Do You Trust Your Caregiver?

I am thinking that sometimes maybe my medicine is a little short on the weight, and I am looking to purchase some scales to protect my investment. I am hoping for some input as to where to get good scales that can be used for weighing meds and also for sending mail/packages.

Also, how many of you guys weigh your meds after getting home?

Thanks for your input in advance!

Bisharoo

I am thinking that sometimes maybe my medicine is a little short on the weight, and I am looking to purchase some scales to protect my investment. I am hoping for some input as to where to get good scales that can be used for weighing meds and also for sending mail/packages.

Also, how many of you guys weigh your meds after getting home?

Thanks for your input in advance!

Bisharoo

if you can't trust your caregiver then why is he or she

your caregiver?

I may be wrong but I just want to know for sure that everything is legit. As you all know there is no good mechanism to find a caregiver, and so far the caregiver is fine but as I am eyeballing things they just seem a bit small. This is why I feel the need to check for myself to really know everything is accurate.

Thanks also for the advice on where to get scales.

You guys are very helpful!!

Bisharoo

When it comes to scales you get what you pay for!

Buy a piece of crap for 25 bucks and replace it a couple times a year

or buy a Tanita or Ohaus digital on Ebay and have a great accurate scale

that will last forever for well under $100

You get what you pay for and cheap scales do not stay calibrated.

As a patient with plants for a year now, I mastered growing in soil, and now I do DWC as in Bubbleponics. It has been a wonderful journey. I now grow for one other person. I make sure he is not cheated as some weight will drop when it is still a little "wet" inside if the buds are tight. So I always let him stand with me as I weigh it out and I give an extra gram. My patient comes first, so now he gets his and then I take the left overs. I supply 2 ounces a month to him at $250 for the first and then next is free and so on. That way he pays $125 an ounce but I get my $ up front to pay the dang electric bill. After that I have no profit as I have to buy more nutrients and supplies. So having one patient is not making money but a wonderful experience of helping another person in need. One more patient and then perhaps there will be an egg nest made. I would never cheat my patient. That is way out of the trust that a patient and caregiver should have. If you gotta weigh it and it comes up short, well hey mention it next time and bring your own scales. Love thy neighbor.

Well, sometimes I feel that my caregiver doesn't quite have that same level of caring that you have Wolfgama. You sound like you have the correct spirit about you concerning these matters, and we should all think of ways to treat each other better all the time! Thanks for sharing your positive outlook!!

Trust is a major issue when it comes to this.... If your really worried, ask your caregiver to start weighing it out in front of you. It seems like a disappointing situation though, if your generally worried/nervous that someone you signed up to help you is trying to rip you off, then maybe its time for a change. Granted, mistakes can be made, a nug can roll off the table, could of grabbed the wrong bag, but if it something that your consistently worried about it, then your on the right track. I would start reweighing it and see what things are actually weighing out to. If there is only a tiny discrepancy, perhaps you should leave your own scale out one day when your CG comes over. Without saying the words, its a simple way of letting them know that you have a scale, and your not afraid to use it! Some people may take offense to you reweighing things, but mistakes do happen. I personally dont have a problem if someone wants to double check, because i'm the same way. I always like to double check things. Not because of a trust thing, but just because. Nothing wrong with making sure things are done right.

When it comes to scales you get what you pay for!

Buy a piece of crap for 25 bucks and replace it a couple times a year

or buy a Tanita or Ohaus digital on Ebay and have a great accurate scale

that will last forever for well under $100

You get what you pay for and cheap scales do not stay calibrated.

Exactly...I bought a scale from Harbor Freight a few years back and it was off right out of the box by - 0.7 grams.

To calibrate it you needed a 600 gram weight to place on the scale during the calibration sequence.

I bought an OHAUS the next week and still have it and you can place a dollar bill on it and it'll read 1.0gm still and I have never had it calibrated.

If you leave them in one spot and don't drop anything heavy on it they should stay in calibration for a very long time. Mine is a corded model and has been in the same spot for three years.

here ya go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMW-Blade-1000-Digital-Pocket-Gram-Scale-1000-x-0-1g-/360238282011?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53dfdff51b#ht_2916wt_913

i got mine for 12 bucks since i bid on it, instead of doing buy it now.

had it for over 2 years now. never been off weight. takes AAA batteries so no searching for watch batts. which is a plus for sure.

Thanks for all the tips on the scales you guys! As far as the trust thing, I just realized that I need scales just to make sure I am within the law and 2.5 oz's or less at one time. Well, I just appreciate you all being there.

Archived