L.a. Orders 439 Medical Marijuana Dispensaries To Close

Kevin

L.A. orders 439 medical marijuana dispensaries to close.

http://www.latimes.c...ijuana-20100505,0,5755191.story

I'll say it again.. and again if I need to...... and again.

It is the 'local politicians' that will determine HOW our MMJ law is 'regulated' and controlled as much as it is the State and Federal pols.

We have to find the pols that are 'least' harmful to our MMJ law and VOTE them in.

Thanks for the post, Kevin.

I'll say it again.. and again if I need to...... and again.

It is the 'local politicians' that will determine HOW our MMJ law is 'regulated' and controlled as much as it is the State and Federal pols.

We have to find the pols that are 'least' harmful to our MMJ law and VOTE them in.

Thanks for the post, Kevin.

Yeah, what he said... Pols.... It's all about the Pols!!! :PSmoke the vote!!

Lost The Link...

Maybe it got moved...Found the Article

L.A. orders 439 medical marijuana dispensaries to close

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/may/05/local/la-me-0505-medical-marijuana-20100505

Yep

Just thinking about that late last night...its amazing these ordinaces and local community committees

And they can change things for thier community...which well they should

If people of that community dont wake up and change it...Some committee will make up the rules where you live

I think its great communities decide how they want their environment look like

Its the responsiblitiy of everyone effected to participate and get in their face if you dont like it

Yep these committes and association committees are powerful within small communities

They are also the easier to fight than the state or federal...

But its up to the community...If they really dont want it...That's gonna be the rule

Like Fed vs State...states should decide

State makes a law...community and county dont like...They decide how to deal with it

People decide...but if there is no voice of the community ...some group of 15 committee members might just decide for you...I hate committes

Get up ..Stand up ...For your Freedom!

LA will be intense I think...There will be thoughs that just ignore it...challange it in court...but youre up against the county

I dont know how many dispenseries there are in LA ...439 might not be that many!lol!

The Los Angeles Police Department cased the city to try to find every dispensary. Estimates from city officials and medical marijuana activists had ranged as high as 1,000. But Capt. Kevin McCarthy, who heads the LAPD's Gangs and Narcotics Division, said, "We came up with less than 600, which is good."

I think Dispenseries are Great...One more step towards Legalization

Start acting like human beings ... :D

Yeah, what he said... Pols.... It's all about the Pols!!! tongue.gifSmoke the vote!!

The will of the people was clear when the ballot initiative passed by as

large of a margin as it did. I support the will of the people to allow

marijuana to be used for medicinal purposes only and the law should be

enforced as such.

Sincerely,

Virg

Yeah...I think the people spoke in 2008

Its just one of the pitfalls is assuming its a slam dunk everywhere

There are these committes...ordinace making local governing bodies

ANd I think its great for people to be able to decide what goes on in their communities

The problem is ...this is marijuana

And of course these committes are going have a problem with it

Its going to require a local fight for Liberty in these communities

I think...Hit them hard when they try this stuff... its creeped in

Hit them hard and they dont try it else where...hit em with ACLU lawsuits

Hit em with something offical...and get in their face locally

But there has been alot going on...and this is a huge state

15 people decide the law for everyone in an area...Its really stupid

They do have a right to use ordinaces but if they violate state law in the process thats where the people need to step in...with heavy MMMA backing and ACLU backing

Personally I beleive these things should not be underestimated...and gone after hard the first time...

ALso... these things can be set-up in our favor to allow dispenseries in certain zones and get a premptive policy in place that helps MMJ and stablized things before they get started

Committes...can be mindless

It dosent mean they arent dangerous

I think I might not be understanding this...

So LA had some dispensaries... then they passed a deal saying no new dispensaries. A whole buttload of dispensaries set up shop anyway. After a while, locals complained about the dispensaries, and now LA is trying to shut down the dispensaries that didn't have permission to set up in the first place? And the dispensaries that knew full well that they should not set up shop in the first place are fighting back to stay put?

Am I getting that right?

I think I might not be understanding this...

So LA had some dispensaries... then they passed a deal saying no new dispensaries. A whole buttload of dispensaries set up shop anyway. After a while, locals complained about the dispensaries, and now LA is trying to shut down the dispensaries that didn't have permission to set up in the first place? And the dispensaries that knew full well that they should not set up shop in the first place are fighting back to stay put?

Am I getting that right?

I am surprised anyone is surprised by this behavior.

I'm not sure if I should be surprised or not, that's why I was asking to be clear on the situation.

If any business opens without or against the approval of a city, it's pretty normal that it gets shut down, even if it does take some time to do it. I don't think what product or service they are selling would have as much to do with it as them not having permission to operate in the first place. It's like if a city stated no more moving hot dog stands in town, then 50 new stands appeared. It may take the people complaining about those stands a while before their complaints force the city to go track those non-approved stands, but they eventually will, and shut them down.

That's how I'm reading the LA dispensaries.. City said no more new ones, new ones opened, LA is finally getting around to shutting them back down again.

I'm all for legalization everywhere, and it would be great if there were dispensaries in every city. But if they can't follow the rules, then no, they shouldn't be running any more than any other business not following the rules. At that point it's sort of like, we will sell pot anywhere, anytime, even if it's not legal- and that's kind of counterproductive to everyone fighting to impress that pot can be done legally. If they have followed the rules, then yes, they should fight tooth and nail to keep their business open, and I would be surprised if they were not allowed to do so.

• 3 months later...

Archived