

i know this

i sold my bushmaster for a sig. i wanted more accuracy at greater distance... but.. i miss the 30 round semi automatic fun that was such a huge part of my "decompression" after a long day...

peace

god bless

and merry christmas

John that was an awsome post, Thank you very much, I too had alot of fun when I was younger, we used to bring our fire extigisher out in the woods with us when we messed with an ak I believe that one had a 75 bannana clip on it, all I know is we could start old deer blinds on fire with it. (the ones made of big old rotten stumps) before you could use guns in trees for hunting! even being younger we made sure no one was around, we did not want to hurt any one or burn down the woods over in roscomon county lol!

Thank you so much for your reply!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year every body!

Peace

Jim

I think the main problem with talking about gun control is that gun owners jump to the immediate conclusion that "gun control" means taking away their guns. That's not what we should talk about at all and I don't think it's healthy for the debate as it creates the arguing that we are seeing in the other thread.

The thing is though, we are talking about gun CONTROL, not gun CONFISCATION. They are two totally different things. Banning a certain type of gun is not the answer to the problem. Making sure that crazy violent people don't have access to guns is the problem. I'm all for gun control, but I won't give up my guns because I'm not for gun confiscation.

Why can't we talk about ways to solve the problem instead of making the problem into something that it isn't?

is this like drug control? the media and government are ignoring the problem,,, they want to ban 30 round clips and 32 oz sodas,, and keep pot illegal,,

now we have two thread on this subject,,

I made this one for people against people against gun control, lmao!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Peace

Jim

John that was an awsome post, Thank you very much, I too had alot of fun when I was younger, we used to bring our fire extigisher out in the woods with us when we messed with an ak I believe that one had a 75 bannana clip on it, all I know is we could start old deer blinds on fire with it. (the ones made of big old rotten stumps) before you could use guns in trees for hunting! even being younger we made sure no one was around, we did not want to hurt any one or burn down the woods over in roscomon county lol!

Thank you so much for your reply!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year every body!

Peace

Jim

thanks Jim..

i once shot a fire extinguisher... nice puff of powder... :)

i have shot at just about everything there is... won a few awards in the service for it..

got served breakfast in bed on basic training graduation day... for shooting 40/40 that was one for the books ill tell ya..

ahh the good ole days.. i had considered getting another ar-15.. i sold the sig last November.. it was very accurate but.. not near as much fun.. and nowadays i don't kill anything.. i am all done hunting..

so maybe one day ill look for another semiautomatic for fun again...

wouldn't mind playing around with a Tommy gun one time lol... 100 round drum mag.. a few targets.. would be a good time..

give me a clay pigeon and a skeet range and i am a happy individual... but a full on auto for a day again would be fun...

i was on the M2- 50 cal team in the service... i will never forget the awesome power of that weapon in my finger as i pressed the butterfly.... what a rush.. we used tracer rounds in Yakima firing range and set the place ablaze... that night they test fired patriot missiles and the Vulcan anti aircraft... what a rush.. to see that machine gun fire..