How One Cannabis Advocate Morphed Into A Marijuana Dispensary Owner

Mark Passerini is an entrepreneur, activist and pioneer in the world of medical marijuana and legal cannabis. The 39-year-old Chicago native owns and operates Om of Medicine, a medical marijuana dispensary located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, with his friend and business partner Keith Lambert. In addition to running the dispensary, he also serves as president of the Illinois Cannabis Industry Association and is the government liaison for the Michigan chapter ofAmericans for Safe Access (ASA). He is a past president and co-founder of the Ann Arbor Medical Cannabis Guild as well as an organizer and emcee for theHash Bash, the nation’s longest-running cannabis reform rally.

I only had the pleasure of meeting Mark for the first time a couple of months ago at a meeting of the ArcView Group (a venture capital fund that specializes in marijuana-themed businesses; Mark was an early member), I have known of him for years through our mutual network of friends. I always knew him to be an extremely sharp guy and accomplished entrepreneur and salesman and have followed his work in medical marijuana from afar. I was really excited to have a chance to ask him these questions.

Read more Here

That's a hip looking place there, seems to be cutting edge, progressive, and successful. I still can't shake the whole "business ventures capitalists"  angle of all this...and article titles like

"The future of marijuana legalization belongs to the capitalists"  read here;  http://www.mnn.com/money/sustainable-business-practices/blogs/the-future-of-marijuana-legalization-belongs-to-the

"Man you ain't hip if you don't get hip to this hip and hep jive
Now get it now, look out
Man get hip with the hipster, YEAH! Got to do it!
be hip not hep, coz hep is not hip
so just be hip and pray you don't slip!"

In 1947, Harry "The Hipster" Gibson wrote the song "It Ain't Hep" about the switch from hep to hip:

Hey you know there's a lot of talk going around about this hip and hep jive. Lots of people are going around saying "hip." Lots of squares are coming out with "hep." Well the hipster is here to inform you what the jive is all about.

The jive is hip, don't say hep
That's a slip of the lip, let me give you a tip
Don't you ever say hep it ain't hip, NO IT AIN'T
It ain't hip to be loud and wrong
Just because you're feeling strong
You try too hard to make a hit
And every time you do you tip your mitt
It ain't hip to blow your top
The only thing you say is mop, mop, mop
Keep cool fool, like a fish in the pool
That's the golden rule at the Hipster school
You find yourself talking too much
Then you know you're off the track
That's the stuff you got to watch
Everybody wants to get into the act
It ain't hip to think you're "in there"
Just because of the zooty suit you wear
You can laugh and shout but you better watch out
Cause you don't know what it's all about, man
Man you ain't hip if you don't get hip to this hip and hep jive
Now get it now, look out
Man get hip with the hipster, YEAH! Got to do it!
be hip not hep, coz hep is not hip

so just be hip and pray you don't slip!

= him, but not the jam