Profile image

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Why doesnt the board settings allow animated avatars?

Dimebag Darrell should be picking and headbanging!

Because malicious code can be embedded in the image files. But beyond that, we have to think of the end user. Many may have old computers, as many patients are on fixed income. A page full of animated signatures or flash files can dramatically slow a user with with an old browser and system.

And as much as we'd love to see Dime flailing away, a static pic is probably a truer representation isn't it?

We don't allow HTML in post either. If a user needs a particular formatting option for HTML, we'd be happy to make a custom BBCode handler.

Best

(and Rip Dime)

Animated avatar can also be very distracting to some folks, there was this bouncing cat once.... the member was asked to please remove it by another member as it caused problems with their vision, ability to read the page...something like that. Reason prevailed and the animated avatar was voluntarily removed.

Because malicious code can be embedded in the image files. But beyond that, we have to think of the end user. Many may have old computers, as many patients are on fixed income. A page full of animated signatures or flash files can dramatically slow a user with with an old browser and system.

And as much as we'd love to see Dime flailing away, a static pic is probably a truer representation isn't it?

We don't allow HTML in post either. If a user needs a particular formatting option for HTML, we'd be happy to make a custom BBCode handler.

Best

(and Rip Dime)

Are you refering to my king diamond banner?

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO
Are you refering to my king diamond banner?

No....just in general. And not even directed to you really. There's just no reason to allow animations. Not that your sig or avatar is annoying or malicious, but once ya start with one....the others have a precedence.

Never mind my daughter found it. Dang kids and their rock and roll and....

lmfao that is funny, i did have my pic up on my profile but didnt know how to put a pic to show up when you post,,,but my 7yr old figured it out for me too! lol

Archived