Tourette's syndrome and Motor Tick disorder patients

A place for us to discuss our treatments and experiences with and while coping with this difficult disease. and how cannabis  plays a role in our treatment. 

Hello I'm Gannon (waves)

I've had  tourettes syndrome(mild) and motor tick disorder (moderate) since I was 6-7 years old. cannabis has completely stopped my symptoms other than visual triggers of others ticking. and high stress situations.

• 2 weeks later...

My Dad had Tourettes Syndrome since he was a child, but only got the diagnosis (and learned the name Tourette's) at like age 30.

I started showing symptoms of Tourettes around age 16. Mostly facial ticks (blinking, scrunching nose, pouting) and some vocal ticks (chirping, throat clearing, and other sounds... but no words). I also had an issue with constantly picking my wedgie and adjusting my junk at inappropriate times in public. Luckily I knew what it was, and was familiar with the disease.

Age 16 was also the time that I started smoking weed. It quickly soothed whatever "itch" I had in my brain that compelled me to tick. I consider myself to have been "cured" by my use of MJ. By age 18, I had no ticks left at all and remain tick free up to now (age 49).

10 hours ago, mishigami bear said:

My Dad had Tourettes Syndrome since he was a child, but only got the diagnosis (and learned the name Tourette's) at like age 30.

I started showing symptoms of Tourettes around age 16. Mostly facial ticks (blinking, scrunching nose, pouting) and some vocal ticks (chirping, throat clearing, and other sounds... but no words). I also had an issue with constantly picking my wedgie and adjusting my junk at inappropriate times in public. Luckily I knew what it was, and was familiar with the disease.

Age 16 was also the time that I started smoking weed. It quickly soothed whatever "itch" I had in my brain that compelled me to tick. I consider myself to have been "cured" by my use of MJ. By age 18, I had no ticks left at all and remain tick free up to now (age 49).

I have heard many stories like this and those stories are what made me realize ALL cannabis use is medical.

With some people they just don't know it. Others are observant enough to understand their relationship with cannabis is more than just for kicks. 

I have been medicating since I was 16 also (age 55). 

These diseases that we use marijuana to cope with are actually symptoms of our damaged DNA. Evolution. Marijuana is a tool to deal with the trials and tribulations of evolving. A gift we found long ago. And some would have us quit. Take away our gift that helps us survive. The arrogance and ignorance of that is astounding! Or is it base jealousy by the ones left behind by evolution? We will survive and thrive and they will pickle themselves with alcohol. Be kind to the left behind ….

6 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

I have heard many stories like this and those stories are what made me realize ALL cannabis use is medical.

With some people they just don't know it. Others are observant enough to understand their relationship with cannabis is more than just for kicks. 

I have been medicating since I was 16 also (age 55). 

I was just nodding my head up and down as I read this. So darn true, everyone gets the medicinal benefits whether or not that's their intention. Gotta love this plant!