Males/Pollen

Well I did not expect the site to be brand new,sos I guess all of the old topics/blogs are all gone?That Sucks,well any way I was reading on here yesterday where someone was looking for pollen or a male with good genetics,I have a La Confidential that is ready to burst if someone is interested respond to this blog with your contact info and I will make sure I get in touch with you,I have some rooted cuttings of this male also in case you are not ready to breed yet

Well I did not expect the site to be brand new,sos I guess all of the old topics/blogs are all gone?That Sucks,well any way I was reading on here yesterday where someone was looking for pollen or a male with good genetics,I have a La Confidential that is ready to burst if someone is interested respond to this blog with your contact info and I will make sure I get in touch with you,I have some rooted cuttings of this male also in case you are not ready to breed yet

That was me. PM me for my personal email.

I was also just commenting on the new change. Kind of ticked that that post and a bunch of similar projects have been tossed into a locked junk file on the forums. Maybe someone will volunteer to move them into the appropriate forum? Who knows.

That LA sounds sweet. I'm researching deep freezing, so maybe I'll check into that for the LA, just to test it and try it as a gardener, and I'd love to do something with the LA. That'll be a pretty sweet cross. Those F1's should be interesting too. Let's do it.

Good get Greenie.

I am sure you know some folks who would love to try some of that pollen. Maybe even a cut of the male.

Wish there were pics of him. I would love to see the structure and flower cluster formation.

If I can find my buddy after the shake up, I might do a Bubblegum LA Confidential cross. Could be interesting.

I also need to search for my Bushy Old Grower friends. I'm about to rock those Blue Moon Rocks as soon as possible. They're here, just waiting on room to start them.

I'm 1-3 weeks away from using my Chem DD pollen. Chem D x Sour Diesel IBL.

It's in a fridge, in dessecant. Between its journey into the garden and use, I hope it's fine. I did everything I could. Maybe I should freeze it. Just thinking out loud. It's still too early. The pollen came fast, and I was ready, but not quite. I didn't know I'd get an offer so fast.

It should be fine. I'm documenting the process elsewhere. The plants are doing fine, I didn't get a chance to shoot them tonight, as I do every Sunday night, but I'll get it up there at the beginning of the week.

breedingbasics003.jpg

Just for the record. It's usually best to inbreed your hybrid seeds before you start crossing with them. You don't have to, it's your project but.....

If you want to make a real strain you need to work the hybrid into a stable line. So you inbreed the offspring down to an F4 by careful selection, it takes a while. Once you have a stable F4 you have something worth breeding with.

If you don't stabilize the hybrid initially before you start "breeding" with it, you will never come up with a very stable cross. The offspring will be all over the chart.

Do what you want with this info. I'm not telling anybody they have to do anything, just offering the advice.

I'm 1-3 weeks away from using my Chem DD pollen. Chem D x Sour Diesel IBL.

It's in a fridge, in dessecant. Between its journey into the garden and use, I hope it's fine. I did everything I could. Maybe I should freeze it. Just thinking out loud. It's still too early. The pollen came fast, and I was ready, but not quite. I didn't know I'd get an offer so fast.

It should be fine. I'm documenting the process elsewhere. The plants are doing fine, I didn't get a chance to shoot them tonight, as I do every Sunday night, but I'll get it up there at the beginning of the week.

breedingbasics003.jpg

Dont freeze it, its good for another month or two ;)

Just for the record. It's usually best to inbreed your hybrid seeds before you start crossing with them. You don't have to, it's your project but.....

If you want to make a real strain you need to work the hybrid into a stable line. So you inbreed the offspring down to an F4 by careful selection, it takes a while. Once you have a stable F4 you have something worth breeding with.

If you don't stabilize the hybrid initially before you start "breeding" with it, you will never come up with a very stable cross. The offspring will be all over the chart.

Do what you want with this info. I'm not telling anybody they have to do anything, just offering the advice.

Thanks. I'm starting simple as possible with a cross. But the more advanced I get, I'm going to work on inbreeding a parental line and having enough genetic material to work, rework the line and produce. Maybe. But for now. Simple.

I understand the basics of the genetic flowchart and stability. This project is more of a fun thing to learn from and develop some basic skills that are the next step in my evolution as a hobbyist and medical grower.

Reading about it only offers so much, you know?

I would like to suggest that when you have a male plant that has just shown that you dry some top leaves in the microwave for about 25-35 seconds on a piece of paper towel then smoke it. If it kicks then it is a go, but if you get a relatively weak response consider finding a better pollen source.

Based on my experiance potency seems to be transmitted through the male plant.

I would like to suggest that when you have a male plant that has just shown that you dry some top leaves in the microwave for about 25-35 seconds on a piece of paper towel then smoke it. If it kicks then it is a go, but if you get a relatively weak response consider finding a better pollen source.

Based on my experiance potency seems to be transmitted through the male plant.

MDanzig recommends pollen sack density and quantity.

I've been using visual appeal and stem rubbing. My best plant visually ever was from the Pure Power Plant.

Archived