Ac, No Condensation?

Dlo

Okay I see now. The line set comes with flared ends. Flexible copper just like the standard line sets. But made so you don't need to know how to braze. Neat that it self vacs the line set too. Pretty decent for a DIY project.

The older models all had to be soldered or brazed so this is a little different. I haven't worked with one of these in several years.

Edited by jayt

Do you do installs too? If so, could you pm me a ballpark with a 3 ton? Thanks.

I didn't say I would come install the unit for that. But yes I can get dealer pricing on ac units and furnaces. I can pick up a new furnace, 3 ton ac, cased a-coil and line set for 1200. And I'm in the same part of the state as you.

See where I said a supplier? Not an installer. Of course no one is coming out and installing the units for that cost. I assume most are installing there own. Who in there right mind brings in a contractor to install an AC for their grow room?

Okay I see now. The line set comes with flared ends. Flexible copper just like the standard line sets. But made so you don't need to know how to braze. Neat that it self vacs the line set too. Pretty decent for a DIY project.

The older models all had to be soldered or brazed so this is a little different. I haven't worked with one of these in several years.

The line has to be flushed but pressuring one end for a brief second.  It is a complicated final step not to be done for an amatuer.  You just have to flush it but if you just connect them up or open the wrong line you will loose all the r-410 inthe unit.  and you know how much the recharge will run.  half the price of the unit.  Thats why R-410 is so expensive.   The government has locks on it.

They aren't going to stop making the gas I don't think. But the price will continue to climb. There are problems with the 410 because of the high pressure. The govt. makes these mandates all the time and usually there is a way around them. Technically they were already supposed to stop selling the r22 units. But they are allowed to continue as long as they aren't charged.

Not to my knowledge the freon old school units are being phased out.  ANd the government has set a deadline for all units to be r-410 coming in the near future.

If your a licensed HVAC guy you have received info about this right,,?

I am going to call my AC guy and get the lowdown when I get a minite but he has made it known to me that freon is going bye bye..just cannot remember by what date...?

There's already two or three replacements available for r22. The r22 units will be in service for decades. And R410 is less than half the cost of r22 right now.

I think the phase out for r22 is 2015 but not sure at the end of 15 or beginning. But right now the suppliers are still pushing the r22 due to issues with the 410 units. They aren't as reliable and the higher pressures are causing problems.

Edited by jayt