Quick Question/need Input

williams2311

Well im in the process of finding a new home well i might have found one only problem is it does not have a basement and i plan on growing for my self only 12 plants i had planned on building a room anyways well now i have a extra bedroom and i have a garage now my problem is im not sure if i can get away with what i have i plan on building one big box 6x12 and separating the two rooms so i have two 6x6 rooms one for flowering one for vegging now my thing is if i put in spare bedroom it will be loud running all the fans but i plan on doing that while im at work if i put the room in the spare room so i would only have to hear it for a little bit but venting would be a problem also could i get a carbon filter to where i wont smell all threw the house i dont mind the room smelling just not the whole house. but i could put it in the garage where it might get cold in the winter time (i plan on insulating the room) i could run a small space heater in there if need be but venting would be easier in there however it has alot less security rather it be in the house.

So with that being said my question is where do you think i should put it at

Should i put it in the house? if so can i get some input on what carbon filter i should get so the whole house doesn't stink

If i put it in the garage what security measures should i take to prevent getting ripped off? also does anyone have a good box they have built and had success with?    

First off always add more room to your flower side as for where inside in a climate controlled environment is best plus it will save you the electric costs of a space heater running when the lights are off as for the smell your out of luck your house will smell no way around it unless you run a scrubber 24/7 which will be very expensive electrical wise .

If your room iis well sealed (no place for air to come in from outside) then you could create a negative charge in your room by venting out more air then you intake this way you shouldn't smell anything, but as Kd said you will have to run your exhaust and filter 24/7 or the neighbors will smell it and if your room isn't sealed tight you will pull mold and pest in from outside. I also would go indoors, most heaters are 1500w and suck up lots of power.

Edited by thecannabiskid

you can run the carbon filter and fan threw your lights and out; if it wont stay cool enough that way, you may need to air cool your lights separately . that's what i do.. you'll need an extra exhaust port that way though. if you pull air in from a non stinky spot outside of the room and then out, the exhaust from the lights shouldn't need a filter. I recommend vortex fans 8in should do it..i use phresh filters, never smell a thing.