2 Caregivers In One Home?

Maja

Hello: I am inquiring about the policies regulating caregivers. My girlfriend and I live together and are both registered as our own caregivers. This evening a friend informed us that we cannot both live and grow for ourselves under the same roof. I previously had read nothing about this and have been unable to find any literature supporting his claims. So my question is, Is he accurate in stating that two care givers cannot grow for themselves at their residence? 

Edited by Maja

it is arguably dangerous...

however not against the law in it of itself..

remember that only you can have access to your space.. and she access to her space..

if you stay out of trouble and off the radar it will never become an issue... however if you get into any type of trouble that

brings LEO around... be prepared to show how you are able to separate your spaces and don't have cross access to each others space..

silly i know...

and a bit extreme...

however.... best to follow

also

never have more than 100 plants at one location..

if your both caregivers with full loads... the act allows 144 for 2 people... but at 100 the federal minimum sentence guidelines kick in... mandatory 5 years for 100 plants...

all plants are a felony to the feds... however over 100 and your considered dangerous apparently and must be imprisoned...

other than that....

i can't think of anything that is absolutely wrong or important to consider with cohabitation...

welcome to the community... :)

You have to keep your area locked, so she can't get into it, and she has to have her area locked so you can't get into it.

Neither of you has the legal right to access the other's grow.  If she is caught in your grow area, both you and her can be arrested, and vice versa.

Get combo-code entry locks for both rooms:  they provide push-button convenience and code change w/o the bother of a key, like your having on your ring the key for her room.  With leo present that could spell

b-u-s-t-e-d and put u in line for a 1500-day hassle and plea.

As to plant #s, only need to cut two a week to supply and over-supply patients. 

Edited by pic book

i just thought about it..

if your growing for just yourselves...

then you should make her your caregiver and she should make you hers...

it would allow you both access to the room.. and you would both be allowed to have 5 ounces instead of 2.5...

if you have the ability.. and you are living together...

it is arguably best to be each others patients...

if you or her are growing for someone else... as a outside caregiver to another patient...than the other person would potentially have access to plants not their own and it could spell trouble...

but if it's just you and her alone....

then safety and logic says be each others caregivers.

Does the PT have access to the grow room if they surrender possession of their plants to their CG?

Honestly, I don't have an answer for that.  It is one of those "grey areas" of the law.  I've heard arguments on both sides of the debate. I'm pretty sure that Bill Schuette thinks that PTs don't have the right to enter their own CG's grow room even if the CG is only growing for that particular PT.  

One thing I do know, if you and your wife both have PTs and you are growing more than 12 plants each, then you will NOT be able to access each others room.  It's totally silly, but it is what it is.

One more thing, ALWAYS use a combination lock instead of a key.  It can be really hard to remember the combination when you're under stress.  During a LEO raid, for example.

I honestly have no idea what is clear with the law in regards to this matter, but I will tell you that me and my hubby both have a card and are our own caretakers so we each have 12 plants, (actually he has 10 and I have 12 at the moment) but his 10 are in the flower room under lock and my 12 are in the veg room under lock, pad locks that is. He stays out of my room and I stay out of his room. We each only have one key and that is to the room of our plants, not each others.

Unfortunately, my plants never get to flower and mature, because once they are moved into the "flower room", they become "his plants", and I get to clone or start a seed for my new plant.

Ugh,,,it is what it is :(   lol

I tend to agree with two rooms, I'd use keys though (you don't want to give them room to speculate that you know each other's codes).  You keep your keys, they keep theirs.  Never more than 99 under one room no matter what you think the MMMA says about total plants.

Remember, if you have 25 caregivers living together, you could make an argument for 1800 plants.  That wont fly.  Where do you draw the line?  5 caregivers and 360 plants?  2 at 144?  Just stay separate and below 99 total at one house, and have a reason to both be growing there (like a relationship or family ties) other than simply to grow marijuana in a warehouse.

Dr. Bob

They can speculate all they want.  They have to prove that you know her combination in court.  How do you prove what someone has only in their head?

I always tell people to get a combo lock.  If you have a key, they can make you open the door.  They can't go in if you can't remember the combo due to a stressful situation.

Thank you all for your responses. They are a lot of help. She is going to be renewing her card tomorrow before it actually expires and will be listing me as her caregiver. Until then we will follow kentucky rain's model. We have no intention of reaching anywhere near 144, 100, or even 99 plants unless we acquire additional patients. Thank you all again.

They can speculate all they want.  They have to prove that you know her combination in court.  How do you prove what someone has only in their head?

I always tell people to get a combo lock.  If you have a key, they can make you open the door.  They can't go in if you can't remember the combo due to a stressful situation.

good advice celliach (y)

Thank you all for your responses. They are a lot of help. She is going to be renewing her card tomorrow before it actually expires and will be listing me as her caregiver. Until then we will follow kentucky rain's model. We have no intention of reaching anywhere near 144, 100, or even 99 plants unless we acquire additional patients. Thank you all again.

Good to see u have a plan, just keep in mind,......

I have no idea what the law states is ok or not, No one that I have heard of, has used my example in court... Please  don't assume that what I am doing is ok for you and your family, It is just the best I can provide financially to stay within the boundaries of the law as it was written. 

I have no idea what the law states is ok or not, No one that I have heard of, has used my example in court... Please  don't assume that what I am doing is ok for you and your family, It is just the best I can provide financially to stay within the boundaries of the law as it was written. 

I fully understand that, thank you. To me it seems logical and the laws are grey as can be.I figure best option is to separate and lock separately.

It seems like a great plan to me.