Qualifying?

Sorry to be that guy but I'm not sure if I qualify.

A couple years ago I had knee surgery, it still bothers me to this day and frequently gets re-injured. My only medical records of this is from when it happened, which was probably 5 appointments or so. But since then I haven't seen anyone, as I don't have insurance, there isn't a record of the ongoing pain, it's not a normal pain and I can't figure out how to describe it's just nagging and annoying and at it's worst as I lay there trying to sleep. The doc had me on Vicodin but they don't do much for me except for I started freaking out when they ran low (start of addiction), I decided to try cannabis as I had read it helps break other addictions, not only did it but it worked so much better than Vicodin for the pain. On top of that it helps with so many other issues, the oddest of which is restless leg syndrome (also not diagnosed, had no idea is was a medical issue till a drug company put out a medication).

Let me just sum it up: Will the records from pre and post surgery be enough? And will my hard to describe pain qualify under cronic? And the last question at what point in the process does it start costing money? I have heard different things. Money is tight I don't want to fork it over to be told I'm SOL.

Was your surgery more than three years ago?

Yes- The advice given to me straight from the THCF clinic out in Oregon said that 3 visits during a 90 period complaining about chronic pain is more than enough evidence. I only needed one visit bc of the type of injury and surgery I had, along with the type of work that I do.

No- Your current records should work. Maybe one visit to the clinic complaining about pain.

Fax your records over the THCF and they will review you for recommendation. They will not charge you if you do not qualify! I say go to them. It was well worth the $200.

Was your surgery more than three years ago?

Yes- The advice given to me straight from the THCF clinic out in Oregon said that 3 visits during a 90 period complaining about chronic pain is more than enough evidence. I only needed one visit bc of the type of injury and surgery I had, along with the type of work that I do.

No- Your current records should work. Maybe one visit to the clinic complaining about pain.

Fax your records over the THCF and they will review you for recommendation. They will not charge you if you do not qualify! I say go to them. It was well worth the $200.

I just dug out all the paperwork I have, it was late 2007. So about 2.5 years ago. Now I'm wondering if the paperwork I have is what the want or if I need to request the records. It was a workmans comp claim, I think I'm going to call the insurance company and see if I'm able to get a follow up seeing as it still hurts and I recently injured it pretty bad.

Thanks for the info.

I have the discharge paper from the surgery which lists the vics as medication given 1-2 every 4-6 hours as needed. No scrip form though. I also have the write up from the MRI place that says exactly what the problems were, with such phrases as "A high-grade chondral injury along the medial facet of the patella is evident." Then I took of picture of my write up from one of the appointments, it's mostly just the bill I guess but it's basically what you would get from an auto mechanic, I don't know if that's enough with the MRI and discharge, I have like 5 of them.

jgtwr8.jpg

Im not an expert by anymeans, but it sounds like you might have enough info.

The reason I say is I faxed in some similiar paperwork and some xrays and got preapproved. When I met with the doc the xrays didn't turn out at all. He just circled the key words/phrases (such as the one you have) signed it, and sent me on my way.

Fax it in and see what they have to say.

Faxed them off the other day, I sent 3 copies of the kind I posted a picture of along with the MRI report and the discharge paper. Now just waiting to hear back. I really hope it's enough for them. Looks like going back to that doctor to get a checkup for updated chart notes that show on going pain will cost $225 itself plus the $200 for the clinic to give me the rec then $100 for the application.

No wait! u dont need to go back to your old dr...you should be able to establish what you need to at the THCF appt, if you get one, which i think you probably will. knee pain sucks. good luck to you. and if they tell you that you need another MRI, tell them no way. the problem you have doesnt doesnt sound like it would spontaneously resolve itself...if anything, it would be worse i would think...

No wait! u dont need to go back to your old dr...you should be able to establish what you need to at the THCF appt, if you get one, which i think you probably will. knee pain sucks. good luck to you. and if they tell you that you need another MRI, tell them no way. the problem you have doesnt doesnt sound like it would spontaneously resolve itself...if anything, it would be worse i would think...

I was just saying if they don't accept the paperwork I sent because it doesn't list "chronic pain" directly on it because all the paperwork I sent is from 2 and a half years ago when the injury and the surgery were fresh, then I would have to go back to get it on the record that yes it really does still cause me pain.

The doctor who did the surgery told me it would never be 100% again (it's missing bone and cartilage so clearly), and that I will in all likely hood get arthritis pretty early in life. I really just want to find out what this pain is, it's not a normal "ow that hurts" pain it's this constant nagging sensation, I believe it's where the cartilage used to be. I wonder if it's some sort of neuropathic pain.

I agree dont go back to your dr. just get your records and go to a thc clinic, they will hook you up!

I was just saying if they don't accept the paperwork I sent because it doesn't list "chronic pain" directly on it because all the paperwork I sent is from 2 and a half years ago when the injury and the surgery were fresh, then I would have to go back to get it on the record that yes it really does still cause me pain.

The doctor who did the surgery told me it would never be 100% again (it's missing bone and cartilage so clearly), and that I will in all likely hood get arthritis pretty early in life. I really just want to find out what this pain is, it's not a normal "ow that hurts" pain it's this constant nagging sensation, I believe it's where the cartilage used to be. I wonder if it's some sort of neuropathic pain.

sorry for first post, I would def find out what is causing your pain, If you need to see your former dr. the one that recomended or did the surgery than most def go, you want to make sure your ok, and than you will be building records establishing chronic pain.

Good luck to you!

sorry for first post, I would def find out what is causing your pain, If you need to see your former dr. the one that recomended or did the surgery than most def go, you want to make sure your ok, and than you will be building records establishing chronic pain.

Good luck to you!

I told the doctor about the pain and he said it was normal. I just didn't think to ask him what the exact cause was.

I was told there is a clinic that is quicker, cheaper, and closer than THCF so I'm going to head over there, this doctor doesn't seem to only do MMJ recs so I will probably be able to get a more in depth exam on the problem.

Moss,

From the sounds of we have similiar symptoms. You shouldnt have any problems. Let us know how the call goes.

Moss,

From the sounds of we have similiar symptoms. You shouldnt have any problems. Let us know how the call goes.

Will do, I plan on heading out to the clinic another member told me about in the next few days, sadly I found out about it a day too late as I had just driven past it earlier that day and had no idea. Hopefully by the time THCF gets around to calling me my paperwork will already be sent off, if not it's nice knowing I already have another iron in the fire with them.

I have another question. When you submit your application you send a check or money order. I don't believe I have checks (debit card generation), so the way it looks is I have two options. 1. Cashiers check or 2. Money order. My concern is with a money order since it's prepaid I won't have a record of what day they cash it to count my days tell legal. However I'm assuming with the cashiers check from my bank I would? And I'm assuming they accept them since it says check not personal check.

I know this sounds stupid but I want to make sure I cross all the T's and dot all the I's so I don't get rejected on paperwork error. After all you know government bureaucracy.

While I'm asking stupid things, the pdf application is 4 pages. Do I send back all 4 pages including the instruction page and a blank caregiver page (I will be my own)? Or just fill out page 2, include a photocopy of my drivers license with the check and have the doctor fill out page 3?

I told the doctor about the pain and he said it was normal. I just didn't think to ask him what the exact cause was.

I was told there is a clinic that is quicker, cheaper, and closer than THCF so I'm going to head over there, this doctor doesn't seem to only do MMJ recs so I will probably be able to get a more in depth exam on the problem.

where are you located, are you in mid michigan or upper lower mi, I can tell you a dr. in gladwin that will take your records and build a patient dr. relationship with you and he beleives that more dr. should recomend mm, he is a foreigner but he told me these american dr.s act like they are in a dictator ship, he dont realy know if mm works but he says it is legal and they cant touch him for recomending it for me, he dont write a script for it, also he filled out his part and did not care if i got a c.g or not. im legal now,(plastic in hand) dont trust the paper work, you may get off of charges with them if you get arrested, but you will still have to go thru the proccess! been there done that, and im finished with the whole mess, only staying legal so i have a better defense, yes I am a qualifiying patient, I have been disabled since 98, I just am a little paranoid about the state knowing what im doing, id rather just stay underground, and will even though im legal, and now i will stay within the legal limits,,but that dont realy make me feel safe, yea I know I will get out of any legal issues as long as im within the law, but im tired!

Peace bob and tor, I cant even imagine what you two are going thru. well i can almost imagine, and i wish you the best, I believe you both will walk, i hope no fines, im sorry to say this but you prob will not get any of your stuff back, I didnt, they say they destroy the evidence after court or after they get the lab results, (that is what my court appt attny said) I want my pipes, and vape back, they gave me my loaded 22 long gun back, it was loaded and in my camper closet when they found it, I got that back and the bulletes the next day, but not my paraphanilial or smoke.

I have another question. When you submit your application you send a check or money order. I don't believe I have checks (debit card generation), so the way it looks is I have two options. 1. Cashiers check or 2. Money order. My concern is with a money order since it's prepaid I won't have a record of what day they cash it to count my days tell legal. However I'm assuming with the cashiers check from my bank I would? And I'm assuming they accept them since it says check not personal check.

I know this sounds stupid but I want to make sure I cross all the T's and dot all the I's so I don't get rejected on paperwork error. After all you know government bureaucracy.

While I'm asking stupid things, the pdf application is 4 pages. Do I send back all 4 pages including the instruction page and a blank caregiver page (I will be my own)? Or just fill out page 2, include a photocopy of my drivers license with the check and have the doctor fill out page 3?

If you have a checking acct you can get some temp checks from your bank for free, and than you can check your acct to see when check was cashed, and the bank can give you a photo copy of check cashed and date,

Just fill out your part and send them a copy of your drivers liscense or mi id, dont fill out the c.g paper work unless you want a c.g, you mark that you will possess your plants on your app, so realy all you send is your dr. recomendation, and your app, and all other info asked of you, shouldnt be a problem.

Peace!

I may have screwed myself though. I sent it certified and they asked if I wanted a return receipt just thinking extra proof it was sent would be good. However it has occurred to me that if the recipient has to sign it that's going to be a problem with a P.O. Box. I really hope this doesn't bite me in the donkey.

Archived