Question About Changing Caregiver

cwb

do i have to wait for my card to get here before i change caregivers

No. I am a CG for a patient who switched to me last fall before his card came in the mail. He ended up getting his new patient card with the old CGs name on it a month or so before he got another card with my name on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Are we only allowed to have one caregiver? I can't find anything that pertains to the number of caregivers, but on the renewal application, section B, you can check one of two boxes. The first box says "Add/Change Caregiver". I translate that to mean that I can add one to the one I currently have. Am I wrong in assuming this? If we can have more than one, where can I verify this? Thanks in advance for any info.

Chickenfarmer,

You only get one caregiver at a time. The add caregiver part is for those who initially assigned no caregiver. If we could have all the caregivers we wanted I would charge people $100 to be added as my caregiver. I'd have hundreds.

Chickenfarmer,

You only get one caregiver at a time. The add caregiver part is for those who initially assigned no caregiver. If we could have all the caregivers we wanted I would charge people $100 to be added as my caregiver. I'd have hundreds.

OK...that makes more sense. Wow, I must have been medicated when I interpreted the meaning. Thanks a lot for clearing that up. I feel as if I should have figured that out on my own. :rolleyes: I was thinking that if we could have more than one, then maybe a max of 2 or something. Perhaps it was just wishful thinking... Peace

Archived