St. Christopher Pendant, In My Jacket, Do You Ride?

So I don't get to ride much, but after a accident last year, I finally got her all fixed up and running like a gem again.. Unfortunately with my back issues Im limited to how long and far I can ride.

Anywhom, today I got to get back on the horse (Triumph 955i Euro Super Bike) and while we were riding we stopped at a Macomb Powersports on Gratiot (Awesome store) and just so happened they had a $200 dollar full body armor ICON Overload textile Jacket.. and the tag said $99, it was mis priced, a couple were.

Ok so get it home start checking it out, and inside the sleeve there is a little pouch like a nick bag but smaller pouch, inside is a St. Christopher protection pendant..

"Si en San Cristóbal confías, de accidente no morirás" ("If you trust St. Christopher, you won't die in an accident")."

"St. Christopher offered protection to travelers and against sudden death, many churches placed images or statues of him, usually opposite the south door, so he could be easily seen."

Thought that was pretty cool and at the same time reminded me how dangerous my bike is. When I think about it without the bike I don't leave my house I dont meet new people, I don't get to ride but once in a while 2 hours and I'm down for 2 days.. but I think its worth it, sorry tired and medicated..

Anyone one else ride or used to ride?

There isn't another feeling in the entire world like doing 80 on the freeway on two wheels, its one of a kind!

IMG_20130607_010918_0-1-Copy.jpg

IconJacket.jpg

a397798f-dbec-481c-a1ef-949f5763166c.jpg

Trix
:bong2:

I cannot even walk today, but yesterday was the most alive I have felt in so freaking long..

I love to ride, but I get really depressed knowing that I can't do just about any normal activity w/o knowing I'm going to pay for it for days/weeks afterwards.. I'm a shell of a person I look like I could run a marathon but its a trick of the eye..

Pic Book, so you haven't rode since 91' ? Man that sucks, but you can attest to that feeling you have when your on a motorcycle, its something I didn't get to experience till my 30's and I wish I had found out much sooner.

It has changed my life in just the short time I have been riding, new friends, I get out of the house, I talk to random strangers that show interest in my bike.. it amazing what changes come with riding there is a whole other feeling of welcome from a totally foreign crowd of usual people.

Pretty strange they place that pendant in there huh.. least I thought so, never seen anything like it.. My buddy rides a Harley he said there was a four leaf clover pendant in his vest.

Trix

Definitely is sketchy I will not deny that, but the feeling of life is apparent when I'm riding.. I don't get them feelings as I'm rotting away on my couch or in bed..

Jetski's are a blast, I took my mother to Hawaii a couple years ago for my Bday.. and I got to take a Jetski out on the ocean.. talk about sketchy hit a 10-20ft swell not even a wave just the water moving. look down and your 10-20 ft in the air.

Scary, but again, you will never feel more alive when your doing something so crazy..

My speedo says 190... I can't get past 3rd gear on the freeway or I'm doing 100.. Which I have yet to reach..

Trix

Feeling nervous, I would bet. alive for certain, if you truly have a fear of death you shouldn't ride..

I have fear of getting hit by a idiot everyday.. like 5x's tonight... Drunk Drivers should all drink antifreeze.. they have such little respect for life. I witnessed a guy swerve 2 two lanes one way, the back to the center.. I was chilling behind him just coasting at like 60, scared to death to pass his drunk azz.. I -75 South passing the Ambassador bridge..

It is a insane number but not hard to achieve .. I won't be trying it, but would only take a second or two to get there or beyond.

Used to ride too. Horses. I miss that.

Im a tad scared of horses, was in my friends barn in Lapeer had like 5 or 6 and they are so big there heads make me nervous.. LoL..

That sure would be a exciting hobby, it's different (for me), but sounds challenging enough to be exciting.. Hopefully you will be well enough to have a go at it again someday.,.

trix

Im a tad scared of horses, was in my friends barn in Lapeer had like 5 or 6 and they are so big there heads make me nervous.. LoL..

That sure would be a exciting hobby, it's different (for me), but sounds challenging enough to be exciting.. Hopefully you will be well enough to have a go at it again someday.,.

trix

They have big heads!!!!  bawahahahahahaha!  send me some screen cleaner it took 10 mins to clean the coffee off of my screen after reading that!

Peace

Jim

Used to ride, had a Triumph 650 Bonneville back in the 70s. Thought Id take it up again, bought a BMW from a friend, on payments. Stopped in at the Insurance Agent to get my cert. It was just before closing, dark outside, the guy unlocks the door, lets me in. After I run my story on him, he begins to talk me out of it. Did I ever ride, didn't I get cut-off, run-off, nearly killed, how many times? How many chances do you think you have left.

Of course my friend was upset, but eventually I got my money back. I haven't given it much thought lately. 'till now. . . be careful