Need An Expert:

Justinthyme

SO this is the case... I was pulled over and found to be in possession of approximately 1.5 lbs.... I am a patient, not a caregiver... it would seem that this amount is excessive but.. you'd have to know all the evidence... all the material I was caught with, was grown on 3 plants grown over the course of 4 months.... and 2/3 of the material was leaves... I know LEO doesn't care what it is, just that I had more than what they think I should have.... So... reason it was in my trunk because I was going somewhere to make brownies, extracts and other medibles... I didn't do this in my own home, because I had recently lost custody of my children, "because my home smelled of marijuana" part of the conditions to geting my kids back is to keep my home from the smell of marijuana.. (Yeah I know, pretty dumb and imposing on my rights) SO I was going to make brownies etc at another caregivers home, who was ok with the situation... 

So.. I've been fighting this case for 2 years now... and just had an evidentiary hearing and settled a motion to preserve my section 8 defense. Now the prosecutor wants to again attack my section 8 defense, holding another hearing where they want a medical expert to validate my claim that I indeed needed the amount that I had to maintain an uninterrupted supply. 

Here is the email I received from my attorney 

"As indicated the Ingham  Prosecutors Office will be filing a motion next  April in your case . When asked, they advised it is the Sec. 8  affirmative defense portion of the statute which we successfully established after an evidentiary hearing re that section which permits a reasonable amount in possession to ensure uninterrupted availability to address your needs.  We have argued 3 to 4 months to regrow your plants to replenish the amount in your possession when arrested .  The motion will ask the judge NOW to require a medical doctor to confirm that amount in possession and that affirmative defense and the reasonable amount.   The statute does not require it.   Any help in research is appreciated.   Please refer to the Court's  Opinion when sending inquiries.   Richard Z

"

Just a thought, you may want to hire a cannabis expert to say that you would get a return of about 10% with a quick wash iso on high grade buds.  That would make your 1.5 lbs into 2.4 ozs.  That would be about a gram a day for a 60 day supply.  Or if you had no other plants, due to a 12+ week cycle you would have to have enough to cover the time to the next harvest.  Since it was low grade leaves and a small amount of bud, the return on extract could be as little as 2-5% and could be as little as 14 to  34 grams, which is well under limits.

Just a thought, you may want to hire a cannabis expert to say that you would get a return of about 10% with a quick wash iso on high grade buds.  That would make your 1.5 lbs into 2.4 ozs.  That would be about a gram a day for a 60 day supply.  Or if you had no other plants, due to a 12+ week cycle you would have to have enough to cover the time to the next harvest.  Since it was low grade leaves and a small amount of bud, the return on extract could be as little as 2-5% and could be as little as 14 to  34 grams, which is well under limits.

Would more refined extraction yield less? And if it is not high grade, but maybe even mids?

Edited by GregS

Your attorney is on top of it. Is an order to show cause why evidence beyond the requirements of the law is demanded an option? Is it possible to have the judge demand that of the prosecution?

How many oz's/ grms of brownies were you going to make? Medibles in decent quantity have always made me nervous. I could gk for a brownie right now though.

Would more refined extraction yield less? And if it is not high grade, but maybe even mids?

Common sense says a more refined would yeild more oil, the only difference you are going to get with the finished oil from midgrade, or just the sugar leafs vs mm grade budds, is the amount, it should all come out close in the thc %, naturaly the better quality the more return, but ive not seen any noticable dif between strains or leafs, budds, comm, as far as potency goes!

Peace

Jim

Edit= lol wow that  confused me, I guess the answer is yes or no, depending how you look at it, When I have a butt load of scraps, I very quickly turn l.b's into grams, you can do anything with oil, smoke, ingest, make medibles with it, take it in a capsule, and it lowers your amount of so called usable mm, They count dried leaves if you have a big ole bag of it, there are always lil buds in it and its gonna test pos for thc lol.

I love the butter, but butter takes grams and turns it into lbs, so you decide the way your gonna roll! me im gonna turn mine/c.g's scraps from lb's to grms, like now!  :judge:  :drinking-coffee:  :kfu:

Edited by phaquetoo

How about using the federal government for a source, though the info is a bit difficult to find. Here is a starter link though...

http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.answers.php?questionID=257

If this info is correct (and i believe it is), then the remaining patients under the federal medical marijuana program (yes, federal govt dispenses mj to people to this very day, all the while) are alotted 8-9oz in prerolled joints per month.

From my understanding, the joints are of very low quality including stems and seeds which the federal patients remove and re-pack joints, losing half or more of the weight.

Ul need to dig for better source citations, but i beleive it is george mcmahon that speaks and writes on the program, and believe he also testifies in medical states. I know the federal program has been used to determine higher doctor recommendations for higher plant counts- in other medi states, successfully.

If the judge wont take that under consideration...well then, the deck is certainly stacked. Good luck.