Bad Taste

A friend grew some lemon OG, and a few various kush plants. They looked wonderful, the buzz was great. But, they had a nasty taste. I'd describe the lemon as tasting like lemon pledge or lemon endust. He said he flushed as usual and thought maybe they should have not been cut when they were. Any one have any ideas why the bad taste? His other harvests were done the same and did not have a bad taste.

Edited by janefacej

I had some lemon g once and it tasted like lemon pledge sprayed in your mouth. It was grown organically and taken at the correct time. I didn't like it but some people loved it. Its a matter of your personal taste. Hell I have had meds taste like cat tinkle smells, baby food, and other various bad flavors. It doesn't mean that it had artificial flavors. Different strains taste different. Some stronger tasting then others. At least they got ya medded up. Did they all taste like lemon pledge or just the lemon og. Kushs usually have a earthy piney smell taste.

It wasn't the strain. All were effected. I've had good lemon, this was awful, like endust or pledge. Someone said chlorophyll may taste bad, if not cured long enough or cut too soon? The taste was worse before we let it sit a few weeks. I still didn't like it.

Edited by janefacej

This sounds pretty normal to me.

I am a taste and smell lover when it comes to cannabis. I've had a few Lemon strains and they all had different lemon citrusy tones and tastes. Jack the Ripper from TGA Subcool seeds has lemon pheno galore.

Over the winter I ran Caramel Candy Kush and it smelled like brown sugar and vanilla, but tasted like the leather coat store. -----The med strength was heavy though so ya gotta love that :)

There are several flavors in the world of cannabis and I urge you to try many more flavors. :thumbsu:   You'll find that "Holy Grail" flavor someday and if it medicates your needs- that's the one you wanna grow. :D

I favor the fruit flavors. Especially the berry ones Yum!

I got to admit there is always the possibility the grower is introducing a scent / flavor on purpose or by accident through environment. Years past I tried this terrible medicine finding out later the grower has moth balls in the grow. Gross!

Edited by Juicy

It wasn't the strain. All were effected. I've had good lemon, this was awful, like endust or pledge. Someone said chlorophyll may taste bad, if not cured long enough or cut too soon? The taste was worse before we let it sit a few weeks. I still didn't like it.

Ahhh I see..... Yes before a good cure or with a bad trim job clorophyll can affect the taste but I wouldnt consider the taste you are describing to be clorophyll. Just my opinion. Hope you figure it out