The Cliff. What Will It Mean?

peanutbutter

and if you make $50,000 a year you will pay a extra grand a year in tax's

That's because they quit using the Social Security surplus to stimulate the economy. They gave people a break on paying in their social security insurance payments, to give them more money to spend as stimulous. They had to quit ripping off social security at some point. This isn't the first time they dipped into social security to bail out the economy.

That's because they quit using the Social Security surplus to stimulate the economy. They gave people a break on paying in their social security insurance payments, to give them more money to spend as stimulous. They had to quit ripping off social security at some point. This isn't the first time they dipped into social security to bail out the economy.

Social security "surplus" is only extra money laying around if there is no intention of paying it back.

If it's stolen, it's "surplus."

Happened at the same time that our "contribution" to our own retirement became a "tax."

My savings account was stolen. All future money going into my savings account were stolen.

They gave the theft a happy name .. "surplus"

I'm soooo happy my savings account was ripped off.

Edited by peanutbutter

Social security "surplus" is only extra money laying around if there is no intention of paying it back.

This is insurance. The surplus (I was writing about) is when the 'payments in' can be reduced and 'payments out' can continue. That's where we have been since social security was used to help stimulate the economy. It had to end at some point.

Happened at the same time that our "contribution" to our own retirement became a "tax."

My savings account was stolen. All future money going into my savings account were stolen.

They gave the theft a happy name .. "surplus"

I'm soooo happy my savings account was ripped off.

It isn't retirement, it's insurance. That's why so many people get mad. They don't understand. It isn't a savings account you pay into, it's an insurance policy you pay into.

It isn't retirement, it's insurance. That's why so many people get mad. They don't understand. It isn't a savings account you pay into, it's an insurance policy you pay into.

That's the way the program was sold to us.

To help perpetuate the lie even more, they set up accounting so you could check into the value of your account.

They also promised that the account numbers would never be used to track and identify citizens.

They are probably closer to telling us the truth about social security funds than they ever have been before.

It's the fifty years of lies we were packed with leading us to this point that gets me.

For years, people yelled about being forced to "save." But that's OK .. it was really all just a tax anyway.

Edited by peanutbutter

That's the way the program was sold to us.

To help perpetuate the lie even more, they set up accounting so you could check into the value of your account.

They also promised that the account numbers would never be used to track and identify citizens.

GOP crap. If we would have followed them down that rabbit hole there would be none. They wanted to invest it in the stock market to hide the housing crisis they created. No, no, you can't touch that, thanks to those who stood up for us.

GOP crap. If we would have followed them down that rabbit hole there would be none. They wanted to invest it in the stock market to hide the housing crisis they created. No, no, you can't touch that, thanks to those who stood up for us.

Sorry .. those accounts were set up decades before the housing crisis. It was a part of the shell game they used to ripp off a large block of money from Americans.

An amendment was added to the bill that was supposed to prevent an abuse by information geeks in the government.

Our social security number will never be allowed to be used for identification purposes.

Sorry .. those accounts were set up decades before the housing crisis. It was a part of the shell game they used to ripp off a large block of money from Americans.

An amendment was added to the bill that was supposed to prevent an abuse by information geeks in the government.

Our social security number will never be allowed to be used for identification purposes.

We know that didn't happen.

We know that didn't happen.

They simply said whatever it would take for us to put a large pile of money. With the intention of taking the whole pile.

Like .. when they ripped off all the gold and silver. First they got everyone to make one large pile of all their gold and silver. Telling us it was safe to accept the IOUs .