Tents

holistic herb

Depends on what kind of lights your using , How big your gonna grow your 24 plants etc, My plants take up 3x3 feet each , big bushes and 6-7 feet tall . But some grow smaller and some grow taller etc . Another thing to remember is you can get 1-2 pounds with 2-6 plants easily with a 1k light.Its just all in how you grow .

I have 8 plants in a 5 x 5 tent (secert jardin dr150 ... GREAT TENT)

I have 2 600 watt digital ballast air cooled hoods.

I could not fit another plant in there right now.

This size needs a min of 1000 watts. With my 2

600 watt i have full coverage of the whole area.

plan for good air exchange and get a small heater with a

controller to run at lights out so humidity does not spike.

also with negitive pressure in the tent there is no odor... until

you stick your head in tghe tent and it smells great

Homebox XXL 4'x8'x7' 2000w HPS air-cooled with 424cfm fan. Can fan on carbon filter constantly pulling air out of tent. I would put 18 plants in it maximum. No reason to go with plants smaller than that.

424cfm's won't cool 2000 watts. Especially in a tent. I'd drop one of those lights or kick the fan size up a bit...

424cfm's won't cool 2000 watts. Especially in a tent. I'd drop one of those lights or kick the fan size up a bit...

You might be right. I am currently using only half the tent with a single 1000. It's so cool with one light that I think it could handle it, though. I guess I'll let you know when I add another light. In this setup air is being pulled from outside the tent, by the way. The filter is on a separate fan. When I ran the filter in front of the hood it was way hotter.

starting our first grow..any recommendations on tents - brand, size for up to 24 plants? any other tips for my start would be greatly appreciated! thanks

For 24 you will need a large tent..

Be careful as there are a lot of cheap tents out there, Made from pvc & the like. I'd get a name brand tent. Most hydro stores only carry good ones with a warranty. Most will say if they can accept 1000w or not. (I can't imagine 2k in a tent.) I run 600 in a 5x5. At times I Still Have issues.

In the basement. Give the tent a buffer zone between block wall or you may have condensation issues even with proper ventilation.

Environmental controls are everything. they cut down on the workload and provide piece of mind..........

If you grow in dirt consider some kind of tray/ drain system or you'll be moving plants & drying trays every time you feed.

some of what I've learned, hope it helps................:)

For 24 you will need a large tent..

Be careful as there are a lot of cheap tents out there. Made from pvc & the like. Most will say if they can accept 1000w or not. (I can't imagine 2k in a tent.) I run 600 in a 5x5. At times I Still Have issues.

1000 in 4'x4' has been great. 62.5 watts per square foot - excellent! No heat problems whatsoever in my tent. Can't wait to expand with another light. It definitely helps being in the basement.

You might be right. I am currently using only half the tent with a single 1000. It's so cool with one light that I think it could handle it, though. I guess I'll let you know when I add another light. In this setup air is being pulled from outside the tent, by the way. The filter is on a separate fan. When I ran the filter in front of the hood it was way hotter.

Can you go into more detail on your setup Mezz? I'm runnin' a 1000 on one half of the side of a large tent as well. It's a jungle and the ladies love it! :D

I'm still running that open reflector though so I still have heat issues.

Can you go into more detail on your setup Mezz? I'm runnin' a 1000 on one half of the side of a large tent as well. It's a jungle and the ladies love it! :D

I'm still running that open reflector though so I still have heat issues.

Get an air-cooled hood! You will love it. 5" from the glass I can barely feel heat on my hand.

Yah running 1kw lamps without enclosed reflectors is insane :lol: I don't even like running 600w lamps in open reflectors. W/ Mez's setup 400cfm will cool 2 lamps no problem, I run probably the same fan and I've cooled a 1kw and 600w hps in series with it before. When you draw air from outside of the room, through the reflector and out of the other side of the tent it cools much better then drawing air from inside the room and out of the tent. I run Cooltubes which let air travel a little smoother no turbulence since its a straight round cylinder however I can't imagine the triangular enclosures being much less efficient.

Yah running 1kw lamps without enclosed reflectors is insane :lol: I don't even like running 600w lamps in open reflectors. W/ Mez's setup 400cfm will cool 2 lamps no problem, I run probably the same fan and I've cooled a 1kw and 600w hps in series with it before. When you draw air from outside of the room, through the reflector and out of the other side of the tent it cools much better then drawing air from inside the room and out of the tent. I run Cooltubes which let air travel a little smoother no turbulence since its a straight round cylinder however I can't imagine the triangular enclosures being much less efficient.

do you run a separate air exchange fan for the tent itself ?

It's a HTGS EasyCool 6. Ducting sucks air from outside tent, through the hood and expels outside tent.

DG_1K_ULT_EasyCool6.jpg

i run the same hood basically. love it. great choice. since it has the glass you can do ANYTHING you want with it. no exhaust hooked up yet......... but then nothing growing under it yet either.

med_gallery_13801_60_250680.jpg

if it was more convenient for me i would rather run an open 4 foot disc like rockinlespaul runs....... but heat becomes too much of a issue.

i run the same hood basically. love it. great choice. since it has the glass you can do ANYTHING you want with it. no exhaust hooked up yet......... but then nothing growing under it yet either.

med_gallery_13801_60_250680.jpg

if it was more convenient for me i would rather run an open 4 foot disc like rockinlespaul runs....... but heat becomes too much of a issue.

I bring in basement air t it into my two hoods then un t it

out of the tent where an Elicent 309 cfm fan pulls it throug and

dumps it on the other side of the tent. No problem with basement

heating up (1200 sq ft) and tent stays below 80 always with humidity

between 45-60.

And you get enough coverage for half of that tent with that reflector Mezz? The reflector is my issue. I didn't think that would be enough coverage. I've been looking at the Extrasun mondo reflector and others that are at least that size.

It's definitely brighter in the center of the 4'x4' area, but I have the light only about 16" from the canopy. Raised a little higher the light intensity would even out more. The XtraSun Mondo looks great though. I would use that!

do you run a separate air exchange fan for the tent itself ?

Yes

I do. It's constantly pulling through the filter and expelling outside the tent. I need to get a new filter and a larger fan. Getting a little stinky in late flowering.

Its better to draw from the tent and push through the filter outside then to draw through the filter.

And you get enough coverage for half of that tent with that reflector Mezz? The reflector is my issue. I didn't think that would be enough coverage. I've been looking at the Extrasun mondo reflector and others that are at least that size.

If coverage is an issue go cool tube. It will send out light horizontally from where you hang it.

Archived