Commercial Grows want to go BIGGER

The big growers, i.e. 1500 plants, are lobbying to move that number up to something like 6,000+ plants under a Class C license.   They submitted a bill to change the number to 4,500, but slipped in a redefinition of plant to a "flowering" plant.   Interestingly is they have Republican support for the bill.  

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/2019-2020/billintroduced/House/htm/2020-HIB-5547.htm

Key part of the new words...

THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN ENACT:

Sec. 501. (1) A grower license authorizes the grower to grow not more than the following number of marihuana plants under the indicated license class for each license the grower holds in that class:

(a) Class A – 1,500 marihuana plants, not more than 500 of which may be flowering marihuana plants.

(b) Class B – 3,000 marihuana plants, not more than 1,000 of which may be flowering marihuana plants.

(c) Class C – 4,500 marihuana plants, not more than 1,500 of which may be flowering marihuana plants.

On 5/16/2020 at 1:47 PM, shishka said:

It would also allow for microbusiness licensees to have 450 plants, 150 in flower. 
Would make that license al lot more appealing. 

Is this in a different bill?   I may be wrong, but I thought that the microbusiness licenses were adult use/recreational businesses.   The bill listed above only relates to "medical" licensees

On 5/18/2020 at 10:59 AM, semicaregiver said:

Is this in a different bill?   I may be wrong, but I thought that the microbusiness licenses were adult use/recreational businesses.   The bill listed above only relates to "medical" licensees

Yes there is a bill for each, med and AU. 
5547 and 5548 respectively.