No More Caregivers?!?!

i heard from 2 dif people (both say they saw it on the news), that they arent approving anymore caregivers... the existing caregivers will be fine, but they're not letting any more people be caregivers. is this true?? why would they do that, and when is the cut off date? and if you're an existing caregiver, can you still take on other patients that are just applying?

I agree, why limit the number of caregivers. The state is making money from this program and this state like most needs the bucks. Sounds like a foundless rumor to me. Do you know the name of the news channel that supposedly broadcasted this bit of info?...Thanks....JQH

Not only do i have to agree with the fact that the state wont stop raking in the money hand over fist, but the number of patients is going to increase so due to the law only allowing one to care for five patients there would not be enough Cgs to deal with the demand. I think if this where to happen then we would be in trouble. It would be insane.

There is no truth to this rumor.The state cannot limit the number of caregivers or it would be in violation of Initiated Law 1 of 2008.

What could be done if they did try? (which they won't)

An attorney, representing a prospective caregiver, would go to Federal court and secure a Writ of Mandamus which would compel the state (mandate a public official, here the appropriate state official) to perform an act, i.e., approving all caregiver applications that qualify under the statute.

Now, some moron legislator might talk of this, but it would take an affirmative vote of 3/4's of the state legislature to change the caregiver portion of the law; or any section of the law. The state could not get 3/4's of its legislators to agree to honor Mother Theresa.

There is no truth to this rumor.The state cannot limit the number of caregivers or it would be in violation of Initiated Law 1 of 2008.

What could be done if they did try? (which they won't)

An attorney, representing a prospective caregiver, would go to Federal court and secure a Writ of Mandamus which would compel the state (mandate a public official, here the appropriate state official) to perform an act, i.e., approving all caregiver applications that qualify under the statute.

Now, some moron legislator might talk of this, but it would take an affirmative vote of 3/4's of the state legislature to change the caregiver portion of the law; or any section of the law. The state could not get 3/4's of its legislators to agree to honor Mother Theresa.

So what is up with someone joining the site and starting rumors like that?

I wish I knew an MM friendly lawyer who I could ask about these and other questions. When people make statements like "no more caregivers," or whatever, I wish they would post a link to the source.

Silverblue

I heard in California that they are leaning away from being caregivers. I guess in California they are saying to be a caregiver you have to provide additional care along with the medicine. I also hear a rumor that it is illegal to charge for it...You have to be taking care of a family member. I think that one is false.

yea but also there are alot of patients that grow for themselves. and heard that they're trying to get the dispensary thing going instead of a bunch of caregivers...

how do you think the dispencerys are getting there meds from caregivers and pateints with overages

Archived