Guerilla Season

Dbyrd

So I have decided to do a small guerilla grow. I tried a few weeks ago and the darn ants ate everything. Also last time I chose to not germinate. Just today I got good soil and filled plastic cups with it. 6 cups, 6 germinated seeds. See where I'm goin with this? Anyways I have the cups outside and when they get bigger I plan out removing them from the cups via cut the side of the cup. Then place them into the ground. I did put drain holes in the cups. My questions, what do I do about the ants? Is this a good method? I put Hunan hair around the area to keep away animals.

Growing outside is illegal so I myself do not even think this should be talked about here

as we are here to support and promote the legal use and growth of Medical Cannabis.

I do hope someday we will be able to grow outside here

Now I am sure someone whose not as big of a jerk as I am will be in shortly to help you.

Ah yes I do know that it is illegal and I wasn't sure if it was innapropriate to post here. I do not think you are a jerk at all. You stay within the laws and that's great! I would not be doing this if I did have my card. But thank you anyways! I'm sorry if I upset anyone with this post.

So I have decided to do a small Gunilla grow. I tried a few weeks ago and the darn ants ate everything. Also last time I chose to not germinate. Just today I got good soil and filled plastic cups with it. 6 cups, 6 germinated seeds. See where I'm going with this? Anyways I have the cups outside and when they get bigger I plan out removing them from the cups via cut the side of the cup. Then place them into the ground. I did put drain holes in the cups. My questions, what do I do about the ants? Is this a good method? I put Human hair around the area to keep away animals.

i would use red pepper but thats me and i would not Gorilla grow i have a card now and don't want to take any chances Peace

i would use red pepper but thats me and i would not Gorilla grow i have a card now and don't want to take any chances Peace

Thank you. I don't like breaking the law but who here didn't before we got medical here?

if it is possible, a quick and cheap fix would be to get a few CFL bulbs. put the plants outside during the day and bring them in at night and put them under the flouros. this way they have a longer daily veg period and therefore a faster growth rate. with a little luck and some care, in a couple weeks you will have 6 plants large enough to withstand the conditions. at this time you can plant permanently outdoors. hopefully by then the moisture will be down, and therefore some of the pesky pests as well.

just how i would do it if i didnt have any indoor grow materials.

here's a link to some bulbs. you wanna look for 6500k.

cfl bulbs

Haven't had trouble with ants yet, but I had slugs eat my entire crop in my last outdoor grow, when they were about 2 feet tall in late June. I was planning on using diatomaceous earth, epsom salts, or copper rings to keep them away next time. Not worried about it now, though, since I'm indoors and legal (yahoo!).

Anway, would simple ant traps work? Also, I never put plants out till they were 12" tall or so, with 6 or so nodes and branches starting. I heard some people put out babies, but they just seem too delicate to me.

Guest thequietone

I don't know, but I've heard you can put a ring of cinnamon around the plants. Not that I would know, ;) just what I've heard.

• 3 months later...

Archived