Ocean Forest And Clones

Stewedscrewed

Hello i just bought my first bag of ocean forest and am planing on transferring a few clones in the next day or so. Was wondering if any one has any recommendations for feeding i have all fox farm newts and a few other things, but with the amount of food in the soil i am a little worried about over feed. Any advice would be appreciated.

Let them get established. You don't necessarily want to feed young plants or clones.

When I'm planting into Coco Coir I use 1/4 strength (1 tsp. per gal. full strength)Alaska Fish Fertilizer to saturate the medium.

With soil, all you need is water. Distilled works best, although I've even used water straight from the tap. :o:lol:

I'm sure there are other ways with minor differences you can try. Let your plants establish before you start feeding them. Especially clones.

I run right by the chart start feedings at week 2 of growbig at 2 tsp along with bigbloom. You can let them go for a couple weeks then start them on week 3 feeding at 3 tsp of growbig as they'll be plenty big enough to handle the higher dose by then.. Oceanforest has nutes but not that maney and they suck it dry in no time so just follow the feeding chart and you'll be fine. I start my clones in oncean forset and just trans to bigger pots as they grow. I do add about 40% perlite to each bag of o/f and 2 tbls of lime to help ph.

Guest tschaf

I usually start my clones in jiffy organic seed starting soil because its not hot in half gallon pots. Then once noticeable growth is happening I transfer them to the 5 gal with either FFOF or roots organic.

Hello i just bought my first bag of ocean forest and am planing on transferring a few clones in the next day or so. Was wondering if any one has any recommendations for feeding i have all fox farm newts and a few other things, but with the amount of food in the soil i am a little worried about over feed. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hey Bud, I use ocean forest. This is a good soil. Be carefull adding nutes to clones. If you have good rooting you arent going to kill but if you experiment with nutes I guarantee that you will probably burn leaves. I have used it a year and burn leaves on clones sometimes. The best advice I can give to transfer is to just keep them in their humid enviroment, cup, celaphanes??? BUT THE REAL advice she has, is to use the cal mag suppliment. This is used in many situations for root growth. This may stop you from having yellowing and stunting from the transfer. I personally use it and you want things like IRON MAGNESIUM CALCIUM, these are in fertilizers but in comparison to n-p-k you want them to be dominant.This is important in fertalized soil. In fox ocean forest there is quite a bit of nutes, I wouldnt be worried about your bloom. Nitrogen is lacking compaerd to Miracle grow soils. But it is still hot as heck due to the mix.... Look for root growth if you use additives to this MIX

like someone already said.......i hope its not too late , but you need to add perlite to your ocean forest

simple soil mix---i use this all the time and its awesome

2 parts 0cean forest

1 part fox farm light warrior

1part perlite

i wait a week to ten days before i give any nutes after a transfer and always give quarter to half of fox farm schedule---u will nuke your plants if you give them the full strength---especially if u use the solubles

good luck

According to the people at Harry's, you can grow from seed to harvest without adding any nutrients and still have great results. For seeds and clones you may want to use 75% Ocean Forrest and 25% ProMix because Ocean Forrest is rather hot. However my last crop I used Ocean Forrest straight up and all of the seeds made it.

Archived