Flowering Time 8-10 Weeks....

OK, so we see the descriptions of all these wonderful strains we'd like to grow. They usually show you a brief description, a picture maybe. They tell you if it's indica or sativa and how the certain strain may yield indoors and out BUT.....

Under what conditions are these? Rarely do you see a description of what wattage of light is used, medium used, etc....

Is there a "standard" per say that breeders go by when we see these descriptions?

The main reason I ask is the flowering time. Yeah, that AK may take up to 10 weeks in flower but under what circumstances? If the wattage is lower than you use then does this flowering time go out the window? If they use 600 watts and you use a 1000 or more than surely this flowering time changes?

Anyone?

i have researched this before. some seedbanks have an answer to this in their "FAQ" section, but Attitude is not one of them. i have seen a couple, give me a few minutes and i will dig some up for you. most all are in meters, configured in soil, under 1000w HPS lamps, in a sea of green and with CO2.

regardless, i agree. breeders should be giving banks a little more info as far as where these numbers come from.

i know i do not run CO2 but many who do say that it can act as a ripening agent in some/most strains and can reduce flower time by 5-7 days.... so yeah, i am with you 100%, if their numbers say 8 weeks, and that is running CO2, and you aren't............. it's probably going to be 9 weeks. and that kind of info would be nice :)

Generally, the 8-10 weeks is the window you have to harvest. This can vary by pheno/geno but is the general average. If you harvest early in the window then you get lighter effects. The later you take it in the window, the stronger it gets, in most circumstances. This way you can taylor the effects to your needs. Remember this is a general time frame and may differ in your micro enviornment.

Generally, the 8-10 weeks is the window you have to harvest. This can vary by pheno/geno but is the general average. If you harvest early in the window then you get lighter effects. The later you take it in the window, the stronger it gets, in most circumstances. This way you can taylor the effects to your needs. Remember this is a general time frame and may differ in your micro enviornment.

yeah but some of your Hazes and thai's can take up to 14 wks.

Dosen't really matter what strain, you just have to keep an eye on the trics. When the color starts to amber get ready to harvest...

Not all strains trichromes turn amber, some just turn cloudy. When they start changing color, that is usually the start of the two week window for harvest. Personally, I like at least 50% of the trichromes to change in color.

I think there should be a breakdown like this:

Strain name

Type of strain(sat/ind)

Indoors or out

Medium

Light

Nutes/C02

Flowering time

Yield

Possibly THC content?

I agree with you, and would encourage anyone here to start grow journals on strains they are running.

Archived