New Information Website Proposal

MPC

As a patient/caregiver and activist. I can tell you that it is very hard to get info on anything to do with MMM. Besides NORML,MMMA and a few others,I think it is really hard to get info on marches and rallies and who to support and any factual news and reports. To find info you pretty much have to search forums and blogs etc... I propose a basic information website that is dedicated to providing MICHIGANDERS with a basic layout of how to get involved and who to support. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions or support please email me>>>!!! www.info@miprocare.com Thank you

Great idea.

Further, it could also include a list of state representatives and state senators and where they stand on MM, or just a list of supporters or enemies of MM in the legislature. Even though Initiated Law 1 of 2008 passed with a 63% resounding victory in our state, I am amazed how many politicians do not support MM. If we want to improve our position we need friendly legislators on our side. Many of the people who voted for Michigan Medical Marijuana were not activists or proponents but compassionate voters who realized that we should have our medicine.

If the voters approve a "con-con" or Constitutional Convention in November 2010 we may be in for trouble. The "con-con" selects partisan reps who throw the state constitution out the window and start from scratch to re-write a new constitution. Medical Marijuana will be on the table, along with about just everything else.

Now, it appears there may be a Republican surge in November due to voter dissatisfaction with government. Do we want a conservative, Republican group of people messing with our law? Do we want to see our law flushed down the toilet?

Being able to access the email address' and maybe even phone numbers of gov reps would make it much more likely that people would make the contacts needed to possibly get pro-MMJ / cannabis passed... AND to keep anti-MMJ legislation from getting pushed through.

And ANYTHING that makes it easier for pro-MMJ / cannabis people to 'act' increases the odds of us 'keeping' our MMJ law as it is.

Can't tell you how many times I personally have tried to get info on Reps and legislative bills that needed support but by the time I heard about it and then found what was needed to make the contact the government had already acted.

But not being in any way a computer person... don't have a clue about setting it up.

Would be more than glad to contribute info to it, etc, to try and keep it up to date... possibly having the option on the list for people to add gov Reps names and other info could done.

Thanks again for the great ideas.

I was at the rally in Lansing yesterday and Rev Steve from MI NORML was one of the speakers there. He wants everyone to send any info on canidates to him to be posted up.

director@minorml.org

There will be something up and going soon on it because of many others that want this info and are willing to call and write to get it for others like me. I will be doing some checking in Jackson County and will be adding what I find to his collection of info on each county. Everything right down to the dog catcher if that is a postion that is up for grabs.

I was at the rally in Lansing yesterday and Rev Steve from MI NORML was one of the speakers there. He wants everyone to send any info on canidates to him to be posted up.

director@minorml.org

There will be something up and going soon on it because of many others that want this info and are willing to call and write to get it for others like me. I will be doing some checking in Jackson County and will be adding what I find to his collection of info on each county. Everything right down to the dog catcher if that is a postion that is up for grabs.

HC... thanks for the info... I'll do my best to contribute all I can.

If we don't do it no one else will.

Thanks again.

got thisbiggrin.gif The will of the people was clear when the ballot initiative passed by as

large of a margin as it did. I support the will of the people to allow

marijuana to be used for medicinal purposes only and the law should be

enforced as such.

Sincerely,

Virg i think August we need to vote then because who wins their will win in Nov http://www.votevirg.com/.

got thisbiggrin.gif The will of the people was clear when the ballot initiative passed by as

large of a margin as it did. I support the will of the people to allow

marijuana to be used for medicinal purposes only and the law should be

enforced as such.

Sincerely,

Virg i think August we need to vote then because who wins their will win in Nov http://www.votevirg.com/.

B&T... if Virg Bernero holds steady in his attitude toward MMJ rights and the 'law' he will have my vote come November... especially since to date no other pol has come any where NEAR wanting to touch on the subject.

Thanks.

director@minorml.org

I sent the reply I received from Mike Rogers to MINORML and have already received a reply. Yes, they are collecting this

information... everyone can lend a hand :D

Archived