Lein & Mdch Proof

What is needed here are alternatives, not complaints. If you can't show ways to fix the problem, then complaining about it only adds to the problem. The program, as it is set up today, can and will protect the patients and caregivers from being arrested on a Friday nite and them having to sit in jail til Monday morning, as long as law enforcement plays by the rules. (And isn't that always the sticking point?) What more can we ask of the system? What are the alternatives? Nothing in the letter above indicates that popo has carte blanche with the list. The MDCH is within the law with what they are doing, so long as they police the list for abuses and take action when and if those abuses occur...

Here's a serious answer.

The police just have to learn to trust the public. If they see a card they just have to trust that it's OK.

Otherwise they propose to put in jail thousands of valid people just in case one is a forged document.

Give me a little time, I have connections and may be able to find out if its just a yes or no answer or full disclosure of info. This greatly upsets me at the thought of being an elected official and having my local PD find out I use MM whether I'm legal or not. I don't disclose my medical records to the local PD and this is no different..................... No actually I'm really pissed about this!

Better learn about the HIPAA laws then. At least one Sheriff in Michigan is asking for Medical Marijuana sanctioned caregivers and patients to call their department to inform them that they are state sanctioned. This way there would not be these egregious raids being performed in the manner of a criminal drug dealer based off a tip by the DEA or something like that. Sheriff's are in the need to know, so let's break down the fear or apprehension for working closely with Law Enforcement Agencies, and in doing so thoroughly assert our Medical Marijuana legality.

Edited 09-17-2010 to Add: Just saying that clearing up the MMMA with law enforcement is a good route ahead. When may those covered under the MMMA, or stated this way under what conditions and circumstances clearly defined and outlined, would those covered feel confident, safe and at ease? Perhaps (And I sure don't work nor have a stake in supporting law enforcement) some cooperative negotiations must ensue to iron out these differences? Isn't this mediation of a sort? Much cannot be solved with buttressing war forts in ardent defiance and opposition. Clearly some rationality must speak to iron the pros and cons of the MMMA for all involved and affected. No? This isn't a divine piece of law from heaven you know, and this movement is a creature continuing to evolve. Oh bunny muffin, now I sound like a Darwinist. Anyway, see any part of that you can agree with '-1' er?

• 3 weeks later...

What ever happened to "Innocent till proven guilty?" It seems like so many laws say one thing but in practice do the opposite, which comes out for us as, "we're guilty till proven innocent." I've mentioned this before somewhere around this site.

Sb

This is the saddest world I could never have imagined. When I was young I was taught about how government works or rather is supposed to work and how the police are supposed to protect us, etc., then I grow up and find my whole belief system turned upside down by people who do the opposite of what I believed in. If anyone knows "The Logical Song" by Supertramp, it sums up a lot of feelings, how life seems so magical when we're young, then we learn about the world and how we're supposed to be, then we get labeled for how we are, and wonder who we are after all that. My life wasn't very magical but I still believed there was hope.

It really surprised me to find out about all the problems being legal with MM has caused but I think people should be careful how they handle the situation, even though we have a right to complain. The law is still very fragile and people are still getting used to it. Complaining can be good but we should also offer solutions and if they aren't listening then find someone who will who can do something about it.

There should be a way to know that someone is legal. I think as soon as they're approved that info should be put in a proper place, maybe it'd be good to inform LEO so as soon as there's any questions they can get the answer. I like the 800 idea, too.

Sb

Archived