Michigan Bill To Allow Medical Marijuana Sales Filed

People are getting kicked out of their housing for one or 2 plants.

So the cost of a new place to live has to be included in the cost evaluation for many of these people.

Yes. While we're at it we need to include the cost for transportation to the grow shop for people that live 50 miles from one. Then let's factor in opportunity cost as well. That patient could be spending time working instead of growing plants. Then there is the social cost--stigmatization. The cost to defend oneself against non-mj friendly family court judges that want to take your kids. The opportunity cost that a patient is left with when utilizing a room in their house to grow instead of renting it out for $200/month to a boarder. You've convinced me!

The only truely successful business model for a dispensary has to include the recreation market. And I'm not talking by proxy through a mule patient. Until we all get to this understanding, like you are GB, then they will try to keep pretending that patients are propping them up, not their recreational customers by proxy.

Agreed!

And we have to also keep in mind that it was the 'recreational users; and the 'non-MJ users' votes that got the Medical Marijuana Act passed in the first place.

Patients' and care givers' votes alone would not have done it.

There are serious efforts in Washington DC right now.

They include massive federal taxes on medicine.

I think we should object before they pass something rather than after.

I believe I'm right, but someone please correct me with better information if not.

One bill presented in Washington was made in an effort to let 'states' have full control of their own 'medical marijuana laws' for themselves.

The second law introduced in Washington was to 'reschedule' marijuana / cannabis so that 'federal laws' would not counteract any 'state' law put into effect, whether those state laws were for 'medical use' or 'general / recreational use'.

We here in Michigan need to get busy and be sure that any new laws passed include a clause that makes MEDICAL MARIJUANA an UNTAXABLE commodity.