Rehydrating Buds

Kingdiamond

Ok i overdried my blueberry harvest somehow and i can get back to the old site where Ian ran down his way of rehydrating bud and getting it ready for the jars .

What do other patients/caregivers do when this happens currently i have some celery in a tupperware bowl trying to fluff up the outer part of the buds the inside still smells sweet and fruity so im pretty sure its not a lost cause (yet). :blink:

Dry all the way through? Have they been in jars at all? A jar will pull the moisture out of the center.

I thought they were fully dry so they were placed in jars for 2 days then all the blueberry jars reeked of hay but i can press the buds and still smell fresh sweet blueberry but the outer ridges are overdried with the hay smell.

Im off to pull some shade leafs to add to the box to see if that helps .

What I do, in this situation, if they are only crispy on the outside, leave them in the jars and 2 - 3 times a day, open the jars to allow them to breathe (aka burping). I also blow into the jars, to add some CO2 when the jars are ready to be closed back up.

If the buds are dry all the way through, add a lettuce leaf overnight, that will rehydrate the buds without imparting the taste of celery to your buds. Lettuce is pretty neutral, odor wise, where celery is quite odorific and distinct. After rehydration it is necessary to start burping your jars again.

Drying and curing, IMHO, are two of the most important steps in the grow process. All to often I've seen folks grow out some very nice herb, only to ruin it by not following the SLOW route in drying and curing...I will smoke no herb before it is properly finished, unless of course I'm totally out of properly cured product...then it's catch as catch can...lol...

Check out Jorge's "Bible" to learn the proper cure and dry methods...usually this book will answer about any question, if you are willing to dig out the answers...Peace...j.b.

What I do, in this situation, if they are only crispy on the outside, leave them in the jars and 2 - 3 times a day, open the jars to allow them to breathe (aka burping). I also blow into the jars, to add some CO2 when the jars are ready to be closed back up.

If the buds are dry all the way through, add a lettuce leaf overnight, that will rehydrate the buds without imparting the taste of celery to your buds. Lettuce is pretty neutral, odor wise, where celery is quite odorific and distinct. After rehydration it is necessary to start burping your jars again.

Yep... Spot On!! Peace and good luck B)

Archived