Local Ordinances

Guest finallyfree09

Guest finallyfree09

two cities in osceola county are considering passing ordinances regarding mmj. rumor has it that they want to make these ordinances county wide.

it appears that the people pushing these ordinances want to create a registry, similar to a sex offender registry from what i have come to understand, so that all local officials will know who the growers and patients are to "protect" them from home invasion etc. they are also going to ban cultivation and distribution of mmj within the city limits. the 2 towns are reed city and evart.

can they actually do any of these things? can they force me to sign onto another registry to make my information public or is this all against the law?

any lawyers out there... PLEASE SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS FOR ME!!!

One thing that these townships and municipalities need to be reminded of is the fact that there are HIPPA laws that must be followed. It would be illegal for cities to require any lists of names of patients and or caregivers to be held by anyone other than the MDCH. It would also be a violation of state law to ban the growth of cannabis anywhere, other than within certain circumstances. There should be safe zones, within so many feet of schools or churches, where the public isn't exposed to grow operations. This is just my opinion, seeing that I'm no lawyer. The locals have got to realize that this law is designed to protect the medical community, not further embroil us in legal wrangling. Local laws and ordinances should not be more restrictive than state law.

Peace...j.b.

Guest finallyfree09

thanks for the responses everybody. i certainly hope they CAN'TT do all of the stuff that they are talking about because it sounds very intrusive to me. they even have plans to find out how many plants you are growing so that if you get robbed they will know if you are lying about how much was stolen. it all sounds very fishy to me. i will post more when i get some definitive proof as to what is going on.

Safe Zones! YES, I like that idea! Well ya know they always need an enemy and decided now it's us, they ignore the law, like so many do, and put more obstacles in our path. This is nothing new of course, it's the same old chit, different day. We need a safe zone, make us safe from THEM!

Silverblue

One thing that these townships and municipalities need to be reminded of is the fact that there are HIPPA laws that must be followed. It would be illegal for cities to require any lists of names of patients and or caregivers to be held by anyone other than the MDCH. It would also be a violation of state law to ban the growth of cannabis anywhere, other than within certain circumstances. There should be safe zones, within so many feet of schools or churches, where the public isn't exposed to grow operations. This is just my opinion, seeing that I'm no lawyer. The locals have got to realize that this law is designed to protect the medical community, not further embroil us in legal wrangling. Local laws and ordinances should not be more restrictive than state law.

Peace...j.b.

Yeah... the list thing sounds sketchy, well.. it wouldn't be illegal for them to ask us for our info.. but it's a different story if they obtain a list without our individual permission. I am also not a lawyer.. It seems kinda tough for them to out law in an entire city.. I don't think that work's.. I also believe that safe zones are absolutely necessary. If we didn't have that some idiot would grow and sell right next to a grade school. That is just wrong.. Good post.. keep us updated. Peace, Love, and Big Buds

Guest finallyfree09

Yeah... the list thing sounds sketchy, well.. it wouldn't be illegal for them to ask us for our info.. but it's a different story if they obtain a list without our individual permission. I am also not a lawyer.. It seems kinda tough for them to out law in an entire city.. I don't think that work's.. I also believe that safe zones are absolutely necessary. If we didn't have that some idiot would grow and sell right next to a grade school. That is just wrong.. Good post.. keep us updated. Peace, Love, and Big Buds

it DOES sound sketchy doesn't it?

i have a friend that has been privvy to the ramblings of one of the people on the board (whatever and wherever that is) and have heard some VERY strange things.

from what i understand they actually plan on BANNING, yes, BANNING the growth and distribution of mmj within city limits! :lol: i am no lawyer but i am pretty sure that they just CAN'T do that.

the part that worries me the most is this purported list that they want. they also want to know how many plants you will be growing. they say its for our protection but i don't believe it.

by the way... neither reed city or evart is very big. if any of you know where ortonville is and have been there i would say that these 2 towns combined are about the same size as ortonville.(grew up in ortonville). bunch of paranoid rednecks... i wish they would just leave us alone.

it DOES sound sketchy doesn't it?

i have a friend that has been privvy to the ramblings of one of the people on the board (whatever and wherever that is) and have heard some VERY strange things.

from what i understand they actually plan on BANNING, yes, BANNING the growth and distribution of mmj within city limits! laugh.gif i am no lawyer but i am pretty sure that they just CAN'T do that.

the part that worries me the most is this purported list that they want. they also want to know how many plants you will be growing. they say its for our protection but i don't believe it.

by the way... neither reed city or evart is very big. if any of you know where ortonville is and have been there i would say that these 2 towns combined are about the same size as ortonville.(grew up in ortonville). bunch of paranoid rednecks... i wish they would just leave us alone.

i wish they would just leave us alone.

thank you i have been saying that from day one when fox 2 news came to my house

We have come a long way in this great state of MI, but we have a long way to go...... I think I see the light at the end of this tunnel though... a tiny little speck of brilliant light. I give Bob and Torey a standing ovation as well all of the good, honest patients out there that have endured some terrible injustices. Karma... Mind, Body, and Soul.... If you live true and honest only good things can follow. Things have a tendency to work themselves out, and I hope for Bob and Torey's sake sooner rather than later. Peace, Love, and Big Buds

Archived