Lein & Mdch Proof

And I am telling you now. MDCH IS working on linking up with SOS so they can put your DL picture on your MM card. The problem is when linked any LEO pulling you over for any reason can tell you have a MM card. Can you say OWI?

This will also protect LEO from laws governing the LEIN system. Neat aint it?

Umm . . .

NOW can we ALL agree to file an 83 county-wide Civil/Criminal Tresspass Injunction?!?!

Platinum Star Quality Post!

Thanks for the Worthy Info!

Be Free!

Thanks it was hard to get but worth it.

PB here is the proof you wanted.

Hi John .. I got that a couple of months ago.

Not quite what I was looking for. It's not clear in that memo if a doorway into the MDCH had been made or if the entire database was handed over to the MSP.

With a doorway, the information stays at the MDCH. Only a "yes" or "no" would be generated by the DCH computer and sent to the LEIN computer. That single "yes" or "no" would then be sent to the officer.

It is questionable about it being legal for the DCH computer to give the information to another computer instead of an officer. That would be the LEIN system.

However .. if the DCH gave the entire list to the MSP, then someone (indeed, several people) NEED to be going to jail.

I should come as no surprise, that the medical marijuana community does not trust our government.

Near the end of the memo, it says

rule 333-121 states that all information maintained by the Michigan Medical Marijuana program "is confidential and not subject to disclosure in any form or manner."

Interesting that the MDCH is quoted. The rules about the MDCH are being generated BY the MDCH here.

What it should say here is something like "sharing any of the information contained within the MDCH database by any employee of the state, with very limited exceptions, is a criminal matter. This is a crime that only employees of the state can be charged with and convicted of."

John,

It looks like they can only query if a card number is valid, then they can query if the name on the card matches the name in the system. They would need to know your card number before putting it in the system.and then they would need the name to go with the card number. A simple traffic stop would not give them the info that you were a patient unless you provided them that information.

My concern would be that if you were stopped and the officer suspected you had marijuana (smelled it, you looked stoned ect.) and you provided the card. Next time you get stopped it will show that you are a cardholder.

Hi John .. I got that a couple of months ago.

Not quite what I was looking for. It's not clear in that memo if a doorway into the MDCH had been made or if the entire database was handed over to the MSP.

With a doorway, the information stays at the MDCH. Only a "yes" or "no" would be generated by the DCH computer and sent to the LEIN computer. That single "yes" or "no" would then be sent to the officer.

It is questionable about it being legal for the DCH computer to give the information to another computer instead of an officer. That would be the LEIN system.

However .. if the DCH gave the entire list to the MSP, then someone (indeed, several people) NEED to be going to jail.

I should come as no surprise, that the medical marijuana community does not trust our government.

Near the end of the memo, it says

Interesting that the MDCH is quoted. The rules about the MDCH are being generated BY the MDCH here.

What it should say here is something like "sharing any of the information contained within the MDCH database by any employee of the state, with very limited exceptions, is a criminal matter. This is a crime that only employees of the state can be charged with and convicted of."

Give me a little time, I have connections and may be able to find out if its just a yes or no answer or full disclosure of info. This greatly upsets me at the thought of being an elected official and having my local PD find out I use MM whether I'm legal or not. I don't disclose my medical records to the local PD and this is no different..................... No actually I'm really pissed about this!

Give me a little time, I have connections and may be able to find out if its just a yes or no answer or full disclosure of info. This greatly upsets me at the thought of being an elected official and having my local PD find out I use MM whether I'm legal or not. I don't disclose my medical records to the local PD and this is no different..................... No actually I'm really pissed about this!

Well .. the officer would get just the yes/no answer. I'm thinking that the MDCH might be handing the entire db file to someone with the LEIN program.

LEIN might have the complete set of information. That would be the crime.

Retained information would be another issue. related.

Let me check what they have access to now and I will try to find out what's up and just who has the list and who may get the list. I'm not bullshitting anyone when I tell you I'm a well known local politician and......you know the rest. Even I don't trust my own kind!

Let me check what they have access to now and I will try to find out what's up and just who has the list and who may get the list. I'm not bullshitting anyone when I tell you I'm a well known local politician and......you know the rest. Even I don't trust my own kind!

420Peace Dizledot

"Even I don"t trust my own kind"

You sound like the kind of pol I could support!

I understand the ramifications.

However, don't break any laws to give them a reason to pull you over.

Don't drive around with expired tags.

Don't speed. The list could go on and on...

But, if you are pulled over - be respectful and know your rights.

Happy Saturday!

Mizerman :)

i belive there was something abought this on the app i filed out when i got my patients licence it was a check yes or no kinda deal, if the leo wouldnt abuse it then it could be a usefull tool when even a caregiver or a dispencery could go to that www.leo.gov give that reg# and find out if that patient is valid or not drivers licences can be forged im sure these can too but i see alot of negitives too leo using this info to there advatage but if they have to have the reg# first and it only tells if the card is valid or not why are people so upset?

So far, all I've seen are complaints about the current methods that the MDCH and Leo are using. These are the methods that the people of Michigan voted into effect with Prop. 1. The MDCH is responsible for maintaining the list, and for policing the police to ensure that they do not abuse the list in any manner. The police are not aloud to use the list for "fishing expeditions", randomly entering patient/caregiver card numbers to see if they can ascertain any information in that manner.

What is needed here are alternatives, not complaints. If you can't show ways to fix the problem, then complaining about it only adds to the problem. The program, as it is set up today, can and will protect the patients and caregivers from being arrested on a Friday nite and them having to sit in jail til Monday morning, as long as law enforcement plays by the rules. (And isn't that always the sticking point?) What more can we ask of the system? What are the alternatives? Nothing in the letter above indicates that popo has carte blanche with the list. The MDCH is within the law with what they are doing, so long as they police the list for abuses and take action when and if those abuses occur...

Peace...j.b.

I don't want to spend a weekend in jail any more than the next person. My personal medical info, prescriptions etc., is not assessable to LEO and I feel that MM is my personal medical info as well. I think if one has a card then that should suffice. If we have papers then we should be allowed to privately take them to the PA and show the PA on the next business day to ascertain whether those papers are legal or not and have the PA make the phone call or LIEN inquiry. Its not my fault the state is so making whoopee SLOW at everything they do. LEO doesn't need my personal medical info and ....yes they do GO FISHIN for info just because they can. I've watched them pull up info on their neighbors, family members and friends. Yes its illegal for them to do so but unless they get caught it goes on every day and very few get caught.

Dizz

I am still waiting for a return call.

Dizz

"I've watched them pull up info on their neighbors, family members and friends"

agree, they check out girls they wanna date this way too, that was told to me by a state cop...

total BS!

I don't think any abuse of this list is tolerable, justbudz. And I think the majority of posters on this thread are trying to be proactive, not reactive.

OK, had my friend run my name and nothing came back on me through LIEN. He told me that at this time they do not access to any list and have to call to verify verbally whether a person is a MM patient, care giver or check to see if paperwork / card is forged. He also told me thats not to say that some time in the near future there could be the possibility of adding "The List" to the LIEN database in order to prevent legal persons from being held over until they can make contact to verify validity. But for now as of last night LIEN did not pick my name up as a MM card holder.

Now I do like that 800 number suggestion made by master.caregiver with a yes or no response. It would save someone from spending time in lock up waiting for an office to open the morning.

Dizz

I totally agree with you Christina, there should be no abuse of this "so called" list. I also don't see any proof that such a "list" is in existence. I am not defending popo here folks, I am trying to calm some fears that such a list even exists. This would be a serious breach of our sovereign rights, as granted by both the constitution and by the HIPPA laws. I just cannot see MDCH making such a breach of our trust. Maybe I live in some sort of "wonderland" where such would be unconsionable, but I just cannot see this happening...j.b.

"I've watched them pull up info on their neighbors, family members and friends"

agree, they check out girls they wanna date this way too, that was told to me by a state cop...

total BS!

I don't think any abuse of this list is tolerable, justbudz. And I think the majority of posters on this thread are trying to be proactive, not reactive.

What is needed here are alternatives, not complaints. If you can't show ways to fix the problem, then complaining about it only adds to the problem. The program, as it is set up today, can and will protect the patients and caregivers from being arrested on a Friday nite and them having to sit in jail til Monday morning, as long as law enforcement plays by the rules. (And isn't that always the sticking point?) What more can we ask of the system? What are the alternatives?

Hi Doug.

OK .. the thing about Friday until Monday. The logic is that the ID card might be forged. So the person is held until it can be determined if the card is valid or not.

IS THERE ANY OTHER KIND OF ID THEY DO THAT WITH????? Please tell me so I know about it.

I think the drivers license is covered .. any other kinds of ID they would keep you in jail for "just in case?"

How much do you trust our government? That every action they take has your best interests in mind?

Not many of us have much trust left.

Our new law invented a brand new crime. That crime shows the public's view about state officials.

See this new crime can only be committed by an employee of the state. kinda upside down from normal. Many times state employees are viewed as being exempt from the law.

Example: The people that break down your door and take everything of value they can grab. Everyone goes to jail for a very long time .. unless you have a badge. Then it's OK.

Speed limit is 70 .. unless you got a flashing light .. etc.

Well for this crime you have to be employed by the state to commit it .. cool.

So the question for me isn't "is this a good idea to allow the state police access to the list?" My question is "who is going to jail?"

Now I could be very wrong. But I'm under the impression that the entire list already got handed to the state police. That way it is easier to search, 24/7, for that ID number. Just to make it a little easier.

If that has taken place, then that brand new crime has been committed. Who is going to jail for it? The data trail should be easy to follow.

BTW each person in the chain that passed the information would have committed that same crime. As long as they were employees of the state also.

Archived