Run From The Cure: How Cannabis Cures Cancer And Why No One Knows

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/5169.html

By Rick Simpson - Friday, March 7 2008

Cannabis sativa hemp, the miracle plant, contains the cure for cancer and other ailments
My name is Rick Simpson. I have been providing people with Hemp Oil medicines, at no cost, for about three years. The results have been nothing short of amazing. Throughout man's history hemp has always been known as the most medicinal plant in the world. Even with this knowledge, hemp has always been used as a political and religious football. I want this knowledge out there for everyone to learn! Watch the documentary Run From The Cure to understand more about using cannabis as a cure for cancer and other medical problems!
The current restrictions against hemp were put in place and maintained, not because hemp is evil or harmful, but for big money to make more big money, while we suffer and die needlessly. Look at a proposal such as this; if we were allowed to grow hemp in our back yards and cure our own illnesses, what do you think the reaction of the pharmaceutical industry would be to such a plan?

Many large pharmaceutical companies that still exist today sold hemp based medicines in the 1800's and early 1900's. They knew then what I have recently found out. Hemp oil if produced properly is a cure-all that the pharmaceutical industry can't patent.

To learn more about my and hemp oil, visit www.PhoenixTears.ca and watch the documentary Run From The Cure. Below the posted videos you will find more studies and research about cannabis curing cancer!

5169-RickSimpson.jpg
Rick Simpson outside court, 2007
RUN FROM THE CURE: A Film By Christian Laurette

5169-RunFromTheCure.jpg

After a serious head injury in 1997, Rick Simpson sought relief from his medical condition through the use of medicinal hemp oil. When Rick discovered that the hemp oil (with its high concentration of T.H.C.) cured cancers and other illnesses, he tried to share it with as many people as he could free of charge, curing and controlling literally hundreds of people's illnesses... but when the story went public, the long arm of the law snatched the medicine - leaving potentially thousands of people without their cancer treatments - and leaving Rick with unconsitutional charges of possessing and trafficking marijuana!

Canada is in the middle of a CANCER EPIDEMIC! Meet the people who were not allowed to testify on Rick's behalf at the Supreme Court of Canada's Infamous Rick Simpson Trial on September 10, 2007... INCLUDING A MAN WHO WAS CURED OF TERMINAL CANCER USING HEMP OIL!

WATCH THE ENTIRE DOCUMENTARY ONLINE AND FREE HERE:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7331006790306000271#

Rick Simpson's work is the cutting edge of Medical Marijuana His curative oil goes way beyond smoking or even vaporizing the herb AND its verified by medical research!

Rick's web-site:

Phoenix Tears - Promoting Hemp Oil as a natural healing agent...

Recent Research on Medical Marijuana

Dr Guzman and Dr Melamede have made ground breaking research in cannabinoids

Both are on Phoenix Tears - Promoting Hemp Oil as a natural healing agent...

One fascinating aspect of Dr. Manuel Guzman’s work is that, as the tumors being treated are in brain (nerve) tissue, the neuroprotective properties of THC become extremely important. Whereas most cancer treatments cause damage to surrounding tissue (especially crucial in the brain), THC treatments actually protect adjacent non-cancerous nerve tissue.

Cancer Research Links:

Gliomas - NORML

British Journal of Cancer - A pilot clinical study of [Delta]9-tetrahydrocannabinol in patients with recurrent glioblastoma multiforme

Expert Reviews - Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics - 8(1):37 - Summary

Delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits cell cycle p...[Acta Oncol. 2008] - PubMed Result

Expression of cannabinoid receptors and neurotroph...[Neurol Sci. 2007] - PubMed Result

Inhibition of tumor angiogenesis by cannabinoids -- BLÁZQUEZ et al. 17 (3): 529 -- The FASEB Journal

Antitumor Effects of Cannabidiol, a Nonpsychoactive Cannabinoid, on Human Glioma Cell Lines -- Massi et al. 308 (3): 838 -- Journal of Pharmacology And Experimental Therapeutics

Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows

More Evidence That Marijuana Prevents Cancer | DrugReporter | AlterNet

A population-based case-control study of marijuana...[Cancer Prev Res (Phila Pa). 2009] - PubMed Result

THC effect on Cancer cells You Tube

MARINOL IS NOT AN EFFECTIVE SUBSTITUTE FOR NATURAL CANNABIS

For more information please see this arcticle: Marinol vs Natural Cannabis

Marional is a ineffective synthetic version of just one of the many amazing medicinal molecules in this 100% natural plant! It's simply a way for big pharma to profit off of the medicinal reputation of this miraculous natural plant! It simply does NOT work!

I hate to be negative, but most of this evidence is anecdotal. There have been some studies but not enough to conclude that marijuana is a cure. Rick Simpson is not a doctor, and yet he is going around telling very sick people to ignore the accepted medicines and to try his snake oil instead. I know that if I am ever diagnosed with a cancer I will go with traditional cures and treat the side effects with marijuana.

The real tragedy is that there has not been extensive study's done.

As someone who has gone through some of the "traditional" treatments, unsuccessfully, I wish there was something less...toxic, scaring, etc.. The remnants of chemo & radiation are permanent.

I agree, not enough evidence to say it will cure. But there is enough to warrant much more study.

I know it is better than anything the medical community uses for treating the symptoms of chemo or for the symptoms of the cancer itself.

Evaluating medical claims for Rick Simpson oil.

One of the problems of the medical marijuana movement concerns the fact that it is for the most part a completely unregulated grassroots medical industry compared to the highly regulated professional health industry. This results in, among other things, laypersons being easily influenced by self-appointed crusaders of medical marijuana who make claims for its benefits that go far beyond what the actual proven facts are. Probably the worst violations of irresponsible statements made by medical marijuana advocates who don't know any better concerns Rick Simpson oil. It is repeatedly claimed by those who promote the oil that it cures cancer. I have even seen statements claiming that the oil is a miracle drug. Such outrageous claims are then topped by an even more outrageous claim that it's all scientifically verified.

The vast majority of lay advocates, having no formal higher education to be able to evuluate such claims, simply swallow what they read. They read that the oil cures cancer and that science proves it and immediately become uncritical supporters. Persons who have studied the science of medicine in higher institutions of learning, on the other hand, are immediately able to see through the pseudo-scientific claims made for the oil. From the perspective of the professional scientific community, the most lofty claims made for the oil are nothing short of medical quackery. I am not going to present a lengthy rebuttal of the statements made by various persons in video clips available on the Internet in support of the oil because the misinformation and distortion of the actual facts promoted on such sites are endless. And I don't have the time. The two most important actual facts are these: 1) There are, in truth, no scientific research studies that prove the claims made by Rick Simpson are true. Despite claims that make it appear as if there are such scientific studies, not one direct professional research study of persons who claim to have been cured by the oil has ever been undertaken. Not one. All the evidence for the oil is based on the personal stories of patients. 2). There does not exist in the professional medical community any standardized treatment for the cure of any disease by marijuana at this time.

To be sure, it is true that some scientific studies, mostly using petri dishes and laboratory rats, suggest that marijuana may have anticancer properties. And other studies have suggested that marijuana may reduce the risk of some types of cancer in humans. But to draw the conclusion from the current research results that "marijuana cures cancer" is irresponsible and unethical because it gives those desperate for a cure to a terminal disease false hope. It is a criminal offense for any company to make false claims about its product. If marijuana were ever approved as medicine by the FDA, based on current research, all claims that marijuana cures disease would be illegal, and persons making such claims would be sent to prison, giving an indication of how serious a matter this is.

Frankly, I am outraged that some medical marijuana advocates continue to promote the oil without any critical examination of the facts as established by the standards used by professional scientific researchers.

Let me make it very clear that I am not against the attempt to use marijuana to cure any disease. It may in fact be true that the oil cures some diseases. I am against making scientific claims as proof for the positive results of such treatments. Sure, many people claim it has cured a disease they have had. And it may indeed have done so. Or not. But no one knows for sure. Again, no scientific studies have verified such claims of a cure by marijuana for any specific disease.

What is at stake regarding the claims made for Rick Simpson oil is the image of the grassroots community that supports the use of medical marijuana. If persons in this community do not beat back the outrageous claims made for the oil, then the image of medical marijuana will be distorted by medical quackery, which will hurt rather than advance the actual medical use of the drug among the general public. Whenever a forum or post is added to the MMMA web site that uncritically promotes the oil, other posters should push back with the facts for the sake of the proper image of the medical marijuana community. Medical marijuana advocates need to be very careful in the statements they make about its benefits and side-effects.

See the booklet I have written called "the Michigan Medical Marijuana Guide" available at HollandCCC.org for a balanced presentation of marijuana's medical efficacy.

Kurt

Director, the Holland Compassionate Care Community

Rick doesn't keep records.

There is scientific evidence that cannabis compounds attack cancers. The question is do they attack strongly enough to get the job done.

Dosage levels are important for any medicine. The dosage level suggested by a few medical studies suggest a possible dosage level of about 1200 mg per day for a 100 kg person.

Rick seems to have done something very right. I don't believe him to be a complete fake. Does he exaggerate? I believe so. I think he is very proud of what he has dome. I, for one, think he has earned the right to be proud.

The first item of business is to replicate what Rick did up north.

We have cases of skin cancer being strongly impacted by hemp oil. This was the first area that Rick saw success with.

I've made attempts with two very serious cancer cases. One person has passed away and the other is hanging on by a thread.

I believe it is possible to legally replicate Rick's efforts here, in Michigan.

There have been a lot of people that have contributed material to cook down for this effort.

Some of the projects we have on going right now include a terminal breast cancer patient and a seven year old girl with a brain tumor.

I support what peanutbutter is attempting to do and in no way do I mean to undermine his work with his patients. In fact, I ask that the MMJ community continue to support his efforts in whatever way persons can. It is my sincere hope that his work bears fruit and that the goodness in his heart be a comfort to those he comforts. Thank you, peanutbutter.

Kurt

One of the problems of the medical marijuana movement concerns the fact that it is for the most part a completely unregulated grassroots medical industry compared to the highly regulated professional health industry. This results in, among other things, laypersons being easily influenced by self-appointed crusaders of medical marijuana who make claims for its benefits that go far beyond what the actual proven facts are. Probably the worst violations of irresponsible statements made by medical marijuana advocates who don't know any better concerns Rick Simpson oil. It is repeatedly claimed by those who promote the oil that it cures cancer. I have even seen statements claiming that the oil is a miracle drug. Such outrageous claims are then topped by an even more outrageous claim that it's all scientifically verified.

The vast majority of lay advocates, having no formal higher education to be able to evuluate such claims, simply swallow what they read. They read that the oil cures cancer and that science proves it and immediately become uncritical supporters. Persons who have studied the science of medicine in higher institutions of learning, on the other hand, are immediately able to see through the pseudo-scientific claims made for the oil. From the perspective of the professional scientific community, the most lofty claims made for the oil are nothing short of medical quackery. I am not going to present a lengthy rebuttal of the statements made by various persons in video clips available on the Internet in support of the oil because the misinformation and distortion of the actual facts promoted on such sites are endless. And I don't have the time. The two most important actual facts are these: 1) There are, in truth, no scientific research studies that prove the claims made by Rick Simpson are true. Despite claims that make it appear as if there are such scientific studies, not one direct professional research study of persons who claim to have been cured by the oil has ever been undertaken. Not one. All the evidence for the oil is based on the personal stories of patients. 2). There does not exist in the professional medical community any standardized treatment for the cure of any disease by marijuana at this time.

To be sure, it is true that some scientific studies, mostly using petri dishes and laboratory rats, suggest that marijuana may have anticancer properties. And other studies have suggested that marijuana may reduce the risk of some types of cancer in humans. But to draw the conclusion from the current research results that "marijuana cures cancer" is irresponsible and unethical because it gives those desperate for a cure to a terminal disease false hope. It is a criminal offense for any company to make false claims about its product. If marijuana were ever approved as medicine by the FDA, based on current research, all claims that marijuana cures disease would be illegal, and persons making such claims would be sent to prison, giving an indication of how serious a matter this is.

Frankly, I am outraged that some medical marijuana advocates continue to promote the oil without any critical examination of the facts as established by the standards used by professional scientific researchers.

Let me make it very clear that I am not against the attempt to use marijuana to cure any disease. It may in fact be true that the oil cures some diseases. I am against making scientific claims as proof for the positive results of such treatments. Sure, many people claim it has cured a disease they have had. And it may indeed have done so. Or not. But no one knows for sure. Again, no scientific studies have verified such claims of a cure by marijuana for any specific disease.

What is at stake regarding the claims made for Rick Simpson oil is the image of the grassroots community that supports the use of medical marijuana. If persons in this community do not beat back the outrageous claims made for the oil, then the image of medical marijuana will be distorted by medical quackery, which will hurt rather than advance the actual medical use of the drug among the general public. Whenever a forum or post is added to the MMMA web site that uncritically promotes the oil, other posters should push back with the facts for the sake of the proper image of the medical marijuana community. Medical marijuana advocates need to be very careful in the statements they make about its benefits and side-effects.

See the booklet I have written called "the Michigan Medical Marijuana Guide" available at HollandCCC.org for a balanced presentation of marijuana's medical efficacy.

Kurt

Director, the Holland Compassionate Care Community

Kurt,

This is one heck of a well reasoned response to the Rick Simpson claims. If you don't write professionally, you should.

The two most important actual facts are these: 1) There are, in truth, no scientific research studies that prove the claims made by Rick Simpson are true. Despite claims that make it appear as if there are such scientific studies, not one direct professional research study of persons who claim to have been cured by the oil has ever been undertaken. Not one. All the evidence for the oil is based on the personal stories of patients.

Your statement seems to make the medical claim that hemp oil does NOT work.

You are correct in that scientist folks have never watched Rick Simpson do his thing. That is a very long way from saying that scientists have never watched cannabinoids do their thing against cancer. There are several ways that cannabinoids attack cancers. All of these ways have been shown in published scientific studies.

To my knowledge there has been only one single person from the scientific medical community that has ever taken the time to even look. A brief look and then pronounced the medical claim that it doesn't work. The doctor didn't even wait for the human examples that he had asked for. He just published a story that claimed that the Simpson procedure didn't work.

It is very difficult to prove a negative claim. That such and such will never work for anyone at all. Yet this is the implication in what you have written.

I presume that you have some background in medicine.

It is an interesting system that the doctors have established for themselves. You mention that people could go to prison if they talk about medicine. At the same time these very people that are supposed to be the only ones lawfully able to talk about medicine are completely blind about marijuana.

They have zero education and zero field practice. Yet they are the only ones that are supposed to talk about the medical properties?????

2). There does not exist in the professional medical community any standardized treatment for the cure of any disease by marijuana at this time.

There doesn't properly exist any proof that any medicine "cures" anything at all. Does that prove that medicine is nothing but quackery? Not at all.

Much of what you have written could well have been written by a anti marijuana warrior doctor.

I hope it was cut and paste.

Hopefully scientists will begin to be able to work with these materials without government roadblocks. Until that day arrives, we are in the unenviable position of leaving the work to the laypersons.

I suspect that any information that laypeople will discover will be discarded by the medical profession.

Studies have shown, (forgot the resources on this one) that smoking marijuana has actually destroyed cancerous cells in the lungs. This research was from the 90's originally I believe and has been repeated multiple times since.

Archived