Officers Enter Wrong House In Drug Raid

Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010 10:05 am

By Amy Sherrill

TIMES RECORD • ASHERRILL@SWTIMES.COM

Drug investigators entered the wrong house while trying to serve a search warrant last week.

Investigators from the Sebastian County Sheriff's Office, the 12th/21st Judicial Drug Task Force and the Barling Police Department had the homeowners handcuffed by the time they realized the mistake, said Capt. Kevin Nickson.

All the paperwork for the search warrant was correct, said Prosecuting Attorney Dan Shue.

The night-time search warrant was to be executed at a Holly Avenue residence, according to court records.

Instead, authorities entered another home on Holly Avenue where a man, woman and baby who are "law-abiding citizens" live, authorities said.

Authorities said the door to the residence was unlocked, and they opened it and walked in.

Investigator Cpl. Anthony Sacco was out checking the address on the mailbox as other investigators entered the house. Once inside, Sacco alerted Nickson, who also was there, about the mistake.

The man and woman were not arrested and handcuffs were taken off them. A baby was also present, but was asleep the entire time.

"You can't apologize enough for a screwup like that," Nickson said.

While it was a Drug Task Force case, the majority of law enforcement officers were from the Sheriff's Office.

The protocol normally followed before executing a search warrant calls for investigators to scout out the location prior to the search. That was not done in this case.

"That's the kind of mistakes we can't afford to make," Nickson said.

Investigators later served the search warrant on a nearby house, where they arrested three people and recovered marijuana from the residence, said Nickson.

My commentary

Three days in a row now. When will our elected officials concede that these goon squads need to be shut down.

Most puzzling about these 'Marijuana' cases is why they insist on treating it as the most evil sustance known.

Then invade your paid for private personal space (Taxed, zoned, Paid for ) with the intent to incarcerate you at the most inconvenient time with the least possible witnesses - Shock Techniques used by Nazi Storm Troopers and other UNcivilized Authorities.

For smoking Weeds? Tell me they aren't for real. This is NOT the same USA I was born into, truly the biggest changes happening during my lifetime came during these times. 1963 - 1973 Starting with the Assasination of JFK, and the subsequent election of Tricky Dick, Richard Milhouse Nixon, think about it, this was the man responsible for the controlled substance act, the end of the Vietnam War, the formation of the DEA, and the first ever war on the citizens of this country(***Commencing with the 4 Dead In OhiO!!!!***). A kind of UNcivil War Called the War on Drugs. His predecessor from Michigan not only pardoned this cRook, he helped solidify many of Nixons policies with the power he wielded as the top Republican Congressman of the times, Gerald Ford. angry.gif

ps. (!!!!***) Couple more brain cells kicking in, No really this is true.

This must have been premeditated, as no military should give live ammo to use on Students.? Commander in Chief and Chief Executioner in Command, ("I am not a crook")...RMNixon!

Brad, they're all thugs. They watched me throughout the winter, forced me to lay low and made my life hell until I finished my suit against SSCENT this May. They know I'm legal in every way, them and TNT. LEO will never enter my property again. If they do, it will make the news. I'm done playing nice.

Brad, they're all thugs. They watched me throughout the winter, forced me to lay low and made my life hell until I finished my suit against SSCENT this May. They know I'm legal in every way, them and TNT. LEO will never enter my property again. If they do, it will make the news. I'm done playing nice.

Scooter,

Glad to see you back and posting. I kinda miss seeing input from some who lives in this neck of the woods and who has been through the poo-poo you have endured. Hope all is well.

Archived