Dr Greenthumbs Matanuska Thunderfuck Organic And Hydroponic Journal

Greetings ganja lovers! I have been fortunate enough to have been chosen to showcase some of these world class genetics for you. The first of which will be Mantanuska Thunderfuck, a shorter flowering sativa. I have been told she is a big plant that stretches for the sky in flower. Lucky for me I have some experience with such ladies and know just what to do! We are going to be doing a lot of supercropping and giving her a lot of room here. We are also going to go for an organic and a hydroponic journal at the same time!

Lets get this show on the road!

IMG_20130414_162518_zpsf1f70623.jpg

DM this was one of the tallest plants I have ever flowered out im assuming your going to top her because she had to be tied down in my garden to fit my 6 foot hoods but she was a awesome strain smells and looks like a sativa burns hashy like an indica your gonna love it ..

Interesting. I always heard that strain was gone and the cuts that people see going around are really Matanuska Tundra or some mix of it. Cant wait for some flower pics. The other story is that it needs a frost at the end of flower for max potency.

EDIT: Just looked and saw the other thread.

Edited by OG Fire Beaster

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_20130424_155722_zpsde7e883c.jpg

....and just like that, new life was breathed into my garden.Thanks Doc!

One wanted to come in sideways, this sometimes happens with rockwool. I just opened the cube and helped her out a little. She lost one of her cotyledon leaves in the process. No biggie, the roots are awesome so she will be okay.

• 3 months later...

Things have been rough lately.. I got root aphids in the hydro system really bad , they completly shut me down. After trying everything under the sun to get rid of them I had to trash the whole thing... A complete nightmare.... But I am rid of it now.

I have a new grow up and running now, I am doing organics for awhile, it kind of sucks. 1/3 of the yield for 10 times the labor. But I can adjust, as the quality is equal to or greater than my hydro system.

I managed to save one of the MTFs she just went into flower. She got the hurtin put on her but she is coming back now!

IMGP4952_zpsa87ad705.jpg

IMGP4949_zpse15ffc2d.jpg

She is starting to show flowers! Now the fun begins!

She is not as stretchy as I would expect a 90% Sativa to be the structure seems nice. I gave her some organic AACT (actively aerated compost tea) and put some bone meal , guano, kelp, ground oyster shell, and feather meal spikes during transplant for later when the roots find them.

I am still getting the hang of organics, my last crop I starved quite a bit. But with the teas, and spikes I think I will be good!

IMGP4962_zps29eb3b8e.jpg

IMGP4957_zps5fa4c46b.jpg

IMGP4960_zps44d279d6.jpg

wonder if Doc has commment on how she compares to atf?

my first run of atf from clones (atf is clone-only), in 5 gals averaged 7 ozs from plants that went into 12/12 at 30 inches tall.  in 58 days yielded 7 oz avg per plant.  ATF makes glittering lime-green colas.